• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ann Arbor - Rofa's Biweekly Smashfest/Tournament - Returns after ROFAS CIRCUIT EVENT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Digital recording methods are superior. I vote everyone pay up some cash and get rofa some DVD recorders. :laugh:

TheWildcard

Smash Champion
oh DBS just so you know i was laughing when i posted wtf i found that post you wrote made 10 mins of my life funny :) you goin to rofas tourney? i would love to play you.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Digital recording methods are superior. I vote everyone pay up some cash and get rofa some DVD recorders. :laugh:
You should link me to some, I'm interested in investing in some for the MWC, but don't know which ones to buy :(

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
I actually play directly off my computer, which my Wii is hooked up to through something called a KWORLD DVD Maker or something. But RCA splitters should work too.

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
Yeah, devices that hook directly from the TV to the computer are the best for recording. Things like this (not sure on the credentials of that specific one, though) are the easiest way to record IMO. I wonder if using a cable splitter would allow you to hook up to multiple TVs at once to record them all.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Yeah, devices that hook directly from the TV to the computer are the best for recording. Things like this (not sure on the credentials of that specific one, though) are the easiest way to record IMO. I wonder if using a cable splitter would allow you to hook up to multiple TVs at once to record them all.
I'm thinking more along the lines of DVD recorders. I think it'd be awesome for me and the midwest if every Midwest Circuit event had 2 or 3 of those things recording all the really good matches.

rofa

Smash Journeyman
hehe, contrary to what you guys might think, VHS tapes are fine enough. there is no loss of quality and i'm able to go to a lab and stream them into digital files really quickly. however, my now ex-girlfiriend re arranged my tapes and log sheets when she was helping me clean up and i subsequently lost a log sheet and tape. so maybe having things in physical form isn't always best.

but yeah, i'm busy, sorry. i know i said vids this weekend, but i now realize that's unrealistic. itll be a few days. this is the end of my summer school class and i got a lot of work right now. sry.

side tournament will announced soon, along with a new flier!

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
S'ok Rofa, take your time. You do enough as it is :D

Also, you should run with the strikeout system for this tourney. As I might be going. I might literally drive straight to A2 after I finish failing the MCAT on Friday. We'll see.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
hehe, contrary to what you guys might think, VHS tapes are fine enough. there is no loss of quality and i'm able to go to a lab and stream them into digital files really quickly.
Perhaps I should have said that by superior, I meant it'd be a lot more convenient to get the stuff onto a computer for encoding an uploading. Either way, take your time.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Okay, I should be going to this and will probably need a doubles partner. Kel is prolly gonna be working, so I am partnerless and want to win doubles AND singles.

A GOOD doubles partner..... Anther? Joel? :D

dingding

Smash Ace
alright i'll try im having a smashfest at my house on friday with like Hot arms and his crew cause its like a end of finals thing i'll be practicing

Overswarm

is laughing at you
I challenge everyone who has been spamming this thread after my post to a $10 MM >=(

Okay, I should be going to this and will probably need a doubles partner. Kel is prolly gonna be working, so I am partnerless and want to win doubles AND singles.

A GOOD doubles partner..... Anther? Joel? :D

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
I'll see if I can make it to this one for singles, at the very least.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom