• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ann Arbor - Rofa's Biweekly Smashfest/Tournament - Returns after ROFAS CIRCUIT EVENT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scala

Smash Ace
I also ask for people to bring extra GC controllers friday/saturday. Since I moved out of my dorms I don't have any controllers since my roommate was the one with everything.

Regardless, this is gonna be huge! Holy smokes, can't wait.

rofa

Smash Journeyman
Oh, and does it matter when we show up on Friday?
No, it doesn't matter when you show up on Friday. However, the side tournament starts at 10 PM, so if you want to play in that you should be there before then.

Is there still going to be room for everybody? even new comers like me if i'm able to make it?
Yeah there is plenty of room! We'd love to have you!

-------- A couple of reminders ---------

Friday Side Tournament Announcement

This week the $5 Friday side tournament will be:

1 STOCK TOURNAMENT!

How will this work you ask?

• Matches will be a best of 7 games (each game 1 stock)
  • The WINNER of each game must remain the same character for the next game
  • The LOSER of each game gets to counterpick both character and stage!!!
  • All finals will be best of 11 games

This tournament's focus is on counterpicking. Because the winner of each game has to remain the same character, the loser has the ability to counterpick a stage/character that will give him a distinct advantage over the other player.

Of course, the other primary difference in this tournament is that after every death, both players have their damage reset. Therefore, every stock is the last stock. 1 stock, 1 life, 1 chance at victory.

Should be fun

Reminder: This tournament starts at 10 PM on Friday May 30th.

Video Page is here!

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
It's unlikely I will be going to this. Sorry, Vayseth. It's not June yet.

rofa

Smash Journeyman
ah comon ankoku! dont be a scrub! what's your excuse? no ride? scared to lose your mm? XCUSES R 4 SCRUBS.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Meh. I'll go to one when I can go to one.

Weren't you ever taught that finding enjoyment in killing is a shallow pleasure?

Enzyme

Smash Apprentice
I just don't wanna show up at like... 3pm and have your house mates think I'm really lame. That being said, I think I will show up at 6, unless co-ops eat together?

See, I could play smash all day... I need to know when people are starting. I'm self-conscious about these things. T_T

Vayseth

Smash Master
Enzyme:

Most of us show up around 6-7 so that's a good plan. I might be there around 5, depending on what time Omniswell arrives. As for tomorrow, Wednesdays are my "OH **** I'MMA DIE" super busy days, but if you want, we could play at Rofa's after 10 pm. Otherwise, thursday and friday work.

BIG C

Smash Master
so if we come on friday night will there be a copy of melee anywhere because I dunno if I can play brawl all night?

Nvm lain said he's gonna bring a copy of melee.

Enzyme

Smash Apprentice
I always bring one and a memory card, as I actually like it more >_>

Whatever works Vayseth, I just want to get in a few games before Friday so I have time to fine tune since I havn't played any serious Brawl matches yet.

Call me if you're playing tomorrow, but if you're too tired, don't worry about it, I know how it is.

rofa

Smash Journeyman
I might come on saturday.

i hope you do! bring your friend too (ah i forgot his name, sorry!) . but yeah, you should definitely come. bring a wii/tv and get $5 off like last time!! w00t

that reminds me people, be one of the first 3 people to bring full setups and i give $5 off a tournament!

SO - BRING WIIS!

BRING TVS

BRING WORKING VCRS (PLEASE TEST YOUR VCRS BEFORE YOU BRING THEM!)

Seriously, I know you all have Wiis, because you all play this game. And I know you all have TVs, because you all play this game. So bring them, contribute to the tournament.

We can always use more Wiis/TVs. I know it's a hassle to bring them, but they are SUPER appreciated!!! See you guys in a couple of days. Start practicing mother **** ers.

Kel

Smash Master
****, this looks sweet. Sliq coming by chance? I'd love to see his ganon up close.

I'll be there, we'll see if I actually have $10 to spend though >_> (**** you, Euro!)
Sliq won't be back in Cincinnati until late-June.

Therefore, I will be the only Gunpunch! representative...

I'll also be winning.

BIG C

Smash Master
im not bringing my wii i dunno maybe i will but its totally a burned *** version i play with if you're cool with that then I'll bring it. No TV cuz that's just too much work for me. and I'll bring a VCR possibly 2. I dun have any good tapes to bring tho so have tapes for it and I aint uploadin nothin.

SCOTU

Smash Hero
Considering that I know that these are Brawl biweeklies, you don't actually say that in the rules lol. Any chance that you'll be hosting Melee singles at any of the future biweeklies? cause that would probably draw some ppl.

If you do, i could bring a cube and vid equipment, maybe a tv if i'm lucky.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
I won't be coming to this one. Besides everything working against me in terms of making it, the only people I'd be going there to meet would be Anther, lain, and MAYBE Vayseth. Once I get a car of my own, chances of making it to something will be much greater. Which will be sometime around June 20. So, maybe I'll see you guys then.

Or if someone guarantees me a ride, I'll try to make one. Either one works.

rofa

Smash Journeyman
dbs, give me a call 760 613 4128 i can probably hook that ride

(or anyone else in need of ride)

Enzyme

Smash Apprentice
Fine Tony, I see how it is >_> *pouty face*

Couldn't make it out today, sadly (Aunt from out of town is in) but I'll be there tomorrow/Sat. for def.

For definitely doesn't make sense as a phrase, but I don't care, and am using it anyways.

TheMann

Smash Ace
I think I need a ride. I can't get a hold of Anther and I usually pool with him.

So if I can pool with somebody plz PM me or something. This Biweekly seems like its gonna be too good for me to miss!

Scala

Smash Ace
If anyone needs a ride AND lives in the area in red AND doesn't mind riding with strangers, I'll give you a lift to rofa's smashfest friday night and will bring you back saturday.

Vayseth

Smash Master
I think I need a ride. I can't get a hold of Anther and I usually pool with him.

So if I can pool with somebody plz PM me or something. This Biweekly seems like its gonna be too good for me to miss!
Anther's in Ipsy right now. We just hung out with him last night. However, look at this:

If anyone needs a ride AND lives in the area in red AND doesn't mind riding with strangers, I'll give you a lift to rofa's smashfest friday night and will bring you back saturday.

That's in your area right?

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
There is a low chance I may be coming today. Potentially with Epic and another friend of mine. If I were to give it a percent, I'd say its around a 20% chance. Which is coincidentally just about the score I expect on the MCAT when I get around to taking it :/

thaxceptional1

Smash Lord

o **** give my dad a ride from his office lol.

thaxceptional1

Smash Lord
i dunno if i can even come cuz i havent talked to joe all week, he probably moved to florida or something lol.

rofa

Smash Journeyman
There is a low chance I may be coming today. Potentially with Epic and another friend of mine. If I were to give it a percent, I'd say its around a 20% chance. Which is coincidentally just about the score I expect on the MCAT when I get around to taking it :/

sometimes the best thing is a break from studying! i think smash is just what the doctor ordered. seriously, itll be nice to get away from the mcats and chill out and brawl. u know i'm right so don't even try arguing. plus, we all love cute little pandas

BrawlBro

Smash Ace
Bi-weekly... so thats every two weeks right? haha sorry for being an idiot.

Im going to try and make it out next week, wish I could this weekend but I got to work..

So have fun everyone this weekend and hopefully Il see you next weekend.

D_B_S

Smash Lord
I cant make it........... I overdrafted in my account........

so i had to pay 35.00...........

so once again im broke.......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom