• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Alabama Thread! (10/26/2016 update)

j00t

Smash Champion
well if i had $30 i would >.< but i have none to give you.

Joot you should come. I haven't played you in a while. i'm here already, waiting for coach to finish TF2.
I decided not to come. Sorry man. I learned that my dad needs me for something tomorrow so I'm gonna have to stay here.

Shai Hulud

Smash Lord
HAHAHAHA MS tournies. That is comedy. But seriously there are none unless 3GOD or Mookie host them cause I suspect they are the only ones who would do it. I think I heard Mookie would do some tourney stuff, but no word on the first date of his biweeklies.
It's not about people hosting them or not--it's about attendance. If there were a legitimate Melee scene in MS we would host tournaments, but as it is it makes no sense to host them here and make everyone come out of state.

There might be enough local scrub interest for Brawl tourneys though.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
that was fking awesome

ok why are ICs not in league with mk and snake already?
Because they have to grab you first, and if they can't do that, they're pretty mediocre in general. It's not hard to prevent yourself from getting grabbed by ICs (says the Wario player :/ )

thats a pretty good IC player, but i think hylians is better. You should've seen what he did to inui's marth at Fast 1
I beat him in a money match, further proving my point. Wario probably has a great advantage because of that. :D

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
For the record, I no longer secondary Ganondorf; I started using Sheik, however (not Zelda). F-Tilt is the most fun thing in the world.

Kalm

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Unibias
3DS FC
1650-2449-3447
moar not-boring brawl vids

this is a REALLY good IC's player http://www.getyourtournament.com/multimedia/2008/08/shuffle-and-cut-fly-amanita-vs-cakes.html

more stuff like this and IC's will def be high tier
the second match is just ****

The skill difference seemed pretty obvious between the opponents. Even so, I still think IC's chaingrabbing is bull****. Taking massive damage or getting outright KO'd for one simply mistake? Why, everyone would be playing characters like that!

More like melee than was thought.

Duchock

Smash Journeyman
MAN people are taking all my secret characters

lul
You should pick up Metaknight... but then you'd be stealing MY secret character!

Side note though: I do have a secret character. You may or may not see her/him and their awesomeness at gamebox this weekend.

j00t

Smash Champion
Meta Knight is EVERYONE'S secret character.

It's like Melee; whether you knew it or not, Sheik was everyone's main. <3
I'd beg to differ. I hate the simplicity of her combos in Melee. I've played her here and there, but I just don't like her.

Shai Hulud

Smash Lord
I agree. I can play Sheik decently (as can everyone) but she has very little depth and is incredibly boring to play so I almost never use her.

Sensai

Smash Master
Meta Knight is EVERYONE'S secret character.

It's like Melee; whether you knew it or not, Sheik was everyone's main. <3
I, the Melee Ganon player, take issue with this. No, it's not that I couldn't play Sheik, it's just that I wasn't enough of a prick to do so. Same with Metaknight (who was my original main until I figured out he was hella busted).

That's my problem as a Smash player: I have a conscience and refuse to play stupidly broken characters.

[_-T4RN1SH-_]

Smash Journeyman
I return to post this and ask if anyone is going ?

http://impactclash.com/

I take my leave for more months to come... Also i sold my Wii and everything that is Nintendo except for one lone GC controller XD. There press conference was a bust so yea...

ihavespaceblondes

Smash Master
I return to post this and ask if anyone is going ?

http://impactclash.com/

I take my leave for more months to come... Also i sold my Wii and everything that is Nintendo except for one lone GC controller XD. There press conference was a bust so yea...
I don't blame you, that press conference was a joke. Pandering to casuals makes money, sure, but NONE of them even know e3 exists, so what's the point of doing it there? I guess they literally didn't have anything else to show.

popsofctown

Smash Champion
I, the Melee Ganon player, take issue with this. No, it's not that I couldn't play Sheik, it's just that I wasn't enough of a prick to do so. Same with Metaknight (who was my original main until I figured out he was hella busted).

That's my problem as a Smash player: I have a conscience and refuse to play stupidly broken characters.
Alabama is the only place cool enough to do unspoken soft banning.

Majist

Smash Journeyman

see? SEE!? that's why no one can ever hate you!! even when you own us all, we can't hate you! cuz you're awesome like that!

i hate you for it!

popsofctown

Smash Champion
why everyone jocking... sheik was supposed to be my wtf you're good with HER character but now everyone's picking her up
Nuuuuuuuuuu don't even go there i had her first, I should be complaining, me me. And i picked my main the second day we had the game. You can ask DanGR.
George picked her up after seeing how awesome mine was. The rest of you probably picked her up out of sheer desire to plagiarize someone they hadn't met yet.

Remember, everytime you steal someone's main
somewhere a fairy dies,
someone somewhere trips,
Captain Falcon gets another SSB4 nerf,
and someone picks up Meta Knight

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
mann I played george at gamebox with sheik, next thing I know he picked up sheik, and used zelda's upsmash to kill like me an everything :-P

and I dont have a problem playing busted characters, (especially since I get put out almost every tournament by one) my main criteria for playing a character is whether that character is fun or not. Snake is a blast :-D
and marth in melee is better than sheik anyway imo sheik has the advantage in that match up, but marth beats everyone in the game PLUS spacies, unlike sheik

Top Bottom