• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Alabama Thread! (10/26/2016 update)

Shai Hulud

Smash Lord
My Gamecube broke. :(

It won't spin discs anymore. Somebody tell me how to fix it...or buy me a new one please.

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
add sheik/zelda to my characters

Put me in the tuscaloosa list as well because I will be back in forth between cities once school starts.

Take Ganon off my brother InTACT's characters.

also take that brawl code off my name. I wont be on it anymore. I probably wont be online very much at all even when i do get a wii lulz

and if you're updating the melee section, change my melee characters to fox, roy, marth, falco, falcon

and change my brothers melee character to Ganondorf

also, I'm hoping to get a car in the upcoming weeks. when that happens I'll be joining many more smashfests y'heard

munkus beaver

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0619-4510-9772
I'm hoping to go any smashfests. As in, I hope to be able to actually attend them for once.

3GOD

Smash Ace
My Gamecube broke. :(

It won't spin discs anymore. Somebody tell me how to fix it...or buy me a new one please.
Mine did that about 18 months ago...the solution was a can of compressed air. I sprayed a lot on the lens, made the spinning mechanism spin a lot with it, and sprayed in the side vents a good bit as well. If you don't have any compressed air, you can try a blow dryer using the "cool" setting - I do that sometimes when my cube starts having trouble again.

It still struggles to read my AR disc though. But if I just keep opening and closing the lid, it eventually reads it (maybe 20 - 30 opening/closings).

popsofctown

Smash Champion
dropping a rare character for a popular one. for shame george...

Reflex you are funny. When will i ever finally play you?

DracoFox

Smash Ace
Moogle...I should let you know since you don't really know who I main as in Melee.
Mainly Marth, but I do play as Fox, Falco, Shiek, Y. Link, and Link. I could name off more, but using the entire list besides Pichu, Mewtwo, and Bowser would pretty much sum it up. XD But don't.

saintrage

Smash Cadet
First page is updated. I forced a bunch of you onto the player list on the first page: HsV.BOSS, popsofctown, Will_, Pr0t0, Phantom. Let me know if you want something changed or just don't want to be there... or if I forgot about you. :x DracoFox, I put you in the Melee section.. let me know if you want to be associated with Brawl. :p Also, I updated the future tournaments thing... let me know if I forgot some tourneys.

Lastly, both my roommates are gonna be out of town for many days. So.... if any of you want to come over and play Brawl or Melee at almost any time, I should be up for it.
perhaps early Thursday or Friday before i have to work. Like between 12 pm and 3 good for you?

Moogle...I should let you know since you don't really know who I main as in Melee.
Mainly Marth, but I do play as Fox, Falco, Shiek, Y. Link, and Link. I could name off more, but using the entire list besides Pichu, Mewtwo, and Bowser would pretty much sum it up. XD But don't.
So you got a job? you're staying here?

Baky

Smash Journeyman
Is it just me or does Florida control our Regional forums. It now takes me more than 3 seconds to find the thread I'm looking for.

j00t

Smash Champion
Is playing Brawl at moogle's on thursday a weekly thing, or is that not happening this week?
It's weekly, pretty much. There's some periods where we just don't meet, but Thursday is the norm.

Moogle, I'm coming over tonight to play some Barlw (Yes, Barlw) with you and you alone. That alright? Is it officially a date?

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
Pops and I are coming I think. I'll try not to be a douche with the pikmin.

It's okay, though. I'm secretly picking up Ganondorf, who is probably more uncommon than Yoshi.
I too have picked up a bottom tier character. Can you guess who it is?

DracoFox

Smash Ace
-_-; Still no job. I've pretty much given up. I'm working on a ride home. Anyone want to do a road trip? I can cover $200 for gas. Want to see what its like for smash back at my place? There is a tournament going on this weekend. :D Housing is included.

Sensai

Smash Master
I am now officially the angriest smasher in Alabama. Even more angry than Coach.
Coach's anger is subtle. You have to work on your subtle.

Also, I think I may be down for Smash sometime soon, be it the real one (Melee) or that joke of a game (Bawrl).

GeorgeTHPS

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GeorgeThePlushie
3DS FC
1676-3689-8314
I just had the pleasure of seeing Kirby Super Star Ultra's US box art, and for the first time since The Crystal Shards, Kirby is not pissed in it. In fact, he's the cutest he's ever been in a single picture. Nintendo's strategy must have changed incredibly to let Kirby be a happy, curious little puffball instead of a pissed off, raging puffball that will beat the **** out of you if you take its food. I am pleased.

popsofctown

Smash Champion
i'm a really big Kirby fan. Don't ask how many times i beat Kirby's Dreamland for NES. Or how many times the surprise ending surprised me.

j00t

Smash Champion
Coach's anger is subtle. You have to work on your subtle.

Also, I think I may be down for Smash sometime soon, be it the real one (Melee) or that joke of a game (Bawrl).
Tonight, Sensai. TONIGHT. I'm gonna be there, and I need someone to Melee with.

coach

Smash Apprentice
Thanks for having my back sensai. It's all about having tact with your anger that way other people "might" enjoy it.

p.s. i'll miss you dracofox.

coach

Smash Apprentice
I don't know. Just call me out on it and I'll definitely play you. Id just assume youd rather play someone better or barlw. BTW im ridiculous at brawl, like alabama doesn't even know.

coach

Smash Apprentice
I just lost this post and it makes me really mad, stupid hotel internet. the edit which i will now try to recreate looked something like this.

Other reasons may include:
1. I like playing people in a marathon session rather than alternating, which is very hard when Joot will butt in and want to play people that i like playing.
2. I think ive read more words than heard you speak irl (this isn't a bad thing, I just don't know how to gauge our smash friendliness).
3. I could be playing tf2
4. I could be drunk.
5. I could be too busy talking about brawl and how good of a game it is.
6. I don't like low tier matches, it forces me to play pikachu and I really don't like that.

Hopefully this has outlined to other people why I may not have played them in either game. This may be my content filled post I've ever made on smashboards. Thank you for bringing it out of me. Really just yell at me if I don't play and if I'm busy I'll yell back and let you know in a tactfully angry manner (probably something snide with veiled hatred, but I only mean it playfully). I'd like to thank everyone who made it possible even. Especially this topic which everyday we strive for excellence in despite my petty attempts to undermine the meaningful conversation.

on another note, If it's late I will play people in brawl, just watch out. Just because ive only played the game for maybe 7 hours doesn't mean I'm completely unskilled (it's like the thousands of hours of melee help or something!?).

And so I exit to live another day. I will bide my time in the shadows waiting for something to bring me out with their wonderful wit that I will in some way attempt to top with my sharp tongue.

Sensai

Smash Master
coach said:
4. I could be drunk.
I lolled, especially that last part.
coach said:
Especially this topic which everyday we strive for excellence in despite my petty attempts to undermine the meaningful conversation.
Again, lolled.

j00t

Smash Champion
I just lost this post and it makes me really mad, stupid hotel internet. the edit which i will now try to recreate looked something like this.

1. I like playing people in a marathon session rather than alternating, which is very hard when Joot will butt in and want to play people that i like playing.
2. I think ive read more words than heard you speak irl (this isn't a bad thing, I just don't know how to gauge our smash friendliness).
4. I could be drunk.
6. I don't like low tier matches, it forces me to play pikachu and I really don't like that.

Hopefully this has outlined to other people why I may not have played them in either game. This may be my content filled post I've ever made on smashboards. Thank you for bringing it out of me. Really just yell at me if I don't play and if I'm busy I'll yell back and let you know in a tactfully angry manner (probably something snide with veiled hatred, but I only mean it playfully). I'd like to thank everyone who made it possible even. Especially this topic which everyday we strive for excellence in despite my petty attempts to undermine the meaningful conversation.

on another note, If it's late I will play people in brawl, just watch out. Just because ive only played the game for maybe 7 hours doesn't mean I'm completely unskilled (it's like the thousands of hours of melee help or something!?).

And so I exit to live another day. I will bide my time in the shadows waiting for something to bring me out with their wonderful wit that I will in some way attempt to top with my sharp tongue.
Ahh, I see. I'll try not to butt in anymore. >:3

Coach, you are great. <3's all around.

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor

4. I could be drunk.

1. fair enough, maybe we need an extra "marathon only" set up
2. true. well I have no problem with you and in fact find you quite enjoyable to be around but maybe thats because i'm not ever the target of your malice, which may be because we don't communicate much :-P
3. i dont know anything about tf2. should I pick it up.
4. drunken smash seems like it would be entertaining
5. yeah i know. i like brawl but you worship it as your god it seems
6. play whoever you want to play.

DracoFox

Smash Ace
Well, if Rob is heading over tonight, I'd like to join. And to keep you guys update, I'm heading back home tomorrow. Sorry my stay wasn't longer than expected, but for job hunting to be like this... I'm sorry. :) Ty for the good times and hopefully for some more tonight.

coach

Smash Apprentice
Well, if Rob is heading over tonight, I'd like to join. And to keep you guys update, I'm heading back home tomorrow. Sorry my stay wasn't longer than expected, but for job hunting to be like this... I'm sorry. :) Ty for the good times and hopefully for some more tonight.
If you're ever back this way, let us know. You're a cool dude.

Sensai

Smash Master
I didn't get to meet you, DracoFox...that's really too bad.

@ Janitor: Yes, you should absolutely pick up TF2 (Team Fortress 2). It's amazing.

j00t

Smash Champion
Man, that sucks. We didn't get to play many matches, so I'm sorry for that. I hope you do well wherever you may be headed. Was nice to meet you.

Top Bottom