• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Alabama Thread! (10/26/2016 update)

NES n00b

Smash Master
Oxford, Mississippi. . . . permanent n00b
I phone is off, so i might have to call u from another phone tonight. I supposed to have a date tomorrow, but I don't think it will go down(hopefully) because I phone is off and she has no way off getting in contact with me, but she does have my house number. NOOB if she doesn't call me by 6:30pm we can go Friday. How does that sound and I will give u a call by that time, maybe a little before then.
Sounds good. A little late start, but I can live with it. Don't worry if you can't go.

I can always go to the Birmingham Brawl tourney........:ohwell:

SK8orDIE

Smash Apprentice
i think some developers just don't want to sell fighting games to fighting game fans:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FOgyWAeqjsk

At least Soul Calibur IV has a shot at getting a patch. Smash doesn't have a prayer; Nintendo will arrogantly assert it's correctness like it has always done (we're gonna use CARTRIDGES, ****it!).

I'm holding out hope for Street Fighter II Hyper HD Remix. It will have a "balanced mode", which will make use of years of feedback and competitive data to round out the cast and foster honest competition.

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
that's the double edge sword of nintendo, due to their independence and stubborness we got cool **** like shoulder buttons, analog sticks, and the Wii

but on the otherhand stuff like that happens.
and the Virtual Boy. *shudders*

"air control" did they finally add DI in another fighter?

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
I'll see you guys up in B'ham tomorrow. I want some matches Mookie.

SK8orDIE

Smash Apprentice
that's the double edge sword of nintendo, due to their independence and stubborness we got cool **** like shoulder buttons, analog sticks, and the Wii

but on the otherhand stuff like that happens.
and the Virtual Boy. *shudders*

"air control" did they finally add DI in another fighter?
Soul Calibur has always had DI. that way you don't get totally juggled after getting launched in the air. i guess the analogue to tech chasing would be reading your opponent's air control. Smash isn't the only awesome game ;)

Double-edged sword is the perfect descriptor. You forgot to mention tiny D-pads. Nintendo sought fit to equip the GC controller with inappropriately tiny D-pads. Those analog shoulder buttons were cool for F-Zero and Rogue Leader, though.

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
so munkus won that bama tourney.
will, got third

and munkus and moogle won teams
joot and will got third i believe

go huntsville

popsofctown

Smash Champion
hey nice1 were you at the most recent (couple hours ago) GameBox tournament? Because i didn't see you, and have yet to get to play you at all.

nice1

Smash Lord
hey Janitor, who made second?
yea i know i wanted to make this one but i couldn't make it due to skool shopping (Aug. 11), but will u be at the one on aug. 30. i put aside everything to try my best at making this one, and reflex should be at this one too. You and I will play mad friendlies when we see each other. Flex Team with me. It'll be fun just like TN lol. ILL DROWN UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
i have to work next saturday so I can't go to waba brawl, but i'm off sunday, so if any of you are planning on going to waba melee consider picking me up :-D

Will_

Smash Journeyman
will, got third
Don't remind me, lol. All I had to do was pick brokeknight instead of DK on Iori and you all would have been treated to some lame MK dittos for the grand.

Of course, that could have been ME getting lava comboed by Iori, so maybe not.

saintrage

Smash Cadet
So, moogle, joot, coach, we should go to tipped off 3...yes ^.^ i can actually ask off for this one since its so far in advance.

Also, moogle you should just announce yours for October, right now, so no one has time to come up with a tourny of their own for that month :p

It looks like i might be getting a better job soon, so i may end up attending the Brawl tournaments on the weekends, once i improve a little, and once i get this job. Then i'll be able to see you beautiful people alot more often ^^

popsofctown

Smash Champion
I made the last three Bham tournaments. I should make the 30th. Hopefully this time i get to play players who are worse than me, but those are hard to find, lol. I want to play you nice1, you're supposed to be good.

nice1

Smash Lord
I made the last three Bham tournaments. I should make the 30th. Hopefully this time i get to play players who are worse than me, but those are hard to find, lol. I want to play you nice1, you're supposed to be good.
sure we are gonna play mad friendlies. hopefully we can get in some singles before teams start, we will see. So what gives u the impression i'm supposed to be good?

popsofctown

Smash Champion
you were on the maybes of the midsouth power rankings. At least at one point.

It looks like you are maining one of my favorite characters right now. I don't play Lucario, but I like to watch him and i like the way the character works. I keep telling my friend to use him cuz he's awesome, but DanGR doesn't appreciate Lucario enough.

nice1

Smash Lord
you were on the maybes of the midsouth power rankings. At least at one point.

It looks like you are maining one of my favorite characters right now. I don't play Lucario, but I like to watch him and i like the way the character works. I keep telling my friend to use him cuz he's awesome, but DanGR doesn't appreciate Lucario enough.
yea i'm not on the PR:( but it's ok lol. i'm trying out lucario but i won't play him in singles or in teams on the 30th. i'll use him in friendlies. theres only a few u can base skill off the PR. i played handorin in TN who is on the PR, rank number 9 i think can't remember, and i he couldn't beat me in our friendlies. It's gonna take awhile b4 the mid south PR is very accurate. Only thing thats 100% accurate is reflex being #1

Duchock

Smash Journeyman
I'm probably not gonna be around much any more, guys. The next tourny I'm gonna go to is probably going to be Janitor's Tuscaloosa bash (we'll have to team for old times sake, Munkus). After that, College brings with it the whirlwind of the unknown schedule. So... yah~

Sensai

Smash Master
Huh...did you know that 'ten characters' is not actually ten characters? Let's count.

t-e-n-c-h-a-r-a-c-t-e-r-s
1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9-0-1-2-3

It's actually THIRTEEN characters. However, 'characters' IS ten characters!

How interesting!

(Also: I'm going to be without internet for a little bit during this move process [starting tomorrow, ending Friday or so]. But, I'll see you guys on the other side, especially you Birminghamians. We gotta play!)

coach

Smash Apprentice
hey rob, the show was really good and the opening bands were amazing (jaguar love, a robert plantesque glam rock band, and shy child,a keytar/singer, saxophone, and a drummer. I got you your CD too, ill give it to you when i get back. I danced my *** off to your retro career melted.

gadrockgamers

Smash Rookie
This Saturday at The Party Playstation in Oxford Alabama, Gadrock Gamers will be sanctioning a 2 vs 2 Super Smash Bros. Brawl Tournament!

It will start at 6:30 and it will be $20 a team to enter.

Rules: 3/5 Games, 3 Lives Stock, Double Elimination

1st Prize: Cash (50% of entry fees obtained), Gift Certificates to Replays and More!
2nd Prize: Cash (20% of entry fees obtained), Gift Certificates to Replays and more!

Also, we will be holding an Arcade Air Hockey Tournament halfway through the SSBB Tournament and its $3 to enter

Be there!

More information @ www.myspace.com/gadrockgamers

munkus beaver

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0619-4510-9772
So you're hosting a melee tourney then?

:p

You're not gonna be able to have all four events in that time frame duder.

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
brackets only take a couple of hours. the last tourney was a brawl tourney that took 9 hours and the swiss round took up like five of those hours. no swiss this time. plus I doubt there will be very many entrants to the melee event anyway. If I only get like 5 set ups, i'm def scrapping the idea but with enough set ups it's possible.

Gamebox took like 8 hours again, the pools taking up a good bit of the time. (with only like 5 set ups)

Top Bottom