• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Afro's thoughts on Melee Enthusiasts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zoro

Smash Champion
too many words and posts to just say brawl sucks and u guys are noobs

thats all u gota say jeez

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
all this talk of fighting games reminds me...with all these multi-fighting game tourneys going around, i need to learn another fighting game competitively to go along with brawl, at least until SF4 comes out to consoles.. Im thinking maybe SC4, or 3rd strike if i can find my dreamcast. Or maybe i can start reading up on the wonderful world of baiken in GGAC...i bought that **** for the wii and i havnt played it since the first day i played it

Life After Death

Smash Champion
lol matt u know better brawl is a horrible game. u cant defend the game just cuz its fun again. yea its fun buts its a horrible competitive game. its just fun kids get over it. it will always be bad. its a **** game.

GET **** ON SCRUBS

Scar

#HarveyDent
It's sad to see that melee enthusiasts have literally lost their soul due to a new game,, that EVERYONE agrees is worse, yet is still being played more then melee.
Most of us are completely over it, we still hate Brawl because it's simply a far worse competitive game but we understand that Melee isn't for everyone. Which is doubtlessly why Brawl is played more. Extremely user friendly, easy to get good at.
These melee Enthusiasts have come up with a completely ******** discriminatory term, known as the brawl noob OR the brawl scrub, due to these "brawl noobs" newfound attention wiping away the previous melee players dominating egos.
Though I think you're correct in that terms like these are stupid, this is very much not the reason for "melee enthusiasts" using this term. It's because on average by a very large margin, the Brawl community is very much less knowledgeable about their game than members of the Melee community.

Further, Brawl players know NOTHING about competitive Melee (and I cannot stress NOTHING enough) while Melee players have all played and tried Brawl.
It has caused a split between the "brawl noobs" and the Melee Enthusiasts, which the majority of the ruckus is caused by the Melee Enthusiasts instead of just playing their own **** game.
To my knowledge everyone is playing their own game, but people are going to talk about things, there is nothing you can do about it. In much the same way Brawl players should stop feeding these trolls and play their own **** game.
These Melee Enthusiasts (some who do not even play brawl, or have any knowledge of the meta game whatsoever, despite common social prejudice) are hell-bent on constantly reminding us of the negative factors of brawl
Already addressed, seriously guys if you can't take it then add those people to your ignore list, it's an incredible thing. Making threads like this won't help though, this is THE quintessential Brawl n00b attitude, "wahhhh wahhhh they r telling us r game is bad im so sad and emo".
(as if melee, has none of these negative factors such as Chaingrabbing), despite Brawl ACTUALLY having alot of depthh especially in the single jab/shield/different elemental character specific moves (i.e. Wario bite/Wolf shine) adding intrinsic depth to the mixup game, an element that Melee does not have (where one hit results in a winding combo instead of a continued contest of thoughtful prediction.)
and lol @ this, you should have quit while you were ahead. Nothing in this makes any sense to anyone on my side of the argument, and you seem like one of those Brawl players who knows NOTHING about Melee.

Discussing the effects of the divide on the community is fine, but please don't try to convince anyone that Brawl is as competitive as Melee. I see your reasons and this is why each one of them is completely invalid.

Chaingrabbing in Melee takes reaction, technical ability, and precise timing, in Brawl it literally only takes timing and not much of it. No, combos are nothing like that, you need to react to DI which makes mid-level players comboing high-level players nearly impossible, and yes, the great combo-ers of Melee actually do need to predict DI and their opponent's post-stun response to continue the combo.

Bowser's fB goes through shields too, so yes we have one character who has a "different elemental character specific move".

Yes Brawl has depth, no it does not have much.

White Out

Smash Apprentice
I don't get it

Both Games are Fun
Both Games have a form of meta game
Both "Brawl Noobs" and "Melee Enthusiasts" dislike each other

Seems to me everything is equal ?

infact IMHO in terms of fun

Brawl = Melee

Renth

Smash Hero
Equi in the short time i've seen you post on these boards. All I see is a guy who joined in 06 probably got into melee couldn't manage to L cancel, got ***** and quit and now is trying to argue "Bawrl" is a good game.

P.S. to all "Bawrl" scrubs out there people with join dates of 2008 dates shouldn't try to argue with people who have been on the forums for 2-4+ years. Also, shouldn't be making threads for that matter.

Edit: I also love how this threads called Afro's thoughts on Melee Enthusiasts, then at the bottom of the first post it says

------ Afro and Equi.

So it's obviously both of your thoughts cause you're gay with each other like that.

Renth

Smash Hero
wow i haven't even been playing for two years...
Yea, but you went out of your way to try to get good at melee, that and you also had a good community to learn from to get good fast.

because sign up date means everything.
It doesn't mean everything my special little friend, it'd be like a year or two ago someone randomly joining smash boards and saying LOL Mewtwo is BrokeN i'd totally beat everyone with him. After being on the boards a little longer and learning more he'll find mewtwo is junk. Just like the new brawl kids coming in being like Brawl takes skill, same argument.

FlatSoda

Smash Champion
It doesn't mean everything my special little friend, it'd be like a year or two ago someone randomly joining smash boards and saying LOL Mewtwo is BrokeN i'd totally beat everyone with him. After being on the boards a little longer and learning more he'll find mewtwo is junk. Just like the new brawl kids coming in being like Brawl takes skill, same argument.
I understand with this point. And yes it'll lean more towards what you're saying. But there's a few intelligent people on these boards that do not need their join date to back them up.

let's say, if you signed up in 08, I'd still find you an avid Melee supporter without a doubt.

I don't know guess it depends on the argue/posters.

Renth

Smash Hero
I understand with this point. And yes it'll lean more towards what you're saying. But there's a few intelligent people on these boards that do not need their join date to back them up.

let's say, if you signed up in 08, I'd still find you an avid Melee supporter without a doubt.

I don't know guess it depends on the argue/posters.
I suppose so, Melee support or Brawl hater it really doesn't make a difference. To be completely honest I only make fun of Brawl cause I get bored and need something to pick on. Before it was always Cash Mooney. Most people on these forums should NOT take what I say to heart. Although, Intelligence or not doesn't give them the experience the others have from years of playing.

White Out

Smash Apprentice
DONT HATE 08 !!!!

but serously everyone is entitled to thier own views

this arguing is stupid lets make fun of halo 3 or something WHARZ MY BXR!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom