• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ADAT2 Western Regional Championship 2009! :: July 24-25 :: Edmonton, AB, Canada!

ppig

Smash Journeyman
we are going to come some time Thursday zac has driver training first we will prob be their some time in the day get an early start to smash week

aish

Smash Journeyman
Sou kawaii's pretty simple, near northgate, near toys r us, like a straight road from northgate. Luke says its near his place which is near jack's place...well I don't find it as clear

Might as well take this off !
"If anybody requires assistance finding the location, post in this thread and we will try to help you ASAP"

8[

DTP

L o s t - in reality~
I would like to know in advance, how many people want me to help them set up homebrew at ADAT2?
Oh **** oh ****, meeeee.
I ditched the sou Kawaii tourney last time (And the time before that, sorry aish) but now I'm coming for sure. Should I bother to bring all of the cords and ****. I'm lazy and don't want to bring em xD
I'll steal someone elses :p

Brawl people, you guys BETTER enter melee singles if we keep it at $10. Let me know if you are or not.
Yeah, I'll be entering doubles, and maybe singles xD
500$ singles plz
more incentive for beaver

I like this

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
oh come on you guys. You guys have to join Melee. ):

I've said it before time and time again but I'm joining Brawl, and I know a lot of us RD guys are joining as well just for the heck of it. Why are you brawl players so mehmeh about this? If you guys realize that if a lot of you guys play, you'll be playing with each other making it more even anyways in the end. And if you didn't know already, some of us never touched brawl since adat1/it's release (Connor, Scott, Brad) but we're still playing. Why? To share the experience, and to see how far we can get in a game we don't play. We don't like the game, but those reasons are enough to attend. I'm glad to hear that Mike Wong and Vania are attending melee, and they don't even play. I just wonder why some of you who actually do know how to play melee won't attend. (Jack, Mark, Brandon) Is it because you guys are scurred of getting owned? If enough of you guys join, that shouldn't be too much of a problem.

The events at ADAT2 are intertwined, and us Melee players have the upper hand. If there's not a whole lot of you brawl players playing melee, then us melee players won't participate for brawl (yeahyeah Vania, we're still teams.) I'm talking a huge decrease of about 100+ dollars in the brawl pot as well as the general attendance and I know how much Dan and Luke want money.

Honestly, when you see Melee players join Brawl, you know you have to do the vice versa. We're always the one bickering about the opposing games right? =P

And I mean come on, when Darren and William are going into melee, 'getting owned' as a john becomes out of the question.

KillL0ck

Smash Ace
Vic, I would join, however I just don't have the funds to join both Melee and Brawl at this time, it's one or the other and it's unfortunate that Brawl is priority for me. I just hope my decision doesn't make others choose differently, I'm sure the majority of the Brawl scene will join Melee for fun.

I dusted off Melee yesterday and had so much fun, good time's with that game. For some odd reason though I've grown a liking to Fox(Even though previously I hated playing him), quite odd.

p.s i don't play melee i suck so hard at it lol

T-block

B2B TST
<- brawler entering melee

$10 entry is definitely a lot more attractive to me. in all honesty, i would probably still enter melee singles if it were $15. definitely not melee doubles for $15 though...if it were $10 i might consider doubles if i could find another partner who's in it for the lulz

Ermine

Smash Ace
oh come on you guys. You guys have to join Melee. ):

I've said it before time and time again but I'm joining Brawl, and I know a lot of us RD guys are joining as well just for the heck of it. Why are you brawl players so mehmeh about this? If you guys realize that if a lot of you guys play, you'll be playing with each other making it more even anyways in the end. And if you didn't know already, some of us never touched brawl since adat1/it's release (Connor, Scott, Brad) but we're still playing. Why? To share the experience, and to see how far we can get in a game we don't play. We don't like the game, but those reasons are enough to attend. I'm glad to hear that Mike Wong and Vania are attending melee, and they don't even play. I just wonder why some of you who actually do know how to play melee won't attend. (Jack, Mark, Brandon) Is it because you guys are scurred of getting owned? If enough of you guys join, that shouldn't be too much of a problem.

The events at ADAT2 are intertwined, and us Melee players have the upper hand. If there's not a whole lot of you brawl players playing melee, then us melee players won't participate for brawl (yeahyeah Vania, we're still teams.) I'm talking a huge decrease of about 100+ dollars in the brawl pot as well as the general attendance and I know how much Dan and Luke want money.

Honestly, when you see Melee players join Brawl, you know you have to do the vice versa. We're always the one bickering about the opposing games right? =P

And I mean come on, when Darren and William are going into melee, 'getting owned' as a john becomes out of the question.
I'm going to be playing Brawl. I'm going to be losing at Brawl. I'm going to be having fun hanging with people playing Brawl.

Cherry64

Smash Master
NNID
Willzasarus
Switch FC
SW-2905-1228-1895
I'ss be joining MayLay! and I'm a Brawl player lol, D-rod I can set up HBC for you at your house if you have an SD card hey buddy.

I can also help out with that at the tournament if he wants some help I'll just bring my SD card, it has everything on it to set up HBC although they will need an SD card to actually use HBC so I suggest they bring one. then I can copy pasta my sD card onto their wii's, I imagine that's how things are going down...?

Alphicans

Smash Hero
What if we made singles 15 for both events but kept doubles 10 for both events? That kind of satisfies both needs in a way. Idk :\. I am starting to think keeping it at 10 is the best idea.

DTP

L o s t - in reality~
I'ss be joining MayLay! and I'm a Brawl player lol, D-rod I can set up HBC for you at your house if you have an SD card hey buddy.

I can also help out with that at the tournament if he wants some help I'll just bring my SD card, it has everything on it to set up HBC although they will need an SD card to actually use HBC so I suggest they bring one. then I can copy pasta my sD card onto their wii's, I imagine that's how things are going down...?
Ah cool stuff, that's be awesome. I'll go buy an SD card lol

Fraser

Smash Journeyman
<- brawler entering melee

$10 entry is definitely a lot more attractive to me. in all honesty, i would probably still enter melee singles if it were $15. definitely not melee doubles for $15 though...if it were $10 i might consider doubles if i could find another partner who's in it for the lulz
I'm the same way I haven't played melee since brawl came out(except 1 friendly at YouThree) and I'm in it for Victra and the lawls. 10 is alot better for both events. Also TBlock wanna partner up for melee? Skrem was my doubles teamate but he can't make it so I'm bringing my buddy zack for brawl only(you can add him to the list Tyler/Luke)

PS can I bring my bike into the gym(that's how I'm getting there)

PPS I'm warning you TBlock I main kirby for melee and haven't played it since brawl came out :)

PPPS Victra you better be scared for our melee MM T3h Pink is commin'

KillL0ck

Smash Ace
so like what about that custom music stuff you can have on your wii? can someone do that for me? will I need an SD card to be able to activate them? I don't know anything about homebrew and stuff lol but some cool music would be kickss

T-block

B2B TST
@kosk: i'm down... $5 best of 5?
@fraser: i've played melee like 3 times since brawl came out.. so many SD's x.x
@jack: once you have homebrew, you need to load brawl through geckoOS once with the music-change codes on your SD card. after that, if you just want the custom music you can load brawl normally. if you want other codes to be applied though, you gotta load through gecko every time

Cherry64

Smash Master
NNID
Willzasarus
Switch FC
SW-2905-1228-1895
LOL well sure but I'ma get ***** sonnn!
want to make it a set? 5$ MM between me n you kosk

EDIT: yeah D-rock (sounds cooler IMO) sounds good, By me Copy pasta'ing my SD card you'll get 2 free games btw from wii points lol you just have to do some **** first to access them, but when I'm at your place I can get them to work for your wii, also you get a few textures.

x After Dawn x

Smash Master
What if we made singles 15 for both events but kept doubles 10 for both events? That kind of satisfies both needs in a way. Idk :\. I am starting to think keeping it at 10 is the best idea.
Uh...that's what I've been thinking the entire time, I never mentioned Doubles in all of this lol.

Cherry64, help me set up Homebrew at adat? I have an SD card ready, but I may need to downgrade my Wii cause it's version 3.4 or something.

Yes Fraser, you can bring your bike to the gym.

Cherry64

Smash Master
NNID
Willzasarus
Switch FC
SW-2905-1228-1895
careful guys, I got challenged because of saying that :p

EDIT: AD my SD card set is able to do it from 3.4 and on 4.0 jsut FYI. I have the Bannerbomb set up on my SD. I'm going to try it out on my sisters Wii first to see if it still lets me install and if it does then awesome if not I'll set my SD up to install HBC

if you guys want, it's your call lol

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
Jake, you're posting cause you're hoping he's gonna call you out on it eh? =D I think you'd win.

lol Yoshara, it's not a contest. Everyone and their mom is probably gonna want HBC so Will taking some off your hands shouldn't be a big deal.

~Firefly~

Smash Hero
Heh, if I were to accept a MM, it would only be because everybody else is doing it (and partially because I know Ganon doesn't do well against Yoshi). I'd still probably get wrecked, but Yoshi vs. Ganon sounds like a lot of fun. I've never done a MM before because I always think I'll lose. Depends on how confident I am when ADAT rolls around.

Speaking of which, is anybody hosting Brawl ever? After Sou Kawaii, a few people were talking about hosting, but nothing seems to be happening. At this rate, I'm going to be horribly out of shape by next Saturday. =[

PS: If anybody does host, could it not be this Saturday?

...Please? D=

:005:

Top Bottom