• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ADAT2 Western Regional Championship 2009! :: July 24-25 :: Edmonton, AB, Canada!

Cherry64

Smash Master
NNID
Willzasarus
Switch FC
SW-2905-1228-1895
Haha I had originally asked if you wanted help :p
if you do then I'm up for it, but if you don't then giver, but I'll be around so you can ask me for some help if you want to take a break or something.

HOLY **** GUYS NO UPDATE FREAKIN WII
4.1 was just released, I got a message on my wii message board from nintendo, by the sounds of things it removes hacks.

"Because unautherized mod's to save files may impair game play or the wii console, updating to wii menu 4.1 will also check for and automatically remove such save files"

The_Game

Smash Apprentice
I'm probz not even coming on day two if it's up in price. If I do I wouldnt enter anything LOL

Alphicans

Smash Hero
So much controversy over 5 bucks. I see no problem with 15, but I guess since so many people are whining over the 15 it just doesn't seem right to make it 15 for the out of province people.

Ermine

Smash Ace
I'm entering everything (I think). I can't enter Brawl doubles if Levi doesn't. I can't enter Melee doubles if I don't have a partner (I dunno if Alex has one yet or something). But both singles, I probably should.

Edit: I know that wasn't for me, but I felt like talking anyways.

Snake6523

Smash Ace
LOL luke you want Vania there pretty bad eh? It's k, I think you two would be a cute couple. :3

Yeah Connor, Matt offered to use his van. Everyhing is set. Scott and Matt are probably the most excited out of all of us hehehe
Luke is a white supremecist, wouldnt work

lol, are all brawl players gnna be entering melee? or like most of them? anyways, from what it seems, keeping it at $10 is best, its not like we wont go cuz we save extra $5 on tourney fees. durr.

edit: oh wrong account, this is cowear :)
Cowear<3

IMPORTANT POST, EVERYONE READ

Blahblahblah
P.S. I might be in for BP on Friday. =] Also Bread deserves a red name.
You're cool.

why do you guys want the pot to be so high anyways :/

Kosk you use Ganon and Wolf right?
Because they want to win more money. Plain and simple. And they can afford to.

bc =/= tony and john. me daltsy and tim are still coming, possibly sion and francis and yakal as well
<3 You guys are cool.

$15 singles plz
more incentive for out of towners
More like, more incentive for you to win MORE MONEY.

oh come on you guys. You guys have to join Melee. ):

I've said it before time and time again but I'm joining Brawl, and I know a lot of us RD guys are joining as well just for the heck of it. Why are you brawl players so mehmeh about this? If you guys realize that if a lot of you guys play, you'll be playing with each other making it more even anyways in the end. And if you didn't know already, some of us never touched brawl since adat1/it's release (Connor, Scott, Brad) but we're still playing. Why? To share the experience, and to see how far we can get in a game we don't play. We don't like the game, but those reasons are enough to attend. I'm glad to hear that Mike Wong and Vania are attending melee, and they don't even play. I just wonder why some of you who actually do know how to play melee won't attend. (Jack, Mark, Brandon) Is it because you guys are scurred of getting owned? If enough of you guys join, that shouldn't be too much of a problem.

The events at ADAT2 are intertwined, and us Melee players have the upper hand. If there's not a whole lot of you brawl players playing melee, then us melee players won't participate for brawl (yeahyeah Vania, we're still teams.) I'm talking a huge decrease of about 100+ dollars in the brawl pot as well as the general attendance and I know how much Dan and Luke want money.

Honestly, when you see Melee players join Brawl, you know you have to do the vice versa. We're always the one bickering about the opposing games right? =P

And I mean come on, when Darren and William are going into melee, 'getting owned' as a john becomes out of the question.
Basically, I (and I hope most people sympathize with me) play these games for fun, and am willing to open up to play the other games for fun, but frankly, the more it costs, the harder it is to let loose and have fun. And I have $0 still, I am still worried about affording this.

What if we made singles 15 for both events but kept doubles 10 for both events? That kind of satisfies both needs in a way. Idk :\. I am starting to think keeping it at 10 is the best idea.
Thats always how it was, The thing is, the only people (for the most part) who want the price to be hgiher are the players who can pretty much gaurantee a pot placement, and I presonally see it as a little greedy, I know Carl and Dieslow are good people, but seriously, you can live with Less money guys. =]

no </3 for the out of towners =[
=] I love you, but I would ratehr enter the tournament myself than have to quit because you said you'd only come if it costed more.

So much controversy over 5 bucks. I see no problem with 15, but I guess since so many people are whining over the 15 it just doesn't seem right to make it 15 for the out of province people.
I know it's only $5, but still, it goes a long ways.

What everyone who wants it to be more should do, is follow Kosk's method, MM everyone, and I mean EVERYONE

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
For sure I'm entering Melee Doubles. I'll see how I feel about Singles. Who knows.

It's also common knowledge that friendlies are to be had everywhere too. Even if you have money, it's for the experience, sure, but why pay for something you don't seriously intend to pursue or feel you could do well in? That's my thing, really. Doesn't have to do with what game it is. I focus on Brawl.

And I honestly do play Melee rarely, but not even for the lulz anymore. It was a fun game when I played it, still is, and I'll see how far I can take my Link and whomever when I play. Brawl's my game, and Melee's gonna be my test in a way, I feel.

Also, $15 per event of Singles doesn't sound bad now that Doubles is only $10 per person and all. I'm down for that.

zeriph

Smash Journeyman
I have no problem with the entry fee either way.

Koskinator: 2 $5 mm's Bo3, Ganon vs ROB and Ganon vs Kirby. You down?
Also, we still teaming if Kingace doesn't come? (Even if he does, I'm pretty sure he's teaming with Doc, in which case gg everybody)

x After Dawn x

Smash Master
i'm coming to this guys, anyone in need of a melee double partner? plz ;d
I am! Nice to hear you're coming. =]

Luke, can I come over tomorrow? We also need to go shopping for sticky name tags and maybe drinks as well.

Also everybody, I was thinking we could make a $20 door prize part of tradition, to pay homage for ADAT1's door prize. Anybody who shows up on either Day 1 or 2 will be randomly selected (by Brad, I suppose) to win it.

Alphicans

Smash Hero
Pkm I'll team with you... LOL. Actually I am not that bad, people just probably think I suck now that I play brawl mostly. But you're definitely wayy better than me.

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
hotel info in the area plz.

ALSO, Matt's a little stingy about a hotel room so can like, Me, Matt, Andrew, and Tony stay with you dmk?

Cherry64

Smash Master
NNID
Willzasarus
Switch FC
SW-2905-1228-1895
Yeah I'll prolly be in for everything :p Defs melee dubs prolly singles if it's 10$ maaaybe but prolly yes even if it's 15, but I like actually really suck at melee so it'd be liek giving away 15 bucks :\
10 I'd be fine with leaving behind 15 is almost 20 and that's how much I made in tips tonight :( so slooow! so yeah lol

Alphicans

Smash Hero
Wow >_>.

Uhh we were kinda thinking that if we dropped low tier all together that maybe 15 singles would be possible since you won't be spending on low tier at all anymore. Personally I don't like the idea, but I can see where Tyler is coming from with this one, however I can already see what the general response will be.

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
lol Luke, I already told you. Just keep it 10, the only people who want 15 are those greedy jerks who know they're going to win. (teehee). Ten ten ten ten ten ten.

10ten's.

I kinda wanna do Falcon only, cause we did Low Tier at cast4. :/

x After Dawn x

Smash Master
I was thinking, if we drop low tier, you guys can use that money for singles, and we would be able to do best of 3 pools (instead of single match pools), best of 5 semi-finals (instead of best of 3), and not only would the pot be bigger but the BC guys could come too. I dunno, it's up to you guys, you could always do low tier MMs instead.

Victor no, not enough time in the Melee day and that's useless in brawl cause people will play Falcon in low tier anyway.

Cherry64

Smash Master
NNID
Willzasarus
Switch FC
SW-2905-1228-1895
Hmmm, actually I'd be cool with that. the melee no low tier thing, but that's just me a brawl player so don't heed my words. heed the people's whom main i slow tier as F***! them's the ones that's gunna yell

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
ok well how about we do that, but then falcon only for pride and honor. For melee anyways.

Actually no. I want low tier seperate.

JUST KEEP IT AT 10. my god. There was only Dieslow and Carl complaining about 15 anyways.

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
I'm not forcing anyone Tyler. I was asking. Note my request for hotel information and the fact that I asked dmk.

Honestly Tyler, do you ever read before you post, or even think? Man, why did I remove you from my ignore list? Oh yeah to read the OP.

Uhm dmk, andrew is my brother. I think you met hit at sk2. Matt and tony are 2 red deer guys obv.

As many nights as you'll offer. We are kind imposing afterall xD

DMK.

Smash Journeyman
So basically I would be housing the entire red deer group?

Also, I am limiting Thurs. night to Connor and Zac only. I won't host more till Friday night because my folks don't leave until Friday.

Sraigux

Smash Journeyman
I like low tier, it adds a new edge to the competition! Removing it would just be silly as it forces a player to react differently than playing with a character that they are used to that is good.

And 10 is the right amount for the tourney, only a couple of people complained about it being 15 and it's not like this is going to be a super intense tourney.

x After Dawn x

Smash Master
I'm not forcing anyone Tyler. I was asking. Note my request for hotel information and the fact that I asked dmk.

Honestly Tyler, do you ever read before you post, or even think? Man, why did I remove you from my ignore list? Oh yeah to read the OP.

Uhm dmk, andrew is my brother. I think you met hit at sk2. Matt and tony are 2 red deer guys obv.

As many nights as you'll offer. We are kind imposing afterall xD
I said force because I don't want him to feel bad and end up housing too many people cause one of your friends doesn't feel like staying in a hotel. Try to understand MY posts before you post, honestly I'd rather not crowd DMK and get somebody from BC housed.

Also, I've already said twice in this thread to ask Luke for hotel info, at least ask him over MSN instead of just assuming there are no hotels around.

Top Bottom