• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Active Player Thread: Ones who does not have Triforce can't go in

KenniSpam!

Smash Master
FFFFUUUUU another almost win at today's tourney vs. Sago

game 1 i won sheik vs mk on sv
game 2 i lost last hit mk dittos on frigate
game 3 i barely got him to his last stock on bf sheik vs mk ;[

if only i won that ditto LOL

But game 1. The mk matchup is at least possible.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Easily. Meta Knight doesn't come close to being on the list of really bad matchups for Sheik.

Are you actually starting to take this game seriously, now?

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
Yes, my opinion is that it can happen (for game 1 or a conservative stagelist at least), but it requires some really smart play lol.

btw I might be getting a vid of my sheik up from tournament, critique if you want.

-Mars-

Smash Hero
Yes, my opinion is that it can happen (for game 1 or a conservative stagelist at least), but it requires some really smart play lol.

btw I might be getting a vid of my sheik up from tournament, critique if you want.
Meh. In any set if you win game 1 it honestly doesn't matter how conservative the stage list is.

Also I have a pocket MK now. Those things are pretty sweet. No more worrying about stupid Delfino.

Judo777

Smash Master
Don't you know? In order to be a top level player you have to have a pocket MK. I have a pocket Snake, thats probably whats holding me back lol

-Mars-

Smash Hero
Lol. The best part about it is your opponents reaction after you know what they were thinking.

Opponent: "O it's Marz hehe he won game 1 but I know he only plays Sheik so I can get a free win right now

I counterpick Brinstar"

Me: "Switching to MK"

THe look on their face. LOL.

My MK is pretty bad though and i'm terrible at the ditto so I don't think i'll fall into the MK trap of starting to use him more and more lol.

swordgard

Smash Hero
Easily. Meta Knight doesn't come close to being on the list of really bad matchups for Sheik.

Are you actually starting to take this game seriously, now?
Who are Sheiks worst matchups? Also anybody has a link to the lastest frame data on sheik/if possible hitbubbles/% per move?

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Ice Climbers, Pikachu, Kirby.

Meta Knight, Lucario, and G&W are bad matchups, but not retardedly so like ICs/Pika/Kirby are.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
playing brawl for the first time in a while and getting off lol. im better than before. melee spacing jutsu are too good, apply to all fighters

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
How the **** am I supposed to fight Toon Link? Quivo pooped on me. I felt like I couldn't do anything.

Melee spacing helps Brawl Sheik. Yes. <3

iLight

Smash Lord
don't fight toonlink on lylat cruise, the changing angles make it too hard to get to him, fighting toonlink when there are static platforms however seems much more viable, alo maybe this is more a job for shelda, and you won't often hear me say that

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
How the **** am I supposed to fight Toon Link? Quivo pooped on me. I felt like I couldn't do anything.

Melee spacing helps Brawl Sheik. Yes. <3
Running is tempting, but running even with a dash as short as sheik's will sometimes make you take unnecessary damage. Use your walk more, it's still really fast. Empty hops help if you're trying to figure out TL's patterns since you can AD still and retain a lot of your options, watch out for bombs and vertical killers, sheik is susceptible to getting juggled a lot in the MU.

Look at boomerang, if you play the MU enough, you can get some good punishment since a lot of TL's love this tool, it's not so good in this MU since Sheik's gonna stay grounded a lot and it has enough lag to punish b/c of sheik's great punishing options.

QUIVO

Smash Master
Get the percent lead.

Run away and needle.
Now shield all the projectiles and avoid zair/aerial traps.
Don't let me frustrate you, you have to frustrate me by being even gayer.
TL's jumping patterns are important. That's when you punish. If he doesn't have a bomb, he'll generally double jump and you can uair. Sheik is fast enough.

-Ominous-

Smash Journeyman
Hey, can anyone tell me what to do against Pit? I played a pit player earlier with my Sheik and lost terribly.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
You probably want to try to win when you play against Pit.

For specifics, give us details on what you're having trouble with.

-Ominous-

Smash Journeyman
You probably want to try to win when you play against Pit.

For specifics, give us details on what you're having trouble with.
Yeah, I tried that, but it didn't work.

Well, I think the Pit player plays differently from a regular Pit, though I don't know really. I haven't played many other Pits.

So my friend's Pit is very patient and defensive. He'll make me approach with his arrows, which also don't allow me to get my needles ready. And when I do get close to him, he'll just use his smashes, which seem unpunishable. If I shield them I just get hit too far away to retaliate quick enough, and he'll just spot-dodge and do a dsmash. Is Pit's Dsmash faster at coming out than Sheik's? Becuase I wasn't able to hit him with mine.

By the way, I only recently started with Sheik, just so you know.

Judo777

Smash Master
Yeah, I tried that, but it didn't work.

Well, I think the Pit player plays differently from a regular Pit, though I don't know really. I haven't played many other Pits.

So my friend's Pit is very patient and defensive. He'll make me approach with his arrows, which also don't allow me to get my needles ready. And when I do get close to him, he'll just use his smashes, which seem unpunishable. If I shield them I just get hit too far away to retaliate quick enough, and he'll just spot-dodge and do a dsmash. Is Pit's Dsmash faster at coming out than Sheik's? Becuase I wasn't able to hit him with mine.

By the way, I only recently started with Sheik, just so you know.
Very old strategy newer pits use. Firstly no his dsmash isn't faster than yours. Sheik has the fastest dsmash in the game (tied with 3 other characters). Walk forward and shield is arrows. Once you get close use ftilt and jab up in his face. They jab outspeeds all his stuff and ftilt can rack damage. All of ur attacks clank with pits so he can't just stuff ur attacks with smashes.

-Ominous-

Smash Journeyman
Very old strategy newer pits use. Firstly no his dsmash isn't faster than yours. Sheik has the fastest dsmash in the game (tied with 3 other characters). Walk forward and shield is arrows. Once you get close use ftilt and jab up in his face. They jab outspeeds all his stuff and ftilt can rack damage. All of ur attacks clank with pits so he can't just stuff ur attacks with smashes.
Pit was his main when the game first came out, but then he started using Pikachu, but now he's starting to use Pit again, so maybe that's why he plays this way.

Okay, thanks, I was having issues pulling out tilts on him. And I'm used to coming in from the air because I use G&W. Yeah, Bair/Nair don't really work the same way with Sheik though. What are some other ways of approaching? At least, for those that cause me to approach. I usually try to make them approach when I use Sheik. Is that ok?

And I was sure my Dsmash was faster, maybe I was just lagging from something I had done previous to the smash. I was confused when he hit me. Edit: Oh, and who's the third one? I know Marth is one.

Judo777

Smash Master
Pit was his main when the game first came out, but then he started using Pikachu, but now he's starting to use Pit again, so maybe that's why he plays this way.

Okay, thanks, I was having issues pulling out tilts on him. And I'm used to coming in from the air because I use G&W. Yeah, Bair/Nair don't really work the same way with Sheik though. What are some other ways of approaching? At least, for those that cause me to approach. I usually try to make them approach when I use Sheik. Is that ok?

And I was sure my Dsmash was faster, maybe I was just lagging from something I had done previous to the smash. I was confused when he hit me. Edit: Oh, and who's the third one? I know Marth is one.
Nope not marth. Sheik, Zelda, Rob, and Metaknight all have frame 4 dsmashes which is unrivaled for smashes.

-Ominous-

Smash Journeyman
Hmm...I thought I heard that Marth was one of them. Maybe I'm just crazy.

So back to my other post. What other ways of approaching are there for Sheik? Other than what you've said to do to the Pit player. Or should you just make them approach?

Judo777

Smash Master
Hmm...I thought I heard that Marth was one of them. Maybe I'm just crazy.

So back to my other post. What other ways of approaching are there for Sheik? Other than what you've said to do to the Pit player. Or should you just make them approach?
If you can always try and make them approach. But if you must. Sheik has the best shield dash in the game. Dashing into your shield is a fairly safe way of approaching and sheik does it the best so learn to use it. Use your speed to close distance then if you suspect a horizontal spacing move you can jump over and try an aerial (bair is the safest typically although if ur gonna land right on em nair is the safest) or you can just empty hop right into them. Also walking is what gives you the most option. So if you don't think you need your speed at that moment walking is often best. Just remember that when you walk its hard to really mix up cause your moving slower.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
Nope not marth. Sheik, Zelda, Rob, and Metaknight all have frame 4 dsmashes which is unrivaled for smashes.
Wait, wat?

If you're reading this from PSA/OSA, you know that you have to add an extra frame onto each attack at least, right? (because the game takes an extra frame to read your input)
iirc ROB, MK, and now that I think about it, pretty much all of that list has frame 5 dsmash, Marth included.

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
Mario's down smash is as fast as Metaknight's, btw.

Also, thanks for the TL help guys. I'll keep it in mind as I practice the MU in the future.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
I thought zelda's d-smash was faster than that
Yes, my bad, I was thinking of Zelda's dtilt, which is frame 5.

MK's for sure is frame 5 though.

Dammit, I was wrong on ROB's as well.

But yeah, Marth's and MK's are both frame 5

Zelda and ROB's are frame 4 :p

Top Bottom