• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Active Player Thread: Ones who does not have Triforce can't go in

Levitas

the moon
This land is your land, this land is my land
From California, to the New York Island
From the redwood forest, to the gulf stream waters
This land was made for you and me

This thread was your thread, now it is my thread
ha ha ha ha ha, ha ha ha ha ha ha
I took it over, now it is mine
This thread belongs to only me

Charoo

Smash Champion
haha, I bet after awhile if you did have this as your wallpaper you wouldn't even see the numbers anymore and wait until I get at least top tier done champ ~_^

Speaking in how to learn theses numbers a whiles back I posted a color coded grouping of all the characters. It shows 5 frame advantage, 10 frame advantage and the cap for fresh ftilt. Although the chart I posted wasn't perfect due to my human error (I messed up olimar, luigi, ivysaur, and pikachu numbers it seems.... but it was 4am and I did it fairly quickly) it does foreshadow that grouping of characters is very possible and for doing so you will only have like a 2 percentage difference between them at the most.

If this pattern continues even in decay then realistically you would only need to learn 8 set of numbers plus Bowser who's so fat he's in his own tier instead of 39 set's.
freaking bowser. I'll just use fox on bowser then since fair = 23% on bowser everytime with no punishment hehe.

Maybe you can create an equation for this whole thing too. Sounds like there's a pattern

We should brawl more. Let me know what upcoming tournaments you are going to. I should be going to Race's tournament on Saturday, and hopefully ACTIVE on Sunday.

I also left you a message.
That sounds fun. I don't know when my next tourney will be though. I kinda stop playing since feb. and only been to like 3 tourney since then (active1, genesis, and dao's). The last one I went to was only because Jmex promise me that he had kfc coupon (2 piece and a biscuit for 99 cent woot) =)

if I see u again we'll play though.

keeeeheheeeeheeeeheeheeehehehehehheeeeeeeee

arakune astral finish is amazing

what the numbers mean LOL

is this for ftilt comboing or something?

-Mars-

Smash Hero
Tristan, feel free to create a thread with this chart. Lol seriously you should put up a seperate thread so we can discuss it further......or just link it to your other ftilt setups thread or something.

Tristan_win

Not dead.
Tristan, feel free to create a thread with this chart. Lol seriously you should put up a seperate thread so we can discuss it further......or just link it to your other ftilt setups thread or something.
I rather not make a thread on something so hypothetical and I would post it in my ftilt setups thread but no one ever post there so I wouldn't be getting any input ='( Although I might now after saying that since it might spawn some attention

Once I get the chance/I'm bored enough I'll organize Jigglypuff and Squirtle complete frame advantage data and compare the two. They are in the smallest group besides bowser so if the pattern continues then I'll have some support for my theory.

East

Crappy Imitation
Doing Tricks in a Mansion Location: Tokyo, JP
arakune astral finish is amazing
What are you talking about?! He just turns into an eye and moves across the screen! Now Ragna.... that's an astral finish. Bang's isn't bad either. "I will become the Hammer of Justice" *Stabs you with nail.*

If only Sheik could deal "real SOVIET DAMAGE!!!".... *sigh*

I guess American damage ain't so bad...

Charoo

Smash Champion
Exactly! You're a freaking eye floating around and they are trying their best to avoid you. It's so awesome haha

Tristan_win

Not dead.
meh, I just organized the data for squirtle and jigglypuff and after giving it a look over it seems that in the early levels of decay yes the numbers are very similar but as you gain greater decay the range between them raise slowly until the difference is as much as 5.

...However, to use the ftilt into usmash combo you will almost never go beyond a decay of 0.73 (that's using 4 ftilts in a row) without a tilt lock of some kind, luckily sheik can kill most of the cast even with correct di below the 0.73. I'm not 100% sure about such characters like Snake, King Dedede, and Dk since their DI abilities to live is unknown to me although the peak damage I've seen a DK live from a usmash was 116% which is in the 0.73 decay range.

edit: Just letting you guys know the difference at 0.73 is 4 but once again that's only in the higher levels of decays and only in the higher percents. Even at .46 decay (max possible decay for a move) the numbers are fairly similar until we got near ftilt into usmash combo range :ohwell:

"Near" as in 3 frames of advantage off from it being actually possible.

saviorslegacy

My avater is not a Sheik avatar.
Hey Sheik mains. The Sonic boards are having a discussion on whether Sonic is better then certain characters and we're re discussing Sheik. This is NOT a match up thread. I would be grateful if you could help out :D

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=226950
I sent a PM and decided to check in here. I quickly browsed to see if there where any glitches and such. I then noticed this post. "Bull ****" is all I have to say. I already tried to explain but I saw people with all mouth and no ears.

Bottom line, Sonic deserves to be mid tier. You cannot which character is better when they are still advancing as rapidly as they are. In the current, I see Sheik wins just cuz she can camp people and not be camped. Sonic can only turn tail and run.

Chis

Finally a legend
NNID
ArcadianPirate
The Sheik metagame is advancing rapidly? I know Sonic's metagame is not. You can discuss how characters are better then each other, it's fight game standard.

Charoo

Smash Champion
meh, I just organized the data for squirtle and jigglypuff and after giving it a look over it seems that in the early levels of decay yes the numbers are very similar but as you gain greater decay the range between them raise slowly until the difference is as much as 5.

...However, to use the ftilt into usmash combo you will almost never go beyond a decay of 0.73 (that's using 4 ftilts in a row) without a tilt lock of some kind, luckily sheik can kill most of the cast even with correct di below the 0.73. I'm not 100% sure about such characters like Snake, King Dedede, and Dk since their DI abilities to live is unknown to me although the peak damage I've seen a DK live from a usmash was 116% which is in the 0.73 decay range.

edit: Just letting you guys know the difference at 0.73 is 4 but once again that's only in the higher levels of decays and only in the higher percents. Even at .46 decay (max possible decay for a move) the numbers are fairly similar until we got near ftilt into usmash combo range :ohwell:

"Near" as in 3 frames of advantage off from it being actually possible.
in your opinion what do u think is the best way to decay the ftilt to what u need?

gm jack

Smash Lord
Use it generously in Ftilt locks/setups through the match and it should be pretty close almost all the time. If you have used it too much, you just have to use it a few more times to set them up properly.

Tristan_win

Not dead.
in your opinion what do u think is the best way to decay the ftilt to what u need?
The absolute best way?

Easy, counter picking Luigi's Mansion and ftilting the pillars to your desire decay. Even though Luigi's Mansion requires a good 11+ percentage for the usmash to kill from what it normal does because we can control are decay with such ease on that stage we can easily be doing True combos even on the lightest characters in the game to 110's. On someone like snake though that can expend into as high as the 140's.

This is part of the reason why I see Luigi's Mansion being one of sheik's best stages among with how easy the chain can zone people on that stage when the solid part of the 2nd floor above her and after talking to Savor briefly on the subject the ftilt into footstool combos are also more possible on that stage because the solid 2nd floor halt sheik high footstool jump which allows her to follow up with a bair or nair easier and quicker which in turn means ftilt into foot stool combos do work, even on meta knight.

Although to be honest that last bit I'm taking his word on, I have yet to test it myself.

East

Crappy Imitation
Either play an ftilt centric game or unstale it completely and use it. This cuts down on the amount of numbers you have to remember. You just have to know either percents at full decay or percents and no decay.

Personally I prefer unstaled, because you just have to keep in mind "I haven't used the ftilt in some time, so it should be unstaled." Then again ftilt is an amazing way to build damage so not using it to simply not stale it is not a great idea.

_________________​

Up above while I was writing that I found myself torn between each of those types of play and realized that both are probably bad mindsets. Wouldn't it be more fruitful to find out the decay and percent numbers to upsmash or whatever for when the ftilt took up the latest 4 slots in the decay queue [0.34 decay if I'm not mistaken. Means the ftilt would be at 71% of it's base power.] That way you already factor in that you've done the ftilt a little bit, and can set up to the upsmash. Of course, figuring out these numbers could be painstakingly hard, but the amount of work needed should be negligible if the payout is much more rewarding.

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
I've been liking halbred for sheik as of late... kill even faster with usmash and it turns into the perect camp stage with the perfect sheik plat.

Tristan_win

Not dead.
Either play an ftilt centric game or unstale it completely and use it. This cuts down on the amount of numbers you have to remember. You just have to know either percents at full decay or percents and no decay.

Personally I prefer unstaled, because you just have to keep in mind "I haven't used the ftilt in some time, so it should be unstaled." Then again ftilt is an amazing way to build damage so not using it to simply not stale it is not a great idea.

_________________​

Up above while I was writing that I found myself torn between each of those types of play and realized that both are probably bad mindsets. Wouldn't it be more fruitful to find out the decay and percent numbers to upsmash or whatever for when the ftilt took up the latest 4 slots in the decay queue [0.34 decay if I'm not mistaken. Means the ftilt would be at 71% of it's base power.] That way you already factor in that you've done the ftilt a little bit, and can set up to the upsmash. Of course, figuring out these numbers could be painstakingly hard, but the amount of work needed should be negligible if the payout is much more rewarding.
The dilemma you just spoke of is part of the reason why I love sheik and hate her, she has too many options

Also figure out the decay and percents numbers to up smash is exactly what I've been doing at this time.

edit: was stuck at the DMV today so I added diddy.

http://i32.tinypic.com/x45f8z.jpg

Edit2: Oh wow, I have manage to combine my two greatest works into a chart. The sexiness of this link is just too great.... Sadly the information on this is not 100% correct since it's based on only a few characters studies plus from what I've seen from gameplay.

Once again this chart is not 100% correct and clearly not in it's final format but even so I doubt it's too far from the real thing...

http://i26.tinypic.com/14e2hqf.jpg

#HBC | Scary

Hype Incarnate
NNID
ScaryLB59
Went to a tournament today. My best placing in a while.

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=236947

4th out of 13 I think. A lot of people were there but didn't want to enter.

Lost to Seibrik (MK) 2-0
I messed up a lot in the 2nd match. A LOT!
Lost to ESAM (Pika/DK) 2-0
No johns but I blame Brinstar a little bit. It's all good though

I could use a little advice when it comes to not getting gimped against MK. Seibrik just answered everything I could do.

@Tristan: I can't wait till that chart is done. It's coming along so well!

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
grats! A tourney that gets up results... pretty awesome. How much zelda?

EDIT:
Yeah seibrik is beast... he is one of the few patient metas, lol so if you are off stage with him (or any meta) don't try and wait, but at the same time don't force you don't want to get hit out of your jump away from the stage. Most the the time that means recovering high. Up B early to avoid gimps and confrontation, but keep an eye out for shuttle loop unless he'll die from it, try and reappear in a way such that when you get punished it will be either deeper into the stage or straight up.

If that isn't an option use the invulnerability of upB.and aim to land if meta can back it to the edge before you.

Where'd you counter to versus seibrik?

I lost to a DK on brinstar to at our last mutual gigs... he is purty crazy there... kills so low :/
Yeah over all that isn't the best sheik stage you can't camp which means you have to approach which means... you'll be getting punished a majority of the time, espeacially with the slanty plats screwing up spacing... FD is probablly sheik's best CP. as of late I'm enjoying Halbred as well since you have an even wider window for ftilt->usmash.

#HBC | Scary

Hype Incarnate
NNID
ScaryLB59
Welp, he banned FD and to my knowledge, I think I took him to SV. Nothing out of the ordinary, but I just made a lot of mistakes. When I can stage on stage with him I feel like I can win, really I do, and for some reason I feel like I'm getting the GR-DACUS off with no problem. Off stage is where he's been murdering me, which always makes things an uphill battle.

Halberd is always a nice option.

I went Zelda quite a bit, and all Zelda against ESAM in game 1, Sheik in game 2 and I got beat up since I was aggro Ed. SD'ed at 0% doing vanish glide; forgot the stage sucked lol. Oh well, simple mistake.

Ochobobo

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1075-1052-5472
SCOTU was right, this is hilarious after seein Susa change its title so many times. lol

Also congrats, ScaryLB59

Charoo

Smash Champion
i got 7 or 9th today at this big socal tourney.

I finally can fight marth now and i gimp them (one on each marth).

Lost to Havok and MogX. Kirby is so annoying when they air camp and play like MogX. You can ask any1 here haha

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
How do ICs hard counter shiek? I don't have large issues in the match up. But that seems to be a running trend, me seeing matches very differently than most other sheik mains.

Also! ROB. I'm have difficulties with him and I can't understand why.

Charoo

Smash Champion
**** it Champ, I wanted to friendly you sooooo badly.

haha I rarely ever play friendly unless people ask me to. Next time jsut come up and ask. I saw u there but I was playing blazblue when I'm not in a tourney match.

I finally play Blazblue for the first time and dang that game is fun and awesome looking!

Tristan_win

Not dead.
How do ICs hard counter shiek? I don't have large issues in the match up. But that seems to be a running trend, me seeing matches very differently than most other sheik mains.

Also! ROB. I'm have difficulties with him and I can't understand why.

<3 I've been in the "don't see match ups like everyone else" club for a long time, this is why I don't take part in the debate or if I do I usually point out something **** that no one have yet to brought up yet...which doesn't happen much anymore >_<

About ROB though he isn't very tough you most likely don't have that much experience fighting him after all he is one of those characters that you do have to learn how to fight well if you want to beat.

... Like Ice climbers, if you know the to do's and not to do's the match up become much easier although posting videos would be nice and allow people who have a better idea what they are talking about to give you advice.

I'm just a Smash fanatic who just seems to like to collect numbers on charts, that is until I go to another tournament.

And on that note my latest, greatest, mind blowing, too big for tinypic and photo bucket to handle, and yet easy to make chart is finished.

I named thy "too good"

Once again though, theses numbers aren't 100% accurate but they are fairly close if do I say myself. Come tomorrow...err today I'll test a bit to make them more accurate.

edit: as you guys can clearly see I've made a few changes but for just for laughs I'll point out the big ones >,<
~not in order of importance
1. More information in the "how to read" part
2. Expending data for meta knight with killing % with and without DI
3. Decide to not limit the highlighted areas to just when the ftilt into usmash combo will work.

East

Crappy Imitation
Just got back from HERB 2.

64 Entrants for Singles

Not a lot of time

8 pools

Top 2 advance [Which meant only a 16 man bracket]

Even less time

If you lost 2 sets they asked you to not play anymore cause it wouldn't matter anyways

M2k was in my pool

: (

First friendly I played. HRNut from FL ****ed me up with Marth. Like it wasn't even close or anywhere near. I think I gave him about 70 damage if that the entire match he 3 stocked me.

I played a **** ton of friendlies and got some critiques from better players.

I have like a video or two, but I'll have to find the guys who recorded it.

M2k taught me grab release tricks during our pools match, lol.

Met Crossjeremiah. He is too legit. This guy needs more cred.

Lost most of my matches

Gave up on life.

Maybe learned some stuff

Commentated on the live stream. Clowsui, I was up there when you were asking about sheik videos, and right before yahyuzz started singing "Like a Boss" from memory...

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
HRnut is too good. Sheild broke me twice in one match first time I played him, lol. He is just areally smart. I learned a lot about the snake and meta match ups from him. I haven't played his marth in a while though.

I didn't even know herb was this weekend or I would have got it off an tried to go up with central FL...

Top Bottom