• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Active Player Thread: Ones who does not have Triforce can't go in

East

Crappy Imitation
Doing Tricks in a Mansion Location: Tokyo, JP
HRnut is too good. Sheild broke me twice in one match first time I played him, lol. He is just areally smart. I learned a lot about the snake and meta match ups from him. I haven't played his marth in a while though.

I didn't even know herb was this weekend or I would have got it off an tried to go up with central FL...
It's weird, cause in friendlies, he plays amazing. When it came time to do the brackets though, if he didn't have someone there supporting him, he just crumbled. He went Snake once and screwed up pretty hard which sent him to losers. Though some stroke of fate, he ended up having to play GDX in losers and won. When Crossjeremiah played him, he would be doing great as sheik, but HRNut would always get a fthrow, fthrow, tippered fsmash or downspike on him and be up a stock instantly.

Crossjeremiah

Smash Ace
i do have johns of why i played bad on livestream. because only i can play so much. in doubles then goto singles. i was exhausted and tired from back to back matches . from a double snake match to fighting chu and g-reg.... like right after.... it was ridiculous. now i have something i accomplished. then someone probably would want to team with me in Texas ^^.

uhmuzing

human-alien-cig
Writing Team
Sheik Boards, the Training Grounds have not, as of yet, acquired anybody who will teach Sheik. This is your chance to improve our community even further and offer representation for your character. The Grounds are doing very well, but we need more students and more teachers. Not every character is represented yet, Sheik included.

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=241698

HRNUT (Honey Roasted)

Smash Master
It's weird, cause in friendlies, he plays amazing. When it came time to do the brackets though, if he didn't have someone there supporting him, he just crumbled. He went Snake once and screwed up pretty hard which sent him to losers. Though some stroke of fate, he ended up having to play GDX in losers and won. When Crossjeremiah played him, he would be doing great as sheik, but HRNut would always get a fthrow, fthrow, tippered fsmash or downspike on him and be up a stock instantly.
lol yep you've found my weakness, i play alot worse when no one is supporting me, idk why but i just do, i like the opinions and advice from people during matches so that i can do better/play smarter. Point being it was fun as hell, east you will learn lots of stuff soon, cross jeremiah is so legit, less than 3 is too legit, thanks james for all the shiek training, your too good with her, you had me giving crossjeremiah shiek tips lol

East

Crappy Imitation
Doing Tricks in a Mansion Location: Tokyo, JP
lol yep you've found my weakness, i play alot worse when no one is supporting me, idk why but i just do, i like the opinions and advice from people during matches so that i can do better/play smarter. Point being it was fun as hell, east you will learn lots of stuff soon, cross jeremiah is so legit, less than 3 is too legit, thanks james for all the shiek training, your too good with her, you had me giving crossjeremiah shiek tips lol
You and GDX gotta come to HERB 3! Hopefully by then I'll be taking stocks, lol.

CO18

Smash Hero
Yeah, Hrnut sometimes doesnt make the smartest decisions without other people telling him otherwise XD

Even that game vs chu with marth you could've won lol dont know why you tried to off stage while he was on the ledge and hit him shouldve just been patient lol

Tristan_win

Not dead.
So... Tristan_win got a car...but he's completely booked for the next 3 Saturdays T_T

Guess who's going to be kick up into upper mid tier? If not higher

Sheik will.

stealth3654

Smash Lord
So... Tristan_win got a car...but he's completely booked for the next 3 Saturdays T_T

Guess who's going to be kick up into upper mid tier? If not higher

Sheik will.
Nice dude. Make sure that we get above Sonic in the next tier list.

Tristan_win

Not dead.
Nice dude. Make sure that we get above Sonic in the next tier list.
Why sonic? That character isn't even worth being called a stepping stone.

Ike, now that was someone we had to jump over and prove that we aren't as bad as people were making sheik out to be but sonic please, he's more like a toll both then some type of hurdle we must over come.

"You must have at least five tournament attendants who use "characters name" who don't suck to advance."

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
lol, then all my mini tourneys do count?

There is a tourney friday. hoping HR comes so I can wreck his snake, meta, and marth too. hahaha. Everyone in this area is at least pretty good, and of them there are a lot of really beastly people.

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
I acatually have some vids of my matches versus his pit in winners semis. I made the mistake of sheilding his fsmash one too many times...

I'll start getting them up on the tube... now...

SuSa

Banned via Administration
So out of boredom and the fact my sheik is trash online, I'll be using her the entire next AiB ladder. Since this game actually takes no skill to remain good with a character (I took a 3 month break of playing, I came back and I was better simply off theorycrafting. :| ) I can still main Snake offline.

Although I've been thinking of turning to Sheik...

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
cool cats play sheik...

vids up~
youtube.com/lessthanpi

HT beating me in tourney with chars he barely plays. Those are a month or two old. was too lazy to post them till now. I'm also uploading me verus nexus as well...

-Mars-

Smash Hero
You know what I was just thinking? Why does <3 get no love when we talk about top Sheik players? I was looking at some of his vids for the firt time and I was impressed. Plays a little too agressive at times and gets grabbed a lot but he really knows his stuff and you can tell that he has his own unique playstyle for his Sheik and invested a lot of hours into his Sheik. Not to mention that he's playing good players all of the time. Not to meatride or anything cuz threes my bud just wanted to bring that up. Only Sheik I think is a level above <3 is obviously Armada. When it comes to everyone else though.....<3 is right there.

Anyways, this thread has now officially become the Florida Thread:)

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
Thanks Marsulas.
I'm working hard to keep my getting my sheik stronger and stronger so that I can compete with top level metas and the like. I do want to be one of the best in the nation, someone acknowledging that I am a strong player is an amazing motivator.

Veggi

Smash Champion
Thanks Marsulas.
I'm working hard to keep my getting my sheik stronger and stronger so that I can compete with top level metas and the like. I do want to be one of the best in the nation, someone acknowledging that I am a strong player is an amazing motivator.
That would explain why I kept getting beaten by someone I've never heard of before. I was just thinking "how are average players so amazing", then I come here and notice you are just underrated.

To be honest, I'm not sure if I'm talking to the right person. You were the Shiek player I was playing friendlies with at Gigabits, correct?

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
Yep, It was either me or like... HRnut or CO I think I saw them playing a little Armada inspired sheik. If it was no tag or a PiCHU tag or you've never heard of the player then it was probably me.

Ed! and I are the only sheik mains in FL that I know of. But nah I'm not so random no namer. I just have a habbit of staying off of the radar it was the same with melee, lol.

Veggi

Smash Champion
Yep, It was either me or like... HRnut or CO I think I saw them playing a little Armada inspired sheik. If it was no tag or a PiCHU tag or you've never heard of the player then it was probably me.

Ed! and I are the only sheik mains in FL that I know of. But nah I'm not so random no namer. I just have a habbit of staying off of the radar it was the same with melee, lol.
Were you getting killed a lot by Mario's up b stage spike? If so, I think you are the person I played.

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
No I don't think it was me then... probablly HR? I get hit by that maybe once an event and after that I'm very careful about when I try to get on stage (You only get spiked if you are DIing into the stage)

do you remember the color? I play red shiek. And I'm a skinny black kid who wears hoddies in the hot floridian summer sun.

Honestly I don't really remember playing any marios very long... if at all last gigs. I do however play a bunch of the pretty frequently, Sensei, walnut when he played a lot, and a few people try to sub him in my crew, myself included.

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
OH.... tommyG he's a pretty well known falco, I think he just recently picked up sheik, I didn't get to play his sheik or even really see it.

#HBC | Scary

Hype Incarnate
NNID
ScaryLB59
LMAO at it becoming the FL discussion.

Me and <3 fight over use of Red Sheik; some good ol' Rock, Paper, Scissors will get the job done.

I always wonder why you font like fighting me <3? It's been a question that has been burning at me for so long lol.

Btw, are you going to FG? I can't make it. Severe money johns.

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
I'm going... I think...

I hate sheik dittos, and dittos in general really. I don't mind fighting you just not with sheik. I rather use one of my subs for that match up instead. when I play people using the same char as me I expect them to play like me so I try and punish openings I'd leave that aren't there...
I don't know...

I'm gonna place well this gigs cuz I can dacus now! bye metaknights!! I'm only worried about galuuda cuz I haven't played him yet and Seibrik... I think I can take afro and chops and CFL's top players as well. I gave CO's d3 a run for his money back in the day.

#HBC | Scary

Hype Incarnate
NNID
ScaryLB59
I despise them! How about next time we ditto, a 2 Ftilt rule is put in place? Otherwise our matches are fun. I'll just go with Zelda against Sheik if we don't use the rule lol.

You can DACUS now? Like me and all over the place????? Sweet!!!!!

I honestly think I can stand up fine against Seibrik; just have to avoid getting gimped and I'm fine. You don't have to worry about Chops anymore (moved to GA), but baby Chops (MVD) has stepped his game up big. I've only played Galuuda once and I won, but it has been a long time, so I'm not sure. CO18 is great, I played him and kept up really well with both Sheik and Zelda.

Definitely do and good luck, it might be a little bit till I can get back in the scene since I am about as financially crippled as it gets. I have to wait till my USF financial aid comes in and I'll be set again.

Top Bottom