• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Active Player Thread: Ones who does not have Triforce can't go in

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
:/

um... at marth upB
Learn your percents! there are percents where marth can upB and percents wher he can't it isn't random by any stretch. learn them so you can do things and to get punished.
Jab as far as I've tested, is percent based like ftilt is. there are percents where you can jab -> what ever for a true combo. I don't mind being proven wrong but yeah... marth should be able to upB out of jab stuff for a long time though, renki and Virg jab out of my jab cancles ->grab at lower percents but I can always sheild their jab if memory serves.

use jab more~

Izaw

Smash Ace
New set

Izaw(Sheik) vs Haze(MK) best of 7 MM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F10DOrW2FyU

My DACUS was a bit off in this set, it happens, otherwise this is probably one of the most epic sets so far that I've had, Sheik - MK can be really, really fun, fastpaced and technical. Love playing it. Feel free to discuss and ask questions considering MK. Enjoy =)

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
*doesn't visit sheik boards in several months*

Steppin it up with activity, I see. THREE WHOLE THREADS.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
So after playing D3 and DK a little more, I can safely say that dthrow is still a pretty good throw, but not in the traditional way bthrow and fthrow are for aerial chasing (that disadvantage still kills me at times, although you can still use nair sometimes for it if you really insist w/ stringing w/ it). I can't tell you how often it's helped to at low percents just walk towards their DI and ftilt/shield whatever options they throw, it's sooooo easy to react to what they're going to do, like fox's dthrow when he's going for uair (if they don't react immediately or if they jump), or running usmash (if they do react immediately)

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
dthrow utilt is practically guaranteed on the heavyweights at low percents, and a much better idea than ftilt since ftilt doesn't quite combo yet.

I'm starting to see the value in ftilt, which inadvertently is changing up my playstyle. I guess we'll see if it's for the better or worse.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
dthrow utilt is practically guaranteed on the heavyweights at low percents, and a much better idea than ftilt since ftilt doesn't quite combo yet.

I'm starting to see the value in ftilt, which inadvertently is changing up my playstyle. I guess we'll see if it's for the better or worse.
Oh yeah! "Champ combo", right? I do that sometimes too, that works really well against D3 hehe

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
I think... you are right.

Xaltis the "top 5 falco" went MK all of our games
Matt is a tampa Diddy, I'm confident I wouldn't lose to him in a set again though...

Lies
Game 1 was again Lies, a tampa wario. Game 1 was BF won that but I think it was close.
Game 2 RedHalzy coached him to SV and he CPed my sheik with rob. I think I took a solid victory off his rob though. 2 stock?

Xaltis
Game 1 was... BF? I edge hogged him and took a huge early lead after a long game I choked and lost the game high percent last hit. (took huge damage trying to recover)
Game 2 was SV. Another close game Dacus'ed for the win.
Game 3 rainbow :( I lost think it wasn't that close either.

SolidNeku
I forgot most of the set... sorry...
I won though against his kirby and rob think it was just 2 games...

Matt
Striked to FD :D I love FD versus diddy. did really well solid 1 or 2 stock don't remember.
Tampa came over and F'd up my mojo lost game 2 on SV and game 3 on BF. Matt's good though.

#HBC | Scary

Hype Incarnate
NNID
ScaryLB59
Great to see ya plating again Jimmerz!!! Sorry that you had to run into a lot of Tampa though, they know the MU, although Lies is still miserable against her.

You and Renki need to make a fest this Thursday before I head home to SFL for the summer. Please!!!!!

:phone:

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
@lies just getting him to space better commit to landing less (he is wario on any stage he should be able to get a solid landing not on the same plat level as me) got lots of free needle damage and free aerial because he used both of his jumps but not his bike. or put himself in bad spots with his bike unavailible.

and watch his spacing and aerial pokes. yeah I'm sheik but you don't need to comit to aerial if I'm gonna obviously sheild dash into them. bike reset to plats, bite instead of aerial etc.

I guess he isn't used to the ground speed? You guys didn't teach him sheik can grab release usmash on BF?

I feel way more confident in the rob match up now. just wait outside of ftilt & range poke with fair or wait out side of punish range and poke with needles. punish jump with dash in aerials or dash in sheild. bait booster with needle change animation when you suspect landings. and his aerial mobility is a JOKE bait an air dodge and you alwasy get a free free free usmash. If you can keep a top on stage under your control so he can't create new ones. shield dash into Tops if you don't have time to do this though tops stop all needles so get rid of them quickly but safely.

jab OOS wins against dsmash? spot dodge shanans?

DON'T try to attack him from in front his fair stuffs your aerials hard
DON'T get above hime uair utilt and fair ect. beats everything.

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
diddy is cake for sheik IMO... well not cake but darn close we combo him really well but he gets off on us with nana locks and I think that makes it closer to even. It isn't really stage dependant either... I just like bringing diddy's to FD because here my needles out range glide toss option by leaps and bounds and I have much better stage control, but that doesn't change much though on any other stage. also needles to punish landing is bigger on FD. It also is a big demoralizer, most diddys consider FD their best stage a win there always messes with their heads.

off stage we destroy diddy, between needles and weak nair as long as you aren't on YI you are garunteed a kill of they need upB to recover and if you are using fair to keep them off stage normally they will have to. (weak nair puts a hit box slightly under neath your hurt box) use it to beat out moves like marth's & mK's upB) weak nair has low enough knock back so that it takes advantage of Diddy's "snap I got tapped out of my upB animation" and pretty much always nets a kill regardless of percent. on most stages the barrels won't hit you or a wall near you but factor them into your thoughts.
basically ledge drop nair or FF nair when you think diddy is gonna upB reap the rewards DI the lose barrel if need be.

if nair isn't an option normally needle storm will do the same thing, and if it doesn't just repeat the process with needles until they die or to get the nair option.

that said if you control banana's (and because of your speed you can do that very well) you limit diddy down to relatively easy to punish options stay around ftilt range keep an eye out for for dash attack, and from there you can duck on reaction to monkey flip punish his whole air game ect.

when he has bananas just stay around glide toss banana range use needles to force reactions. pick up banana's and either put them on stage behind you to force the diddy to go through you to get to them or just throw them off stage so you can punish banana pulls. if thats an option.

Obviously punish landing with needles but don't forget to factor monkeyflip in as a stall/second/thrid jump. bait these/mixup with needle charge cancels if they are far enough away to use these jumps to avoid your on reaction.

i spammed the match up with Matt after my loss to him. I didn't lose a single match.

#HBC | Scary

Hype Incarnate
NNID
ScaryLB59
I'll definitely relay all this info to Lies. I've shown him all you mentioned and we've even played in a few tourneys but he still plays bad against her.

But yea, you guys making it? Please!!! You gotta!

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
I doubt it...

I'm getting married~
My time is rarely just my own any more. I have work thursday and I need to save money so paying for gas after I just spent money on a tourney isn't the wisest of idea's YOU should have come to NLL sir... renki did and he was busy winning a pokemon tourney!

#HBC | Scary

Hype Incarnate
NNID
ScaryLB59
Oh wow! Congrats to getting married and kudos to Renki on that Pokemon tourney.

I was broke, and without any income until maybe when I go home for a bit, I couldn't really do much. Are you going to be at CEO then? Haven't seen ya in ages!

iLight

Smash Lord
diddy is cake for sheik IMO... well not cake but darn close we combo him really well but he gets off on us with nana locks and I think that makes it closer to even. It isn't really stage dependant either... I just like bringing diddy's to FD because here my needles out range glide toss option by leaps and bounds and I have much better stage control, but that doesn't change much though on any other stage. also needles to punish landing is bigger on FD. It also is a big demoralizer, most diddys consider FD their best stage a win there always messes with their heads.

off stage we destroy diddy, between needles and weak nair as long as you aren't on YI you are garunteed a kill of they need upB to recover and if you are using fair to keep them off stage normally they will have to. (weak nair puts a hit box slightly under neath your hurt box) use it to beat out moves like marth's & mK's upB) weak nair has low enough knock back so that it takes advantage of Diddy's "snap I got tapped out of my upB animation" and pretty much always nets a kill regardless of percent. on most stages the barrels won't hit you or a wall near you but factor them into your thoughts.
basically ledge drop nair or FF nair when you think diddy is gonna upB reap the rewards DI the lose barrel if need be.

if nair isn't an option normally needle storm will do the same thing, and if it doesn't just repeat the process with needles until they die or to get the nair option.

that said if you control banana's (and because of your speed you can do that very well) you limit diddy down to relatively easy to punish options stay around ftilt range keep an eye out for for dash attack, and from there you can duck on reaction to monkey flip punish his whole air game ect.

when he has bananas just stay around glide toss banana range use needles to force reactions. pick up banana's and either put them on stage behind you to force the diddy to go through you to get to them or just throw them off stage so you can punish banana pulls. if thats an option.

Obviously punish landing with needles but don't forget to factor monkeyflip in as a stall/second/thrid jump. bait these/mixup with needle charge cancels if they are far enough away to use these jumps to avoid your on reaction.

i spammed the match up with Matt after my loss to him. I didn't lose a single match.
good luck doing these things to gnes, and he considers PS1 his best stage =]

sheikamaru

jive
Light you had a chance to do all that to gnes and figured you'd make a remark to that lol we should all watch lights vid vs gnes and like stop after gnes is like at two stock 200 percent and incorporate the game play into our sheiks

Judo777

Smash Master
2 things.

1. Are you sure nair will stuff barrels from above? I was fairly certain we had negative priority underneath of us because I have tried like a hundred times to stuff barrels with nair from above and barrels always beats it out even during the strong hitboxes.

2. It you hit diddy with needles its often best to just throw 1 needles. If we hit diddy with more than one needle, the first needle puts him in that dangerous very laggy state then the next few needles hit him and put him back in normal fall state. So go for single needle tosses if you feel you can make the throw with 1 needle. Obviously if you think you would need more needles to make it more reasonable to time go for it but its just a tip.

iLight

Smash Lord
2 things.

1. Are you sure nair will stuff barrels from above? I was fairly certain we had negative priority underneath of us because I have tried like a hundred times to stuff barrels with nair from above and barrels always beats it out even during the strong hitboxes.

2. It you hit diddy with needles its often best to just throw 1 needles. If we hit diddy with more than one needle, the first needle puts him in that dangerous very laggy state then the next few needles hit him and put him back in normal fall state. So go for single needle tosses if you feel you can make the throw with 1 needle. Obviously if you think you would need more needles to make it more reasonable to time go for it but its just a tip.
weak hit nair knocks him out of barrels as long as you don't hit him like half a second after he does them, that's when they are the 'strongest' in terms of priority, but yeah if he is really low on the screen and you force him to barrel into your nair pretty much anywhere along your leg you will knock him out, and I'm talking of course using side break nair not fast fall

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
I'll be there... playing Pit most likely since my Sheik is *** now. Or I'll man up and practice Sheik some more, idk.

There's a Cincy area Sheik named uh... damn, I forgot. But there's a Cincy-area Sheik, Judo probably, myself, TuTu, maybe Clowsui, idk about saviors and Y.b.M. has a surprisingly good one, but I think he'd only play it if you ask.

He's been on more of a Marth/Diddy side kick. Short of his standard ZS/Kirby main combo I guess.

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
I play a lot of characters in this game but my "mains" have been Mario, Pit, Sheik and Toon Link.

I haven't played Toon Link in a very long time and it's hard to find a place where I want to play Mario (who I mained from the time I began playing competitively to like last winter when I picked up Sheik) with Pit thrown in at various points along the way.

Needless to say, I don't change mains nearly as much. I've considered maining tons of characters, but I don't lol.

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
I considered Diddy for like half a week and I used Marth in pools once to beat a friend's Lucario.

I have a tendency to try out and learn characters to see how I mesh with them (Pika, DK, Diddy, Zero Suit, Kirby---**** most of mid tier really) and do alright when just ****ting around but who I play in tournament is pretty linear.

I generally go all Sheik in tournament but I have my others for some MU's. Mario is only for Pika/Diddy/ICies, Pit is for honestly when I don't feel my Sheik is up to par, now the ditto (Sheik), or I know a person or character struggles with it. MK is exclusively for the ditto.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
OiC, yeah that experimentation often helps me sponge up stuff into other characters (like after using sheik more, I've learned to net a lot more whiffs by spacing just outside of their range as lucario).

Judo777

Smash Master
I'll be there... playing Pit most likely since my Sheik is *** now. Or I'll man up and practice Sheik some more, idk.

There's a Cincy area Sheik named uh... damn, I forgot. But there's a Cincy-area Sheik, Judo probably, myself, TuTu, maybe Clowsui, idk about saviors and Y.b.M. has a surprisingly good one, but I think he'd only play it if you ask.

He's been on more of a Marth/Diddy side kick. Short of his standard ZS/Kirby main combo I guess.

yea hes a friend of mine his tag is peep and hes a really cool guy. He also plays pit.

Top Bottom