• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Active Player Thread: Ones who does not have Triforce can't go in

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
If I ever get good at this game I'm totally writing a real Sheik guide. :V

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
humorously enough, math doesn't really work in the real world. 1 + 1 is only to in therory. I reality there is always something lost or gained in that transaction that goes off into something that eventually isn't going to matter much. even down to the smallest levels electron bonds don't even really add up at cleanly as we'd like.

I'm gonna write a sheik guide one day. I'd imagine everyone would just call me bad. It'd just be "run away spam needles, jab -> dsmash"

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
I'm going to write a whole chapter on Forward Tilt and another one on Jab, probably. : \

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
mine would prob just be about needles and bair.

ftilt does deserve a whole chapter though... honestly it could use a guide all its own.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
I can't see someone writing a very long guide on needles or bair. Their uses are pretty self-explanatory.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
Sheik's jab is almost literally a lesser version of Falco's, I find it funny that unless they're like MK or Snake, they often get interrupted when they drop shield/try to use a move even when they've DIed far away from the multihit part rofl.

clowsui

Smash Legend
sheik's jab in and of itself is just as good yeah. kind of wish she could consistently generate the same amount of pressure up close as falco

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
The problem is nobody is as afraid of ftilt as they are of CG, since CG tends to rack damage up far more safely. Also jab mixups -> ftilt is kinda character dependent iirc, some get hit by it pretty well, others you tend to get punished for trying. One can still pressure the opponent to shield a lot as sheik imo, I've gotten grabs often because I've made so much pressure that the opponent had to sit in his shield to attempt to predict my approaches with a safer response (shield grab) and I'd just get in for free. but yeah, Sheik can't make it as consistent as falco imo.

Judo777

Smash Master
Sheiks jab is essentially the exact same as falcos except one major quality and that is falcos nasty jab range. That move is silly. It outranges our ftilt. However that aside i actually think sheiks up close game is better than falcos if only because of ftilt (although falcos close game is not as close as ours which makes give it an edge).

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
Although sheik's jab is still respectively pretty large in range, at least the second hit is (I've hit some people out of some crazy reaches sometimes), but yeah, Falco's is pretty good. He also has that windbox that gives it that crazily good priority.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Sheik's jab combos into dsmash and nair at 170%+. Sheik's ftilt can be set up into through fair (low %), weak nair (high %), ftilt (lol), utilt (situational), and dtilt (also situational). It can also catch airdodges about as reliably as a grab, and is a pretty long-ranged out-of-shield punish option.

I'll elaborate further in the guide that I might write eventually.

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
most aerials combo into ftilt, thats fine. when I first started playing I did sbair to fsmash a lot at low percents.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
it's the reason why WoI when it starts clanks with practically everything (well, aside from the invincibility)

It's also why when you try do a punish after falco jabs, he'll be safe sometimes even if he wasn't blocking b/c you'll whiff at the end of the jab loop from being pushed farther away (unless you DI and hit him earlier before he stops it).

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
I don't think every rapid jab has it, but it seems consistent w/ several of them. Could very well be, I might have to look at them again.

#HBC | Scary

Hype Incarnate
NNID
ScaryLB59
Man, so I got leveled in the past tourney I went to. Went 0-2 losing to Master Raven (MK) 2-0 and Poltergust (Yoshi) 2-1

I gotta stop being so I consistent lol. The set with Master Raven will be up and I made so many mistakes I thought. On the other hand and being optimistic, that small tourney was LOADED!! Since I'll be hanging with SFL during the summer, I'll train up.

:phone:

Judo777

Smash Master
Sheik Yoshi ain't that bad. Just got to understand all of yoshis blind spots and positions he can't threaten you in.

Top Bottom