• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Active Player Thread: Ones who does not have Triforce can't go in

Dnyce

Smash Master
Not actually true. Marth is really one of the special few that can consistently DI Usmash from Zelda.

:phone:
If you can explain to me how usmash is supposed to be DI'd I can tell you the optimal (and easiest way) to get out consistently :awesome:

Judo777

Smash Master
Yea marth has the easiest time in the world out of any other character at escaping Zeldas Usmash.

However Zelda vs kirby isn't that great either. We are almost as slow as he is and he will just about never fall into usmash.

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
Nana ALWAYS just pops outr of usmash and then fsmashes you. in your lag... I promise. IC don't have to DI to get it it's dumb.

#HBC | Scary

Hype Incarnate
NNID
ScaryLB59
I wish I knew how to DI Zelda's Usmash.

Also, Light, your Sheik is still awesome but it seems to me that you don't use enough needles and hav a bit of trouble killing if DACUS isn't landed. Otherwise, awesome stuff there man.

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
jab dsmash light!

if jab ftilt is working... and dsmash is a frame faster than ftilt<.<
very attractive though.

Yeah, what Ed said, needles sheiks best move IMO

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
mhm! light i like! youre very solid

i agree with the needle note

i also think your nair oos and spaced bairs were getting blocked a lot, and sometimes punished. i think mixing in some grabs would really help in that mu :)

edit: mmm those comments were after watching match 1... just watched the whole set, i liked the godlike comeback haha, sucks it had to end that way. ill's peach is pretty good and u were outplaying him pretty hard there at the end, i learned from watching that haha.

but anyway, sheik likes breathing room against peach. i always tell myself that close range fighting vs peach is doable, but slightly in peach's favor... so i always try to space bair when i can so that i can get away and charge needles. so that i can at least have a percentage lead whenever i encounter peach again and try to win the head to head. you're pretty aggressive so i can see why you'd like BF, but i think sheik needs more space on fd or sv. that could be a matter of tastes though, cuz at the end there your aggression was paying off.

the dacus is random, but i like that you are consistent with it and can consciously choose when to use it without whiffing that much. if you can keep that up, use it more but at even better times, keep it up. pretty good!!!!

iLight

Smash Lord
ill was consistently floating too high for my normal needle timing so I didn't land a lot of them, also on battlefield with the smaller space i prefer different options, and also I generally use frame traps to grab and he most of the time chose ways to di that prevented me from grabbing or i would land my jabs and then he would punish instead of say in the last match when he shielded my jabs then i was able to grab him most of the time I dislike going for grabs against peach because her horizontal control is so good

#HBC | Scary

Hype Incarnate
NNID
ScaryLB59
I spent the past 2 days working on some really technical ****. I think it'll help us a lot. The problem is that its incredibly hard.

It's the Shield platform drop through thingy from the thread by Fox Is Openly Deceptive. It's so hard but I can at least do the drop through at least 50% of the time. Then I'll work on the dash -> drop through and lastly the ridiculous thing. You guys have seen the vid right?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xgfzqVnXtTg&feature=youtube_gdata_player

-Mars-

Smash Hero
Pit pops out of usmash really easily.

Zelda sucks.

I wanna watch Lights vids but I don't have a computer.

Kirby is free.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
i'm entering brawl singles at genesis

hope to meet some of you there

my goal is to make it through 2 rounds of pools in brawl

melee my goal is to make it to bracket. gonna be freakin HARD.

Dnyce

Smash Master
I spent the past 2 days working on some really technical ****. I think it'll help us a lot. The problem is that its incredibly hard.

It's the Shield platform drop through thingy from the thread by Fox Is Openly Deceptive. It's so hard but I can at least do the drop through at least 50% of the time. Then I'll work on the dash -> drop through and lastly the ridiculous thing. You guys have seen the vid right?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xgfzqVnXtTg&feature=youtube_gdata_player

It's a lot easier (and waaaaayyyy more useful imo) to do it while your shield is being hit. For instance: Sheik is on a platform, ICs uair shield, input drop through during the freeze frames, and you can fair/bair ICs before they can do anything. It's hard to get used to at first, but the window to do it is a lot bigger while the shield is being hit.

clowsui

Smash Legend
@light i know i'm not ed but you just tap down when you're in shield

it's a very specific feeling and you'll know when you get it. not hard enough for a spotdodge but not as soft as a shield tilt. japanese said 1/3rd the strength of a spotdodge and it worked for me but not everyone presses spotdodge w/ same hardness - judo slams his controller buttons for every input LOL

#HBC | Scary

Hype Incarnate
NNID
ScaryLB59
Literlally what clowsui said. Sounds easy, but in battle it's nonsense how hard it is!.

@Dnyce, it might be easier with a hit on shield but it's still an uncomfortable input lol. Btw, scrolled around in a few threads, you're are Fino? We played at MLG Orlando and friendliest at Apex lol.

clowsui

Smash Legend
dnyce is fino yeah

also i agree...if i could hit all my drops from shield as falco i would get so many more punishes :( marth too

Judo777

Smash Master
@light i know i'm not ed but you just tap down when you're in shield

it's a very specific feeling and you'll know when you get it. not hard enough for a spotdodge but not as soft as a shield tilt. japanese said 1/3rd the strength of a spotdodge and it worked for me but not everyone presses spotdodge w/ same hardness - judo slams his controller buttons for every input LOL
Haha its soo true i'm the loudest smasher around but my tech skill is pretty top notch.

clowsui

Smash Legend
Hope you travel w/ Kel after he moves to Lex. I wanna further our rivalry! xD I feel like our games are gonna get more crazy now that we've both improved...

Dnyce

Smash Master
@Dnyce, it might be easier with a hit on shield but it's still an uncomfortable input lol. Btw, scrolled around in a few threads, you're are Fino? We played at MLG Orlando and friendliest at Apex lol.
:awesome: yup!
We should sheik ditto at Genesis, and keep the legacy goin, lol.

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
I got chain camped by Clowsui's Sheik when we played. **** was mad gay. He's got much better Sheik control than I do, that's for sure.

I kinda showed him why Pit is sorta gay for Sheik though. I should have thought to save game two.

clowsui

Smash Legend
we saved all three games, don't trip LOL. game 2 was the one that i won so ofc i thought to save that ;)

i don't think pit's that bad for sheik. jab's annoying but not insurmountable, especially since i didn't use enough crossup and empty sh bait. jab outranges sheik jab and roughly same range as sheik ftilt (a little less on the jab) but if i dash away charge needles as a mix up in close range spaces it should deter you from jabbing (but i dunno how to do grounded b reversals out of a dash -___-).

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
Pit isn't that bad for Sheik onstage at all. Admittedly I know I messed up some gimps on you when you recovered low and I thought I did relatively well in edgeguarding you.

I do some dumb things (using DA wrong) and you did some great things, but I think Sheik loses this MU by a small margin (on the neutral). Tbh I don't know pit CP's even though I mained him for a bit.

I use the same ones for Mario, Sheik and Pit (short of Brinstar only for certain Mario MU's and PS1 for some Pit/Sheik ones).

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
mmm i learned b-reverses by playing snake a lot and practicing b reverse grenades in the air.

u just press b, then the opposite direction immediately.

u got this hehe! u should be able to get it down in 1 day

clowsui

Smash Legend
there must be a way to do it immediately out of a dash though? i kinow how to do the breversal no problem but i want to do it out of a dash. a lot of the time i just end up accidentally doing a side b

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
mmm i learned b-reverses by playing snake a lot and practicing b reverse grenades in the air.

u just press b, then the opposite direction immediately.

u got this hehe! u should be able to get it down in 1 day
Haha yeah, the first thing that you need to pay attention to is when you press B, there's almost literally a small window where there's no direction being input while pressing B, if you got chain/reverse chain, you hit left/right in conjunction w/ neutral B. If you're a Snake/Link/TL/Lucario user, tendencies are you get b-reversals down pretty quickly :p

Pivot needles also looks boss when you're dashing past someone who spotdodged or is going to AD there, overall unnecessary but it gives you cool points :D

there must be a way to do it immediately out of a dash though? i kinow how to do the breversal no problem but i want to do it out of a dash. a lot of the time i just end up accidentally doing a side b
Watch Daiki's sheik, he does it a looooot. Like it's hard to get the timing down, but once you do, it's like riding a bicycle, you don't forget it and it comes really elementary and basic once you do.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
b reverse charged needles, faking people out since 2008!

i honestly don't see a metagame where people actually see it coming unless sheik becomes top tier or something.

iLight

Smash Lord
we saved all three games, don't trip LOL. game 2 was the one that i won so ofc i thought to save that ;)

i don't think pit's that bad for sheik. jab's annoying but not insurmountable, especially since i didn't use enough crossup and empty sh bait. jab outranges sheik jab and roughly same range as sheik ftilt (a little less on the jab) but if i dash away charge needles as a mix up in close range spaces it should deter you from jabbing (but i dunno how to do grounded b reversals out of a dash -___-).
Pit isn't that bad for Sheik onstage at all. Admittedly I know I messed up some gimps on you when you recovered low and I thought I did relatively well in edgeguarding you.

I do some dumb things (using DA wrong) and you did some great things, but I think Sheik loses this MU by a small margin (on the neutral). Tbh I don't know pit CP's even though I mained him for a bit.

I use the same ones for Mario, Sheik and Pit (short of Brinstar only for certain Mario MU's and PS1 for some Pit/Sheik ones).

In my experience pit is kind of really super hyper annoying for sheik for a number of reasons
1. frame 1 u-tilt
2. decent horizontal momentum if they DI away on all of your attacks
3. decent u-smash
4. good at planking
5. reflector for needles
6. his moves tend to have higher priority or maybe some just transcend
7. never has to approach
8. can charge his projectile to change up the timing, not to mention he can aim it

Judo777

Smash Master
In my experience pit is kind of really super hyper annoying for sheik for a number of reasons
1. frame 1 u-tilt
2. decent horizontal momentum if they DI away on all of your attacks
3. decent u-smash
4. good at planking
5. reflector for needles
6. his moves tend to have higher priority or maybe some just transcend
7. never has to approach
8. can charge his projectile to change up the timing, not to mention he can aim it
1. pits utilt is frame 2 not frame 1. And only the hit super close to the ground thats really small.
6. None of pits moves unless there is an obscure exception are transcendent. Sheiks jab can literally clank just about all of pits moves (except aerials obv.) Our jab clanks jab, ftilt, fsmash, utilt (i believe), dtilt, usmash, arrows, and maybe dsmash (our ftilt definitely clanks dsmash). Also our ftilt out speed most all of his options except utilt and jab (but most importantly his 6 frame fsmash).

Top Bottom