• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Active Player Thread: Ones who does not have Triforce can't go in

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
oh so you are out of grab range of the ledge then? I've gotten a few kills like that, lol. though it's rarely something I do as an intentional stall or anything you are right, it isn't really risky at all.

sheik's up B is momentum based like crazy. the first part so keep that in mind while you are trying to do it.

Izaw

Smash Ace
Oh god sorry man xD I got it mixed up, ment you Ankoku of course, sorry about that

Izaw

Smash Ace
oh so you are out of grab range of the ledge then? I've gotten a few kills like that, lol. though it's rarely something I do as an intentional stall or anything you are right, it isn't really risky at all.

sheik's up B is momentum based like crazy. the first part so keep that in mind while you are trying to do it.
Well yea , you are out of the grabrange , but you are still ON the ledge as IF you WEREN'T out of the grab range xD

It could get you some nice kills, like if a DK tilts you or a Snake Utilts etc. They'll get in range of the explosion and die.

Sorry for double post

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
Yeah I understand what you mean... I think...

oh I pretty sure this is true. You can aim down and catch the edge from the left (moving right towards the left side of the stage, but it has to be at an angle. she stop gaining or losing vertical distance traved if she hit a ledge while moving to the right. I feel like I've gotten so pretty ridiculous ledge grabs because of this while recovering. I know it is definitely true while going up though.

the easiest place to see this in action is SV. uo be just under the lip so you don't grab it and angle is so that you land on stage. on the left side of the stage you'll always grab the ledge, on the right you always land on stage. ALWAYS keep that in mind while recovering, because in some situations moving to close to the edge can lead to an unnecessary death via edge hod where if you stayed a little further out you'd of lived. conversely sometime you need that cling to avoid hard read charged smash attacks and the like.

Judo777

Smash Master
Saviours legacy told us about what Izaw is saying a long time ago. You just do it barely above the ledge so you don't snap but its the same effect as holding down. I don't like it that much simply because sheik is WAAAAAYYYYyy too vulnerable before vanish actually explodes. Like even with ledge invincibility its not safe.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
It's pretty funny to ledgehop a Vanish though. Bonus points if you punish them for trying to shieldgrab it.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
Dacus so far, there hasn't been a real need for Bdacus for sheik since DACUS is very fast to begin with, and both share the same weaknesses pretty much.

Judo777

Smash Master
Dacus so far, there hasn't been a real need for Bdacus for sheik since DACUS is very fast to begin with, and both share the same weaknesses pretty much.
They both do the same thing. Ideally, DACUS is better in every sense because if you do it frame 1 its the same without being restricted to buffering. Less ideally, BDACUS is nice because it guarantees it will be done the first frame it can. Even less ideally, BDACUS can be quite hard to do simply because of the window of some of the things you need to buffer it during, since it IS restricted to buffering. For instance Fair > BDACUS can be a little tricky do to how early i feel you need to do the in order to give you adequate buffering time.

Because of that distribution of ideality I always say DACUS is better. Yea BDACUS gives you an edge on how quickly it performs since we aren't perfect. But its also tricky to do and I feel more restricted. So i feel DACUS wins with respect to easiness to use and with frame perfection while BDACUS fall in between (which isn't bad i just prefer the other 2 reasons)

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
So I feel like I'm discouraged to pick up Sheik anymore. I'll still play with her for free play and having fun though. She's just too much work to get at a high level unless I learn her DACUS randomly overnight

and lol I almost typed DABUZ when I said DACUS.

-Mars-

Smash Hero
Why do people think learning DACUS is an indicator of being highly skilled? It's not even that important to know outside of like 5 MU's.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
how the hell else does this character kill?

and besides.

mk
snake
pikachu
is that 3 of the 5? cus in that case its quentessential to playing the character seriously in tournament.

sheikamaru

jive
it's funny b/c those match ups are where we win... grab release to dacus on mk is too good lol then again we don't really need it on him either

#HBC | Scary

Hype Incarnate
NNID
ScaryLB59
It's actually really easy to kill, but it is reliant on landing tipper Usmash. I count on my baiting game out of a throw. If I don't end up landing it around killing time then I just camp a little harder until my opportunity shows up again.

:phone:

-Mars-

Smash Hero
how the hell else does this character kill?

and besides.

mk
snake
pikachu
is that 3 of the 5? cus in that case its quentessential to playing the character seriously in tournament.
Not with random DACUS' that's for sure. Same way Sonic does....rack a ton of damage and then camp until their high enough for one of you KO moves to work.

As for Grab Release.

Doesn't work on Snake unless he mashes jump.

Doesn't work on Pikachu.

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
NO WAY OUT! you have to be past a certain percent, that percent is decay dependant. work on your zelda I think she does pretty well in the match up. sheik would **** pika if it weren't for the chain.

Dnyce

Smash Master
So I feel like I'm discouraged to pick up Sheik anymore. I'll still play with her for free play and having fun though. She's just too much work to get at a high level unless I learn her DACUS randomly overnight.

And lol I almost typed DABUZ when I said DACUS.
You have any custom controls set?
I'm still getting used to having to wait an eternity to be able to dash attack. I'm an Olimar main, therefore I have no technical ability.... so I don't think I'll ever be able to do Sheik's DACUS using instant dash attack, lol. I usually dash and then input dash attack toward the end of the dash animation to be able to do it - it's a good mix-up for landing up-smashes with Olimar, but it seems like the only way I can consistently DACUS with Sheik xD
Why would anybody want to pick up Sheik?
Everyone keeps asking me that too, haha :(

NO WAY OUT! You have to be past a certain percent; that percent is decay dependent. Work on your Zelda - I think she does pretty well in the match up. Sheik would **** Pikachu if it weren't for the chain.
I can draft a chart Wednesday of his chain grab if you guys want. It'll set me back a bit on finishing frame data, but I figure helping out in places that you guys think are important would be a more effective use of my time. I just decided I wanted to play Sheik on Friday, so I really have no idea where to start, lol.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
It's actually really easy to kill, but it is reliant on landing tipper Usmash. I count on my baiting game out of a throw. If I don't end up landing it around killing time then I just camp a little harder until my opportunity shows up again.

:phone:
^This

and gimps

and racking up so much damage while playing safely that her bair and nair become kill moves.

DACUS actually has some surprisingly decent setups, it's all about reading though, things like fair and nair at mid percent send them on a good trajectory that can occasionally net a sleeper DACUS. I totally wish usmash caught dodges better, that's what it needs most imo.

Protip: watch for moments when the opponent is holding away, your bair and dsmash will kill much earlier for that, that's why I like raring bair when chasing the opponent after bthrow/fthrow when they DI far away, for some odd reason, bthrow -> bair near the ledge area tends to kill earlier than it should.

oh yeah, and vanish reads are a lot better than some give it credit for. If you do it out of shield, it looks like a spotdodge, and most people will try to punish it like a spotdodge, except unlike spotdodge, the invincibility frames are practically flip-flopped, and you'll catch the opponent trying to hit you at the end of it :p.

edit: are you absolutely sure it doesn't work on Pikachu? I could've sworn he was one of the few it did work on, like Lucas, MK, and Sopo.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
Oh yeah, I need DK advice guys, what is the best neutral after FD to take him to (since he'll probably either strike or ban this stage), and which CPs do I use/ban on him? What are some good rundowns on what I can punish and what I should do?

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
You must've missed my write-up in the other thread when talking with Fino :<

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
Oh thank you, guess that convo about frames made me overlook that :p

I'm guessing then that BF is probably the best starter to take him too? On the converse, I'd really hate to get pressured from DK below when I'm on a plat.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Just make sure that if you're shielding on a platform, you're facing toward the edge you're closest to. If he does something silly like push you off with a utilt, you can punish with instant bair lolz.

Dnyce

Smash Master
Oh thank you, guess that convo about frames made me overlook that :p

I'm guessing then that BF is probably the best starter to take him too? On the converse, I'd really hate to get pressured from DK below when I'm on a plat.
How does DK platform pressure from below O.o?

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Again, just face toward the ledge before shielding and DK will be the one taking damage from that.

Judo777

Smash Master

How does DK platform pressure from below O.o?
usmash is also better than you think at this. It makes you slide off like no matter what. ALso when playing DK don't mess up your tilt locks it can hurt.

Top Bottom