• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Active Player Thread: Ones who does not have Triforce can't go in

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
MK's (and a few others come to mind) Up+B out of shield is a guaranteed punish on Sheik.
The only time I've consistently punished from tilting a shield is dtilting Snake's shield because the instinct to jab or grab out of shield misses as long as you stay crouching.
Ftilt jab and ftilt dsmash can punish late shieldgrabs I suppose.
Pretty sure Sheik can nair Sheik out of shield as a punish.
I usually don't like hitting Falco's shield with a tilt.

Dnyce

Smash Master
O... I take it you guys don't know about issdi buffer grabbing... Very few moves are safe on shield :(

Judo777

Smash Master
I actually compared MK and Sheik frame data along time ago and I must say that MK (while being the only character definitely beats) definitely beats sheiks.

I did this by adding together all the start up times of the "significantly quick moves" and subtracting the cool down of said moves.

Obviously i didn't count moves like specials and moves that are very slow that people don't use in those situations (i even gave sheik the benefit of the doubt by not adding dair).

MK still won. His 9 frame total uair tips the scale pretty hard. Frame 2 hit and 7 frame cooldown is pretty stupid.

Also yea as tutu said i got 5th at Bith 5 (actually tying won of my lexington buddies who plays olimar, who beat infern)

2nd in pools not stressing myself out and oing snake dittos vs infern

Beat Boof 2-0 in bracket

Beat Mister Eric in bracket 2-0

Beat Krystedez in bracket 2-0 [to be fair to my boy Krystedez he was using his second main now (at least i think its his second main), Pit, and I know that MU pretty well]

Lost to YBM in bracket 2-0 (DAT KIRBY)

Lost to Kel in bracket 2-1 (won game 1 from him SDing, then lost game 3 from being flashy and getting gimped at 0)

Also got second in double teaming with Kel losing only to YBM an Infern, tho we took a set, (DAT KIRBY)

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
fox and sheik, can't go wrong.

good stuff judo. Don't go into any match up with that can't win mindset though my friend.

Judo777

Smash Master
Actually i tried something i had never tried before against YBM, which was going Snake against his Kirby instead. He knows that MU way too well being friends with Infern and i don;t have enough experience with it either.

I was actually feeling confident in doubles playing solo against his kirby with sheik, but I was gonna kick myself if I went to yet another tourney and didn't try Snake against YBM when thats a large portion of why I practice him.

Fun fact YBM is probably responsible for about 60% of my tournament losses.

sheikamaru

jive
*stands*
hi gais, my name is kilik, and i think i'm getting better as a sheik user... i was able to hold ground against players like ozz and trela last saturday. and i don't fear mks anymore.

*waits for acknowledgment then sits*

am i going crazy?? i wanted to comment on a 15 sec vid about sheik pressuring ness and i can't find it!!

sheikamaru

jive
oh you mean shadowpj? we had intense matches but i'd say it came out even between us like i'm able to be on spar with these dudes. pretty much when tl zairs and you shield it a neutral air or fair is coming out b/c it auto cancles i think. and tl is free if he's recovering low from the stage. a good bair will seal his doom :D
who'd ya hear that from? :}

and that vid on pressure it's pretty much being real patient against your opponent not really pressure... if it was any pressure it'd be called "presence pressure!" muahahaha!

Dnyce

Smash Master
tl is free if he's recovering low from the stage. a good bair will seal his doom :D
Hmmm, have you tried dropping down with a nair (for a stage spike) before? MJG moved away, so I don't have as many opportunities to try it out, haha. Just random theory-craft though.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
I think nair just sends outward, while bair indiscriminately sends behind Sheik. With that in mind, sliding bair from the stage has better possibility of stage spiking than a ledge-dropped nair.

Dnyce

Smash Master
Oh, for some reason I assumed Sheik to be hanging on the ledge. What you said makes more sense.

//stillascrublol

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
On the other hand, if you're feeling silly, you can go for a ledge-dropped fair.

sheikamaru

jive
Sweet! What'd he say about me? Lol

And I think that'd be kind of hard to drop down fair tl if he's doing his up b directly below you then again I could be wrong

:phone:

-Mars-

Smash Hero
Translation:

"Your a scrub and it was friendlies where I wasn't actually trying, if i thought you were gonna go on SWF and brag about almost beating me I would have actually tried."

Dnyce

Smash Master
Translation:

"Your a scrub and it was friendlies where I wasn't actually trying, if i thought you were gonna go on SWF and brag about almost beating me I would have actually tried."
I love you....

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

iLight

Smash Lord
I play every match seriously whether its friendlies or otherwise I always play to win some 5 year old kid comes up to me at MLG "omg can I play?!" -me "sure" then i 3 stock him only taking 15% that's my ninja way

Even if you're playing to win in friendlies it's still a completely different environment that a MM or tourny set. idk I take friendlies srsly, but it only really counts as a "win" to me if I do it in tournament.

sheikamaru

jive
thank you... a wins a win in my book. ofc it only counts in tourney but.. just means you get some intel on the char you might end up fighting. like i got better at the marth mu and lucario mu and icy mu through friendlies. if i run into them in tourney, i'll know what to do.

Judo777

Smash Master
Not to mention conserving ur serious play is important because of how fatiguing sheik is.

sheikamaru

jive
Well yea of course >.>

I generally friendly people who play characters who I dont have any good experince in fighting. When I say its a win in my book im referring to the informtion aspect gained from the matches =]

sheikamaru

jive
Making sure im controlling the ground and dealing more damage than my opponent I cant really go autopilot when I play... Unless im used to who my opponent is...a weekly smasher perhaps

Top Bottom