• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Active Player Thread: Ones who does not have Triforce can't go in

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
You're crazy if you like Mario dittos. They haven't changed since Melee. Dominated by the player who camps harder.

Judo777

Smash Master
I stand by my statement. Crash will back me up that diddy dittos are fun.

And I LOVE snake dittos i play em all the time.

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
actually... that's good... fair someone sheilded off a ledge+needles = forced get up -> usmash :)

Flayl

Smash Hero
Hey, I'm trying to collect data on the performance of low/bottom-of-mid tier characters. Please let me know if I missed one of your results:

http://flayl.tengun.net/smash/lowtier_entries.php?rpp=20&loc=&char=ZEL

Some things to note:
- "Placed in Top" means that if you tied for 5th the value will be 6 (unless there was a tiebreaker like at MLG)
- I don't take MK banned tournaments
- I only take results from August 1st 2010 onwards

Thanks.

Maybe I'm being spoiled but is it possible to make a seperate list for Sheik, Sheik/Zelda, and Zelda? I hate seeing zelda's face next to my name. :<

Edit: also was the tourny that ed/<riot tied for 96th in Apex? Because I had to enter as pharrox at that tournament, and according to the results I tied with them as well. I thought Ed outplaced me since he made it to round 2 pools and I didn't but maybe he got last in his round 2 pool and my 1st round pool had one more person in it or something.

http://allisbrawl.com/event.aspx?id=9011

The reason I entered as Pharrox was because I ended up deciding to go to Apex last minute and Pharrox (a Mi Pikachu) ended up not wanting to enter.

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=295362

Also I think you missed my placing at SiiS4 where I tied with Judo

Then idk why it says we tied. I got 4th in my first pool, maybe it was input incorrectly. I really cant stand Zelda though.

Edit: Or I could have just not clicked the tab labeled Singles Pools Round 2. Forever the most aware.

Flayl

Smash Hero
It says you tied because AiB isn't good at dealing with ties: Riot tied for third in his first round pool and advanced because he beat the other guy, while you got 4th.

I'm updatinng your entries, expect to see them online friday or so.

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
it won't happen to us, don't worry ed :)

our air trip is the worst out of any character... which sucks. But just knowing this very powerful information is very very benificail for us.

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
still regardless of character you can pretty much get the air trip and punish with something, ftilt utilt, maybe even just a solid usmash after wards. something to play around with,

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
it won't happen to us, don't worry ed :)

our air trip is the worst out of any character... which sucks. But just knowing this very powerful information is very very benificail for us.
Are we talking about the platform fall mechanics? Because I thought fox was like the absolute worst. iirc I think fox is the only one that can also face backwards on the BF plat and still not tech lol.

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
Sadness. But, family before smash ofc. Next time we're both at the same tournament, can you please teach me how to beat Snake with Sheik?

I feel like I probably shouldn't be losing to OH snakes not Infrn... and maybe Moose because he reads me so well.

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
Are we talking about the platform fall mechanics? Because I thought fox was like the absolute worst. iirc I think fox is the only one that can also face backwards on the BF plat and still not tech lol.
shiek's is 31 frame, fox is 27. I think fox has a faster fast fall speed, but he and sheik have the same fall speed (it's why they are the only two that get tilt locked)

Judo777

Smash Master
Gimr just did this in metagame minute. A solid half of the cast cant avoid falling off the BF plat backwards.

iLight

Smash Lord
I've done that, it's not what is most comfortable for me in all match ups, and also I want the advantage of having greater than a +1 in some matchups not to mention playing a character that someone doesn't necessarily play against all the time

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
lol today I gave some people an extra helping of sheik fear, I think I might be putting full investment in sheik, outside of exceptions like Pikachu and ICs.

lol today I gave some people an extra helping of sheik fear, I think I might be putting full investment in sheik, outside of exceptions like Pikachu and ICs.
Most ICs players are really bad at the MU, and tbh bad at smash in general. Don't give up D: it's the most satisfying feel in the game to beat an ICs main with Sheik. And pikachu isnt as bad...

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Just follow NEO's philosophy when it comes to Lucario. I think I lost the chatlog, so you're gonna have to ask him.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
I think Notra plays significantly better tbh. Hino has some interesting stuff but he tends to fall apart if he loses game presence.

Top Bottom