• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Active Player Thread: Ones who does not have Triforce can't go in

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
Just follow NEO's philosophy when it comes to Lucario. I think I lost the chatlog, so you're gonna have to ask him.
I'd like to hear, probably something to do with patience and gimps, running against lucario is usually a big no-no for most characters. Guess it's time for an AIM chat

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
Hey, Sheiks! I'm picking up Wi-Fi to play MUs I need more help on, and one of them is Sheik. I admit I'm TRASH at Wi-Fi, but I really just want to get a general feel of the MU.

If you'd like to play sometime, please let me know!

iLight

Smash Lord
i applied to the backroom once a long time ago when it was still like not really open to new players and never heard back, and now i don't play as much so i doubt that i should try to get in, i'd just be one of those guys who doesn't know anything posting like i know stuffs, kind of like i do here.....

#HBC | Scary

Hype Incarnate
NNID
ScaryLB59
But you do know your stuff though lol. I just dunno when the next BBR application thing is lol.

I think this was the 2nd time for me trying to get in. 1st time was merely for lolz to see what would happen.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
vs lucario just dont fall for baits and block his fair dair, or whatever he approaches with

just gotta be super careful. scary character, but we are a ninja so we can handle it

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
but fighting is strong against steel, so would that be a matter of who gets the first sweep?

Plus iirc lucario's been nerfed since gen4

that would also explain why Zelda's booty against Lucario, normal type seems to get bodied by steel/fighting :p

Haunted Brook

Smash Rookie
Hi guys :D

After seeing Izaw shieik video vs Haze marth http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B-f8314pGC8

I want to second sheik now lol And the only character I main is Pit and my secondary are usually random but im looking foward to sheik but just suck with her atm :( Hope I get better and can compete with her soon :D

Is it bad to switch to zelda and spam her moves to get a kill after your sheik made the other guy 130+%?

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
It works fairly well on people who don't know how to exploit Zelda's weaknesses, or aren't good. It also works fairly well in a couple of MUs, like D3 and ROB.

I would keep to sheik though for the most part.

Earth is a really good sheik main who also uses Pit at a really high level, you should watch his videos sometime.

stealth3654

Smash Lord
ah! You should have been to Apex. We had a dedicated TV for Sheik mains, and Earth was there

Izaw

Smash Ace
Ok so this is a bit off topic, and maybe not new at all, I'm just checking.

But have you guys known for a while that Sheik can stal the ledge just like in Melee, with the UP B ?

For those who don't know what I mean. Well, while Sheik is holding the ledge, she can let go of the ledge, do a UP B on the ledge WITHOUT grabbing the ledge, do the explosion that deals damage, and grab the ledge right away after that.

If you still don't understand what I mean, here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E3Ac233MNVM

at 1:30

Now I'm just checking cause I haven't seen it used so far, If it hasen't been discovered I'll make a video about it.

(It's easy to do and could be very useful)

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
Its known but I find it very hard to do. and very risky.

you hold down til the explosion and then you have to redirect the angle imediately afterwards. you can't grab the edge while you are invisible in brawl like you could in melee.

(zelda's recovery would be so much better if that were the case)

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
For the most part I think all Sheik mains are aware of it Izaw. I can't say that I know if a lot of use use it though.

I sometimes will use it on an edgeguarding DDD as a mixup. You know that we have a point where we can have a lagless landing vanish, right?

:phone:

Hyper Ninja'd by <3.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Specifically, it only works if there's a wall at the ledge. So don't try it on stages like Halberd.

Izaw

Smash Ace
Its known but I find it very hard to do. and very risky.

you hold down til the explosion and then you have to redirect the angle imediately afterwards. you can't grab the edge while you are invisible in brawl like you could in melee.
No, no I found another way of doing it, I've known that one for a long time and I know what you mean, its risky and hard. Although I found another way of doing it , its A LOT easier to do. I could upload a video of it.

Basically, while hanging you drop the ledge, and REALLY FAST (Not too fast cause you'll end up above the ledge and ull find yourself reappearing on the stage) do UP B, so you get sheik like a inch above the ledge. And you don't even have to hold down your control stick, just hold it to the right / left. You'll find the timing eventually, I'd say it's probably as hard or even easier than her DACUS. And if you fail on the timing ull just end up regrabing the ledge so it's not really risky.

Oh and true, like Ankoku said, do NOT try this at stages like Halberd or even Lylat or you'll die : <

Top Bottom