• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Active Player Thread: Ones who does not have Triforce can't go in

Heartstring

Smash Legend
dair is such an underated move... it is GREAT oos (probably sheik's best oos option), has decent KO potential, and can be used to edgeguard people thanks to its super armor frames
...wait...
he just did that on the ganon boards...i think we have a troll XD

saviorslegacy

My avater is not a Sheik avatar.
Happy new years everyone. I'm kicking back listening to this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k7AZIvDD5Lw and drinking fine champagne. If I could I will smoke my pipe a little bit. Tomorrow I am kicking off the new years with a fishing trip.
So cheers everyone, and may 2011 out do 2010. For 2010 is probably one of the best years yet!

-Mars-

Smash Hero
No she's not. I mean she's not bad but she doesn't really help out in any way. You can camp and rack damage but kills and dying early is a big problem for Sheik in doubles.

-Cross-

Smash Ace
I don't have much Sheik team experience, but just looking at her moveset and playstyle, you can tell that she's a damage support character with decent disruption potential. I think the crux of her success in teams would be stage awareness. The more you have the more successful you will be, this is primarily always knowing where all three people are and what they are doing. Otherwise, recognize chances to disrupt an enemy's combo/string with a needle or a fast attack if your partner is getting screwed. idk how team synergy works, I would guess someone that is good offstage ie MK to help Sheik when she is offstage?

Nike.

Smash Hero
Would you guys say that she goes well with someone who kills easier? From what I'm gathering, shes more into damage racking and supporting.

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
in all honesty from what ive seen....shes not the anywhere near the best choice out there...but idk ive only seen 2 Florida sheiks in teams.

Renki and Ed. SInce their good players they do pretty good but the limitations sseemed obvious imo.

-Cross-

Smash Ace
On paper that's probably the best choice. Team synergy is of course a whole different matter. A lot of characters can use their kill potential in teams but won't work well with Sheik. Btw this is an empty statement on my part, I don't have any character combination examples, hopefully somebody else with more knowledge can provide that

Edit: ^that too

Judo777

Smash Master
Sheik has several great tools in teams. She is excellent at disrupting and aiding her team mate because she can get anywhere and hit her foe extremely fast. Needles help with interrupting and can combo into ur team mates kill moves. Her biggest disadvantage is her weight obv and her kill option isn't great either. This said DACUS is incredible in teams because people can't alway pay attention to you and ypou can hit people with it from very far. If ur opponent commits to hitting ur ally you can DACUS for an early kill.

As far as teammates sheik needs a few things (in no specific order). 1 is kill power. No way around this you have to be able to kill people. Number 2 is survivability. Sheik will die very early if she takes many hits because she can't stay away from everyone. You will take hits so you need someone who can tank to help buffer that. Lastly is stage control. Chaos in teams is not something sheik wants. Sheik loses trades and die way too early in chaos (as opposed to luigi who ***** hard in chaos) so you need a teammate who can control the stage to prevent that. Me and Xisin (who plays marth) do fairly well in teams because we can seperate it more into 1 on 1 which is ideal for sheik since she can fight 1v1 but quickly move to aid her teammate or surprise DACUS her ally's foe.

IMO Snake is probably sheiks best team mate because he is one of the best in the game at all of the above listed options arguably THE best at all 3 (although there might be one char for each of the 3 that does it better, no one does all 3 better). As long as he isnt messing you up with explosives you can do quite well.

Nike.

Smash Hero
Wow that was amazing, thank you so much. There 4 snakes in my city too so I'll def be trying her out for the next month.

-Mars-

Smash Hero
I think Wario is probably the best team partner for Sheik.

He like never dies and kills everyone super early it's ridiculous. His recovery is also super safe so stock tanking isn't hard with him.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
I think Sheik and Peach work out pretty well. But that may be personal bias.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
sheik's ability to playsuper amazing aggro would allow her to team with a hard hitting heavy quite well, i would say d3 would be a good partner

-Mars-

Smash Hero
Those characters are both extremely light...it's not bad but definitely not the best Sheik team.

Judo777

Smash Master
Wario would be pretty good but tbh i think he lacks the stage control that is very helpful. Wario fights extremely well in chaos because of his mobility and damage but he has a hard time keeping people out of certain areas. Don't get me wrong it could still be an amazing team because warios a great character but i still say snake lol

iLight

Smash Lord
i think teaming w/ a good snake or wario who knows how to kill would be best, those at least have always worked out best for me, because where snake gets kills really consistently he is also "easily" gimped by metaknight and others, where as wario to me seems like he has more difficulty setting up kills and is kind of like playing a double support game with a sheik player, but he can live forever and like judo said he lacks stage control in my opinion except against big characters

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
fox... that usmash works so good in any team game. every grab is a free kill after like 90.
sheik can kill just takes longer to set up.

sheikamaru

jive

-Cross-

Smash Ace
You were playing against a double Wolf team, this would have been a lot worse if the opponent team had better character synergy and if you guys weren't playing on Delfino. Besides DK got 3 out of your 5 kills. Sheik's d-smash not killing a Wolf at 154% at 3:07 should tell you just how reliable killing is with her >_>. You almost pulled off the comeback, but that's not carrying. imo a carry is somebody that gets the kills and is the main reason your team wins. For example, you could get all the kills but you died 5 times and your partner's amazing stock camping was why you got those kills. In this case, DK was your carry.

sheikamaru

jive
You were playing against a double Wolf team, this would have been a lot worse if the opponent team had better character synergy and if you guys weren't playing on Delfino. Besides DK got 3 out of your 5 kills. Sheik's d-smash not killing a Wolf at 154% at 3:07 should tell you just how reliable killing is with her >_>. You almost pulled off the comeback, but that's not carrying. imo a carry is somebody that gets the kills and is the main reason your team wins. For example, you could get all the kills but you died 5 times and your partner's amazing stock camping was why you got those kills. In this case, DK was your carry.
i only died 3 times? o.o i say dk is more stock tank than anything...

-Cross-

Smash Ace
You didn't get all the kills either. lol read a little closer? It was just an example man. To be brutally honest, you hurt your team a bit by killing DK at the end there by stealing the ledge. And true, DK is generally a stock tank, but on your team he was the carry.

Top Bottom