• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Active Player Thread: Ones who does not have Triforce can't go in

Judo777

Smash Master
Wanna see a name search trap! Mister Eric!!!!! Mister Eric Mister Eric Mister Eric.

Btw if i didn't say it before I'll say it again. I think Mister Eric is definitely top 3 rob in the nation at least. Dude you should see the way he robo burners man the guy defies the laws of physics.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
Wanna see a name search trap! Mister Eric!!!!! Mister Eric Mister Eric Mister Eric.

Btw if i didn't say it before I'll say it again. I think Mister Eric is definitely top 3 rob in the nation at least. Dude you should see the way he robo burners man the guy defies the laws of physics.
haha, eric is an epic guy indeed. i think the overtech style of play is what keeps r.o.b interesting for him though, although it actually makes rob look fast XD

-Cross-

Smash Ace
Going to be the worst Christmas ever, just sitting here writing apps. >_> Please tell me somebody out there knows my pain.

Otherwise Happy Holidays people.

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
Zelda is class. Peach is... a puppet queen, she has no idea about whats happening in her country she just sits around and gets kidnapped. Zelda put in work in OOT.

Kisamealex3

Smash Journeyman
Peach hits like a girl.

Zelda just hits like...20,000 watts right to your nervous system.

clowsui

Smash Legend
peach's down b = turnips

zelda's down b = ninja

one stays in the kitchen

the other one is a badass who throws needles, whips a chain at you and pretty much plays the dominant role in any relationship cause she got a beetch slap

so who would your rather play: a character that reinforces typical gender roles, or a character that defies those stereotypes and does **** better than 95% of men out there? ;)

Mister Eric

Twitch.tv/MisterbeepEric Twitter: @MisterbeepEric
NNID
MisterEric
3DS FC
1075-1236-8207

merry beepmas, beepo!
<3

how many robs are there?
In FL...like 1.
In the midwest, like 5+ lol
they're around. they just dont do a whole lot performance wise xD

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
thats my point I hardly have to learn the match up. especially at the national level. I think rob is probably way better than people think though. give it a few years you'll see robs doing be things. his move set is just too good not to.

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
I like peach's bair... and her peach bomber and her back throw...

still... zelda packs punches.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
thats my point I hardly have to learn the match up. especially at the national level. I think rob is probably way better than people think though. give it a few years you'll see robs doing be things. his move set is just too good not to.
there was a lot being done 2008/2009. then he shot down the tier list. people got bored of maining him, i can imagine eric only plays him because hes like a wizard with his r.o.b stuff

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
his moveset just looks too good. He's never had a huge player base and I think thats the biggest issue for him. he has some of the best keep away tools. good mass great recovery, great projectiles, strong ground and air game. only thing he really lacks (from my very distant point of view) is speed and agility. (luigi's issue)

but snake has that same issue and top players have figured out how to work around that

Judo777

Smash Master
Rob is a great character he has lots of pros. His main issues are just kinda hard to get around. His weight is good but his momentum canceling is terrible. His frame is one of the worst in the game because his base is to bulky he gets poked bad, he gets jab locked easy and hes pretty tall. Hes one of the only characters that can get usmashed by DK while still in the ground from a side B. But by far his worst advantage is being juggled and getting to the ground and mostly he just gets wrecked by MK. Like that MU is seriously terrible. Rob just had almost no options to MK's stuff. He gets outranged about everywhere he cant touch the ground and he cant keep MK away that is IMO Rob's biggest problem.

Also bad news fellas i became aware at the last tourney that sheik CANNOT chain camp MK from the front..... it kinda sucks but the only way to really chain camp him is to use grounded chain which isn't reasonable at all. Go figure MK gets around another trial by being broken. I mean in theory its still possible but it requires us to make a guess that if we guess wrong we get hit.

-Cross-

Smash Ace
How did the MK get out of your chain camping? Also this Peach vs Zelda debate is honestly one of the most hilarious things I've ever read. You guys must argue about this quite a bit in FL lol

iLight

Smash Lord
Rob is my biggest secondary, and while i havn't ever gone 1v1 vs mk in singles, I often play ROB in doubles and easily handled a lot of MK's in texas for a long time w/ ROB easily controlling their recovery and space in the match for long periods of time and often getting the kill on them

yes ROB has big problems w/ momentum cancelling, his best option that i've found to momentum cancel being fair>upB and yes he get's pooped on if people hits off/shield poke him whatever, but I mean that's the name of the game w/ ROB, having a wall to keep someone back and if they do get in, having a set of moves to rely on/mind game them to knock them away again

#HBC | Scary

Hype Incarnate
NNID
ScaryLB59
How did the MK get out of your chain camping? Also this Peach vs Zelda debate is honestly one of the most hilarious things I've ever read. You guys must argue about this quite a bit in FL lol
Trust me, it's alot more fun when you hear the trash talking in person. Both me and Kyon, being prominent people for each character, we say so much dumb ****. It's so much fun playing with him though.

Also, Zelda will put her foot up dat *** if you keep throwing it at me!

Judo777

Smash Master
Mk can run up and shield one hit of chain then UpB OoS. Because sh chain doesnt hit until about every like 9 frames he can do it pretty easily.

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
all the FL smashers are too fun to be around. especially the peaches and zelda/sheiks.

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
I've never liked chain camping... it is just too unreliable. If MK can do that so can a lot of the cast with quick invul OOS options, marth, DK, bowser.

Queen B. Kyon

Smash Master
Trust me, it's alot more fun when you hear the trash talking in person. Both me and Kyon, being prominent people for each character, we say so much dumb ****. It's so much fun playing with him though.

Also, Zelda will put her foot up dat *** if you keep throwing it at me!
Too bad I don't bair Zelda XD but once you go ninja it's all game. Throwing dah *** all day and night and making an kicking salad XD

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
I wanna try my space aged zelda against you kyon, try and give me a heads up next time you are in the UCF area.

Judo777

Smash Master
I've never liked chain camping... it is just too unreliable. If MK can do that so can a lot of the cast with quick invul OOS options, marth, DK, bowser.
No no one else can simply because of their run speed. Mk's fast enough to run and get close enough to our chain you hit us. Marth cant really get in in time. Also DK's upb isnt invincible till like frame 13 or something and bowsers it too shortranged. Technically we can swat MK during the first 5 frames of his up B before he is invincible but trying to time that isnt realistic at all.

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
thats always been the reason why I've never been very accepting of chain camping. it isn't realistic. I've had some success with chain locks. but chain camping all some one has to do is air dodge in and sheild. realisticly you can't always counter that. and if MK can upB OOS than most of the cast can grab OOS.

I though DK's grounded upB had super armor frame 1 till it's hit box came out.

Top Bottom