• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Active Player Thread: Ones who does not have Triforce can't go in

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
Meneil is better than I am. I'm also a low-level Ohio player.

I guess Nicole is bad at the MU too. I sat there and watched her struggle in her match too.

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
Ike is a monster btw. I always thought Ike would be very cake like and that isn't the case. he does big damage and good read lead into deaths at insanely low percents. Ike has so much range approaching is always scary i the air or on the ground.

Ike isn't slow.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
Ike is a monster btw. I always thought Ike would be very cake like and that isn't the case. he does big damage and good read lead into deaths at insanely low percents. Ike has so much range approaching is always scary i the air or on the ground.

Ike isn't slow.
yeah i know, ive jsut gotten better at reads these days and its winning me games so much easier, realyl killing at 80% from a good hard read instead of missing all the chances and killing with a stale jab combo at like 200% really makes it easier, also ike isnt too slow, he jsut isnt fast and has a bit too much startup lag on msot of his stuff for my liking

Akashi

Smash Lord
Hey i've played this guy on WiFi ;). Also c'mon bro you can just Dolphin Slash out of ftilt lolololol.
...unless you're above the sheik, hence what Judo was doing to me. Also, yes Dolphin Slash works obviously, but if the Sheik baits the Dolphin and shields, then it's a tippered usmash to my face. Which brings me to another question - would Sheik's ftilt have enough ending lag to not successfully PS a Dolphin Slash, IF the Marth immediately acts out of the hitlag of ftilt? I doubt it, but it's something worth testing.

KenniSpam!

Smash Master
i know i've had it countered before... if its possible, i would imagine you arent able to fastfall it

im bad at timing ftilt though lollllllllll

i just mash a when i catch someone

Judo777

Smash Master
No sheiks ftilt is legit if done right (up to about 2-3 maybe 4 hits). I was slowing it down trying to get you to drop further down into it. If i slow it down you can DS for free but if I do it right you can't dolphin slash until you are pretty far above me. And as you said DS is baitable.

Akashi

Smash Lord
No sheiks ftilt is legit if done right (up to about 2-3 maybe 4 hits). I was slowing it down trying to get you to drop further down into it. If i slow it down you can DS for free but if I do it right you can't dolphin slash until you are pretty far above me. And as you said DS is baitable.
So I CAN'T Dancing Blade between hits, right? Sucks :( but if it's only 2~4 hits then it's manageable. I really need to talk to you via PM or AIM, Judo, so I can get some frame data from you. If you have free time I mean <3

Judo777

Smash Master
So I CAN'T Dancing Blade between hits, right? Sucks :( but if it's only 2~4 hits then it's manageable. I really need to talk to you via PM or AIM, Judo, so I can get some frame data from you. If you have free time I mean <3
yea man I suppose if you want just send me a message although all the frame data I have is in our guide already lol

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
@ DS vs ftilt

the hit stun on ftilt is very dependant on percent and decay. below like 20 marth can always DS out of hit stun and get you for example. you have to learn when you can and can't combo with ftilt it is very important to know guys.

Judo777

Smash Master
@ DS vs ftilt

the hit stun on ftilt is very dependant on percent and decay. below like 20 marth can always DS out of hit stun and get you for example. you have to learn when you can and can't combo with ftilt it is very important to know guys.
yea general rule of ftilt is dont start below 23% if you do i just jab afterward to be safe, or shield if i think they are gonna retaliate.

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
I grab instead of jab a lot at those low percents lab can be punished percents lower than ftilt :(

ftilt is true into jab at lower percents and against most of the cast a grab from those jabs can't be contested. fox sheik falco and a punch of there character can jab you out of you jab though because of their high fall speed and ridiculous jabs. Renki jabs me out of my jab combos a lot.

but yeah ftilt grab is pretty safe because of grab armor against most of the cast. the natural reaction for most people is to sheild and grab beast that. sheik's grab is fast enough to beat other grabs and most ground attacks and even spot dodges (which would have to be timed frame perfectly you can't buffer a spot dodge)

and at those low percents your throws sets up well into traps and it helps to decay the throws.......

blahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblah.......

oh ftilt run through piviot grab is funny looking. and pretty safe against slower characters and will give you time to see how they react and help as a mix up for ftilt

-Mars-

Smash Hero
I use double jab to run through pivot grab or retreating pivot grab as a mixup quite often during matches.

Jab is so good. Once I started using jab more instead of dsmashing whenever I got nervous I started beating people I didn't use to beat.

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
jab is an amazing move. definitely one of sheiks best moves. I have trouble deciding whether I like jab or ftilt more sometimes....

Heartstring

Smash Legend
i do admit, sheiks jab is amazing, very few characters can jab cancel as well as sheik, probably beign beaten by only ike and captain falcon (and thats like, the basis of their game) and maybe falco. two jabs crouch and then either grab or dtilt or even dsmash

Judo777

Smash Master
i do admit, sheiks jab is amazing, very few characters can jab cancel as well as sheik, probably beign beaten by only ike and captain falcon (and thats like, the basis of their game) and maybe falco. two jabs crouch and then either grab or dtilt or even dsmash
Weeg does it better than CF and falco (and sheik) weegs jab cancel is incredible.

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
I almost mained weege... and peach... luigi si too hard to play as, peach well... I don't know there is something about her that I don't enjoy as much as sheik... King bowser thats a jab cancel I can work with.

peoples grab speeds vary wildly btw.

Judo777

Smash Master
is there anyway to like put kenny on ignore for me? his posts just waste my time.

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
I lol'd. I find it hard to believe anyone would take HSotD seriously when you consider who wrote/drew it. Inazuma's awesome though.

sheikamaru

jive
i got up and left after seeing that animation.... i was so pissed....
soz that was my post.. i forgot i was on a friends acc. but yea.. i'm considering picking up fox as a secondary. my friends were telling my i had the reaction time to play him seeing as i play sheik. and you wanna know something funny? i'm all prepped to go to a recent hobo tourney last week thinking that mk and snake are beatable. so i read up on their match ups like crazy just to end up going there and falling to illmatic... a "peach" player... he's b tier in the tx power rankings but not using that as johns.. man i felt so terrible. and then i ended up falling to a lucario afterwards. my usual dmg racker is my jabs and tilts. the lucario would perfectly sdi behind my sheik and dair me which hurt a lot and the peach was... untouchable T-T damn i'm such a rookie..

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
They're hard MUs if you lean on ftilt or strings that are several hits naturally.

btw which Lucario? If it's Trela, that's pretty forgiveable lol, although even RT is "decent" enough to be an excuse if you're a newer player.

Tewx2

Smash Ace
Sheik ***** Peach. But Lucario is stupid.

Some tips for lucario. Get the first kill and leave him at 0. Be really patient and make him approach you. Jump and crouch over aura spheres with your back turned to him so u can bair if he gets too close. If u can catch him charging aura spheres pop off some needles. Save your dsmash nair and uair for killing. If u can get the tippered smash kill take it. But don't force it. Fair and bair OoS are good for punishing dairs and can set up into jabs and ftilts.

Vs Peach just remember that's she's a horrible character. That's the secret. Just no fear 100% balls in vs her and it'll be fine.

Trela mad good though

Top Bottom