• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Active Player Thread: Ones who does not have Triforce can't go in

sheikamaru

jive
Sheik ***** Peach. But Lucario is stupid.

Some tips for lucario. Get the first kill and leave him at 0. Be really patient and make him approach you. Jump and crouch over aura spheres with your back turned to him so u can bair if he gets too close. If u can catch him charging aura spheres pop off some needles. Save your dsmash nair and uair for killing. If u can get the tippered smash kill take it. But don't force it. Fair and bair OoS are good for punishing dairs and can set up into jabs and ftilts.

Vs Peach just remember that's she's a horrible character. That's the secret. Just no fear 100% balls in vs her and it'll be fine.

Trela mad good though
i dunno about the peach though... she was mad aggressive too.. and when i tried jabbing or tilting i'd get nair'd which through me off my game... T_T plus she has that free 40% dmg on you.. i think it's like 2 dairs and finishes off w/ an uptilt b/c her float auto cancels :(

Tewx2

Smash Ace
Trust me on the Peach advice man. Like if she's ground float dairing you. Just remember that that's been vulnerable since early 08. If you're the one going balls in, then peach isn't gonna be able to put you into situations where she can actually do things. Peach ***** Sheik if you let her. So don't.

sheikamaru

jive
hmmm i guess it just boils down to the mind set then. i get overwhelmed whenever i go against a top player.. i need to quit that...

Judo777

Smash Master
Kilik don't let his trolling fool you. Peach is actually a pretty tough MU for sheik. Btw dair to nair is safe on shield VS everyone. Like no frames to punish what so ever. Pretty sure she has frame advantage. Just don't try to punish it and try to avoid that situation (which is the words of a bad MU lol). If she dairs ur shield and goes for another dair you can usmash OoS her but if she nairs you take the hit.

Gimping peach is hard but the secret is to take away her float. Then use needles or w/e to force her to up B. You can perfectly time invincibility to ledge hog her below 100% but its hard. If she over shoots the ledge a little with up b just drop and tether.

sheikamaru

jive
lol thanks :p i'll keep that in mind. up smash oos... hmm... i get caught up in the action i don't think when she's stomping down on my sheild w/ her dair. do you know if we trade hits if she nairs when i'm going for the usmash or what? and i'll be trying my hardest to gimp peach's recovery too.. it sounds so easy to do but hard to pull off

Judo777

Smash Master
lol thanks :p i'll keep that in mind. up smash oos... hmm... i get caught up in the action i don't think when she's stomping down on my sheild w/ her dair. do you know if we trade hits if she nairs when i'm going for the usmash or what? and i'll be trying my hardest to gimp peach's recovery too.. it sounds so easy to do but hard to pull off
No no if she nairs you don't trade you just get hit lol. But if she trys to dair instead you can Usmash her. Its a guessing game that hurts when you guess wrong lol. Dair > nair isn't reasonably beatable by sheik. But dair > dair is.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
What Tutu is saying has nothing to do with morale and everything to do with the fact that he refuses to admit that the Peach matchup isn't in our favor.

-Cross-

Smash Ace
I ROFL'd so hard after watching that.

soz that was my post.. i forgot i was on a friends acc. but yea.. i'm considering picking up fox as a secondary. my friends were telling my i had the reaction time to play him seeing as i play sheik. and you wanna know something funny? i'm all prepped to go to a recent hobo tourney last week thinking that mk and snake are beatable. so i read up on their match ups like crazy just to end up going there and falling to illmatic... a "peach" player... he's b tier in the tx power rankings but not using that as johns.. man i felt so terrible. and then i ended up falling to a lucario afterwards. my usual dmg racker is my jabs and tilts. the lucario would perfectly sdi behind my sheik and dair me which hurt a lot and the peach was... untouchable T-T damn i'm such a rookie..
Reaction time is not a reason to pick up a character. Reaction time is like a nice bonus, but in competitive gaming, anticipation, then reacting > just reacting. Pick up a character you like to play, but don't pick up Fox for fast reaction time. Might as well just pick MK if anything. But I know your pain, knowing you are a noob is rough. But it gives a lot of motivation to improve, even now I'm not great but I get into mid-placings even with the few tourneys I attend. If you attend more tourneys, you will definitely get much better, and you lost to two good players depending on the Lucario player but Ill is a really good Peach, so don't get too discouraged.

sheikamaru

jive
Reaction time is not a reason to pick up a character. Reaction time is like a nice bonus, but in competitive gaming, anticipation, then reacting > just reacting. Pick up a character you like to play, but don't pick up Fox for fast reaction time. Might as well just pick MK if anything. But I know your pain, knowing you are a noob is rough. But it gives a lot of motivation to improve, even now I'm not great but I get into mid-placings even with the few tourneys I attend. If you attend more tourneys, you will definitely get much better, and you lost to two good players depending on the Lucario player but Ill is a really good Peach, so don't get too discouraged.[/QUOTE]

well yea of course. my friends just mentioned that it would be a good idea to pick up a secondary at the least. they said i liked fast chars so fox would be cool. i considered fox on my own too. i posted the only fox vid i have on the fox boards still waiting for criticism but yea. i'm not letting it get to me. i just need more match up knowledge that's all.

About the HSotD animation, I was laughing because if that bullet travels at something like 2000 feet per second, to go through an inch space between both breasts, those breasts must have been flapping like crazy if that was sped up lol
No no if she nairs you don't trade you just get hit lol. But if she trys to dair instead you can Usmash her. Its a guessing game that hurts when you guess wrong lol. Dair > nair isn't reasonably beatable by sheik. But dair > dair is.
I thought you could just grab the Nair hit. Provided you do it fast enough to avoid the shield push. Besides, why not just roll away from her once she starts float Dairing your shield. She cannot punish rolls very easily unless she has a turnip in hand. Dash attack can work, but you can DI the 2nd hit.

Tewx2

Smash Ace
I'm not even trolling. I fully agree that the key to the MU is not getting put in situations where we cant do anything, and Sheik does that well vs Peach. Just be super aggro.

@Ankoku- Its cheating to be that objective.

KenniSpam!

Smash Master
There's a pic that explains the physics of matrix boobs... Ill try to post it later

they move at something like 700 m/s lololol

Judo777

Smash Master
About the HSotD animation, I was laughing because if that bullet travels at something like 2000 feet per second, to go through an inch space between both breasts, those breasts must have been flapping like crazy if that was sped up lol

I thought you could just grab the Nair hit. Provided you do it fast enough to avoid the shield push. Besides, why not just roll away from her once she starts float Dairing your shield. She cannot punish rolls very easily unless she has a turnip in hand. Dash attack can work, but you can DI the 2nd hit.
Well most peaches nair you and land behind you so you can't and I think her jab might beat our grab even OoS. Idk if rolling is an option or not. Gotta be careful not to be hit during rolls startup tho.

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
you can punish peach's dair on sheild with nair OOS.

peach is a hard match up.

Kyon.

-Cross-

Smash Ace
If peach lands with dair properly, you will have very little time to punish, but if she is still in the air, you really have to know when the last dair will hit, because in reality dair only has like 2-3 frames shield stun, but it takes more frames for the person to input a punishment option if he does not anticipate the timing of the last hitbox of peach's dair.

Judo777

Smash Master
No i thought I looked this up an i was right. If she auto-cancels it properly she has -3 frame advantage on shield. Her nair comes out frame 3 so that give us 6 frames to punish. Grab comes out 6 frames OoS (which is our fastest OoS option) but she is too high too grab. Nair comes out 7 frames OoS ( 4 frames of jump squat animation). Sheik cannot punish Dair > Nair with anything but grab and that's only if we can shield grab. So peach Dair > Nairing behind us is unpunishable.

Judo777

Smash Master
if she is auto canceling it she isn't in the air though judo.
*facepalm* I totally knew that........ lol

Btw i was mistaken however. Sheiks jump squat is actually 5 frame. I think shield drop is 7 which means OoS nair only comes out 1 frame faster than shield drop jab.

Also tho you have to be careful because while we can punish with OoS nair with i think 4 frames to spare that is assuming we are able to hit her with nair the frame the hitbox comes out. If she is a good ways above us we may get stuffed anyway unless we can make up the required distance in 4 frames. Idk if i like those odds or not.

lmao Kenny That's too funny trying to envision movement that fast on a human body xD

Well Judo, if you get punished for doing it multiple times, probably best to stop doing to punish it for that set your playing against peach.

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
full hop nair will always hit peach out of dair unless she is out of range horizontally. fair and bair options should work as well though.

-Mars-

Smash Hero
Tourny today.. gonna play some other characters besides Sheik and see how I do

Top Bottom