• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Active Player Thread: Ones who does not have Triforce can't go in

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
It started with you claiming that Sheik beats ICs who don't grab.
you can actually create situation where diddy and popo have trouble using nanas though. :)

pika just go zelda till you are above the chain percent and then kill him. everything about pika screams combo me to sheik.

Renki

Smash Journeyman
I think ICs are far worse than pika. I actually think pika is managable to an extent. You have to run like a pansy though.

Tewx2

Smash Ace
Sheik ***** pikachu. Just dont get grabbed before 50. I mean you could just go to Smashville and never get off the moving platform. A smart pikachu will strike it though lol.

@ankoku I meant that if you avoid getting grabbed vs ICs they dont beat us nearly as bad.

Judo777

Smash Master
you can actually create situation where diddy and popo have trouble using nanas though. :)

pika just go zelda till you are above the chain percent and then kill him. everything about pika screams combo me to sheik.
HAHA i see what ya did thar!!!!! lol

also <3's strategy is best honestly. You can try and avoid pika til 50% but unless you are comfortable combating pika up close without getting grabbed its a losing battle.

Think about if you got on smashvilles moving platform. You are attempting to stay there til you are above 50%. However if pika realizes this he can just uair you once to get the lead then just wait below you. You can't force pika to approach without a % lead so in a sense you are trying to maintain a % lead by not fighting pikachu, WHILE taking damage which just isn't reasonable. You are trying to maintain a percent lead to force him to approach while taking 50% and not fighting close until then.

Zelda is ur best bet for real.

Renki

Smash Journeyman
Sheik ***** pikachu. Just dont get grabbed before 50. I mean you could just go to Smashville and never get off the moving platform. A smart pikachu will strike it though lol.

@ankoku I meant that if you avoid getting grabbed vs ICs they dont beat us nearly as bad.
I actually agree. As long as you have a plat, you're pretty much okay.

My problem with ICs is that I start the match by running away(i.e. hanging on a plat), then I get pressured with u-airs(twice), and then the damage starts to rack up and I panic. After I start taking like 30-40% and they're still @ 0, I start to fear I'm falling too far behind and I need to start taking risks. :\

Tewx2

Smash Ace
Whenever I play nonanther pikachus (I say nonanther because I haven't played anther on smashville with the intent to stay on the plat until 50%) they take more damage than I do when they try uairing through the plat. I feel like it shouldn't go that way... But it does, perhaps due to an error between the chair and the controller. But in all honesty if you have the patience to take the game to time, the other person is likely to resume approaching. And if they don't, just chip away with needles. Or take it to like 30 seconds left and then damage rack him hard. You could even just do like 10 seconds left since he'll at most have a 40 some percent lead.

Also I'm not sure about this but I think you can punish a shielded uair with drop down fair/nair.

Every time I tried the Zelda strat vs Anther I would get thunder'd or thunder 2'd or fully charge usmashed into a follow up thunder after I transformed. My point being you have to be able to at least go even with Zelda while you are her... But if you can do that why even bother going Sheik at all?

EDIT: I looked at the frame data for pikachu Uair Is active on frames 3-8 ends on frame 27 there's a 5 frame disadvantage on Sheild for him. (7 frames added cooldown for him, 2 frames of shield stun for us) so there's 24 frames of vulnerability. I think Shield drop is like 8 frames? I don't know how fast dropping from the platform is so imma just guess 5. There's still 10 frames of vulnerability and nair comes out on frame 3, fair on frame 5. So it should be punishable. I think that's how frame data works, I'm not sure though.

Judo777

Smash Master
Whenever I play nonanther pikachus (I say nonanther because I haven't played anther on smashville with the intent to stay on the plat until 50%) they take more damage than I do when they try uairing through the plat. I feel like it shouldn't go that way... But it does, perhaps due to an error between the chair and the controller. But in all honesty if you have the patience to take the game to time, the other person is likely to resume approaching. And if they don't, just chip away with needles. Or take it to like 30 seconds left and then damage rack him hard. You could even just do like 10 seconds left since he'll at most have a 40 some percent lead.

Also I'm not sure about this but I think you can punish a shielded uair with drop down fair/nair.

Every time I tried the Zelda strat vs Anther I would get thunder'd or thunder 2'd or fully charge usmashed into a follow up thunder after I transformed. My point being you have to be able to at least go even with Zelda while you are her... But if you can do that why even bother going Sheik at all?

EDIT: I looked at the frame data for pikachu Uair Is active on frames 3-8 ends on frame 27 there's a 5 frame disadvantage on Sheild for him. (7 frames added cooldown for him, 2 frames of shield stun for us) so there's 24 frames of vulnerability. I think Shield drop is like 8 frames? I don't know how fast dropping from the platform is so imma just guess 5. There's still 10 frames of vulnerability and nair comes out on frame 3, fair on frame 5. So it should be punishable. I think that's how frame data works, I'm not sure though.
no there is definitely no way to punish pikas uair on shield from above like that. falling through the plat would be like 15 frames plus whatever amount you have to fall. No way on earth

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
its way easier to avoid the pika grab than the IC grab IMO. nana always grabs me some how when she should be in hit stun or sheild stun she will grab be when I'm behind her and other very silly situations. If nana couldn't grab this game would be so much better.

Buuman

Smash Ace

Dabuz

Fraud at Smash
fox and yoshi...using shiek for those two is soooo much easier than using olimar :X like, i can double 3 stock a fox with sheik in a minute due to ftilt...with olimar its like a real match xD Yoshi is just a joke with sheik because dash attack and needles=75% of the MU on sheik's side

Judo777

Smash Master
fox and yoshi...using shiek for those two is soooo much easier than using olimar :X like, i can double 3 stock a fox with sheik in a minute due to ftilt...with olimar its like a real match xD Yoshi is just a joke with sheik because dash attack and needles=75% of the MU on sheik's side
Awww you cheater! lol playing easy MU's with Sheik!!! haha

#HBC | Scary

Hype Incarnate
NNID
ScaryLB59
Can't make ##### you guys........

Problems with college and very dumb policies are likely gonna force me home, which is very lame. Only way to fix is too magically come up with $520 to buy myself a month of rent and a month of time to find a good enough job to keep churning out enough $$$ to stay in Tampa. Then find excess $$$$ and time to make #####.

SO LAME!!!!!

Also.....what happened to that stage discussion thread? I was really enjoying that thread and I started practicing on all those stages so that if I get CP'ed, I feel more comfy. C'mon......enough dead Sheik boards lol. I really dunno what will spark anything though so I'm kinda contributing to the deadness. I lurk too much lol.

KenniSpam!

Smash Master
Major Disadvantage
Bad
Even
Good
Major Advantage
Sheik always wins

Mario: 55
Luigi: 45
Peach: 50
Bowser: 65
Yoshi: 55
Wario: 50
Link: 65
Toon Link: 55
Zelda: 65
Sheik: 100
Ganondorf: 70
Pikachu (sheik alone): 30
Pikachu (shelda): 45
Jigglypuff: 60
Lucario: 50
Pokemon Trainer: 60
Kirby: 45
Meta Knight: 45
King DeDeDe: 50
Ness: 55
Lucas: 55
Ice Climbers: 35
Marth: 45
Ike: 60
Pit: 50
Olimar: 50
Captain Falcon: 65
Mr. Game & Watch: 50
R.O.B.: 55
Samus: 55
ZSS: 45
Fox: 65
Falco: 50
Wolf: 55 (kain bias)
Donkey Kong: 55
Diddy Kong: 45
Snake: 50
Sonic: 55

not trolling at all

Judo777

Smash Master
Major Disadvantage
Bad
Even
Good
Major Advantage
Sheik always wins

not trolling at all
Ganon is way worse than that. And peach is not even either. Also IC's are worse than pika.

sheikamaru

jive
ss in this case meaning

sheiks s-ok tier
i'm ok w/ that too lol :D

i think we should have a thread of our recent tournaments of the sheiks on this boards to see everyones developments and what not. or if not placed well we could discuss it and come up w/ strategies for next time :D

-Mars-

Smash Hero
You guys are dumb. People post MU discussions or other threads and you guys either don't post at all or you post like a one sentence post with no substance in it. Then you guys complain about the baord being dead.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Major Disadvantage
Bad
Even
Good
Major Advantage
Sheik always wins

not trolling at all
Am I the reason Lucario and Link are the ratios they are?

-Mars-

Smash Hero
I agree with the Link ratio. Sheik absolutely destroys him.

Lucario beats SHeik rather soundly however.

sheikamaru

jive
if sheik was from the future she would be holly summers

i dunno who that is...she sounds very familiar though o.o

You guys are dumb. People post MU discussions or other threads and you guys either don't post at all or you post like a one sentence post with no substance in it. Then you guys complain about the baord being dead.
define dead b/c whenever i check the board after posting there's a few new comments or so to read o.o and i just now realized your avatar was jayz and said the blueprint13 after closer inspection lol

i'm ok w/ that too lol :D

i think we should have a thread of our recent tournaments of the sheiks on this boards to see everyones developments and what not. or if not placed well we could discuss it and come up w/ strategies for next time :D
truth.

sheikamaru

jive
she has a rifle for a right leg....o.o i've never played either nmh1 or 2 o.o i watched a friend play the second installment though. it's pretty......repetitive :Db

Top Bottom