• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Active Player Thread: Ones who does not have Triforce can't go in

Heartstring

Smash Legend
never used sheik in tourney, im just at a too lower standard for her to be useful sadly :(
i attend every tournament in england...but there was like...5 all of last year, theres gonna be more this time fo sho

Tewx2

Smash Ace
I just went at all Sheik at the tourny yesterday.

Got 9th. The only thing I did that was semi noticeable was beat an ICs main in round 1 loser's.

o, and for the as for the few tournaments before, although I used Falco, almost all my wins came from Sheik lol.

KenniSpam!

Smash Master
i derped at my tourney yesterday

lost W1 to dla's mk with sheik and mk
beat random pika L1 with shelda
beat meneil L2 with sheik
lost L3 to yoshq with sheik and mk

:(

well my only wins came from sheik i guess

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
rofl. so i guess it has stayed the same. looks like i could still get top 10 in a norcal tournament e-z even though i havent been to one in 2 years.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
like what? i still watch videos of top players and stuff in tournaments and a lot of concepts have remained the same, the top ppl are just gettin better still. ppl are doin that platform cancel stuff consistently ahhhh i still have to learn that

sheikamaru

jive
yea i just recently found out about that. but... it seems that you can only do it on moving platforms like.... sv or pits stage

Judo777

Smash Master
how is it performed again?
jump through a plat. You can short cut and just dair, or you can hold down on the analog and do any aerial. I said short cut because jumping and hitting down on the cstick works but i prefer holding analog down and doing fairs and bairs just to be safe if i whiff.

#HBC | Scary

Hype Incarnate
NNID
ScaryLB59
I think I'mma strangle some ppl over on Miles' thread. It's becoming so funny over there.

@Judo: From that thread, I agree that it's toss up between us. If you had to make a 5, who'd be on it? Honest curiosity. Atm, I think the 5 right now is solid but it never hurts to have a 2nd opinion.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
You can also hit down on the control stick to instant-land without using any aerials.

And the timing is somewhat strict, yeah.

Judo777

Smash Master
I think I'mma strangle some ppl over on Miles' thread. It's becoming so funny over there.

@Judo: From that thread, I agree that it's toss up between us. If you had to make a 5, who'd be on it? Honest curiosity. Atm, I think the 5 right now is solid but it never hurts to have a 2nd opinion.
Um Like its hard to base on activity but I would guess something along the lines of.

1. Me or you
2. the other
3. <3 tho idk how active he is, maybe tutu
4. the other
5. Mars maybe?

I dont honestly know cause I have never met any of you nor played any similar people. The only common ground I have with a sheik is tutu wher i have played some of the people he has, and I have played someone who plays kenni. My region isn't as large as some others (although I do think my region is very good, tho im biased)

-Mars-

Smash Hero
Lol not to meatride Chok, but ever since the game came out.....Champ & Chok have been top 3 Sheiks as far as im concerned.

Their not active, but when I went to Cali I talked to a lot of players and they all were singing praises for both of them.

I've also jacked sooo much of Choks playstyle its not even funny lol.

As for me, i've never placed out of the top 5 in my state.

Got out of pools and placed 33rd at a large Cali regional.

*shrugs*

Renki

Smash Journeyman
This is a question of honest curiosity, but outside of X, who in Utah is really good? I mean, -national- good?

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
haha well i've played the same since the like 2009, i used to hop on aib every now and then to keep my playstyle up to date. i've been really into melee rather than doing the both games lately, but i'm sure i could catch up to what's good again. i hear judo and ed are mad good, but the sheik i've been most impressed with is still earth hehe.

-Mars-

Smash Hero
This is a question of honest curiosity, but outside of X, who in Utah is really good? I mean, -national- good?
Um define "national" for me. There's only like 25 players in the U.S. who have a realistic chance of winning a national....and mostly all of them come from NY/NJ, Cali, TX...with like 3 from FL and like 2 from the midwest.

Renki

Smash Journeyman
Um define "national" for me. There's only like 25 players in the U.S. who have a realistic chance of winning a national....and mostly all of them come from NY/NJ, Cali, TX...with like 3 from FL and like 2 from the midwest.
My apologies, it was rather vague. I was inquiring on who's regularly attending tournaments you always place top5 at least in. Like, besides X, is everyone else is your level or better than you, etc?

Top Bottom