• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Active Player Thread: Ones who does not have Triforce can't go in

-Mars-

Smash Hero
Oh ok. There's about 8 players in Utah that I would consider "good".

X is our best but he frequently loses to Yaz (MK), and Yaz places top 5 whenever he goes to Vegas.

X's brother Lada was considered a top 5 Rob on the Rob boards for a while and X & Lada got 1st in teams in Vegas last summer beating SK92 and FOW.

Then we have X's other brother Staz(Falco/Wario), Sinz (Snake), XDDD (MK/Wolf), and DRyu (Diddy).

and its Utah so a couple of our other good players are currently on missions.

So yea after the top 2 placers the rest of the bracket is usually different every tournament.

-Mars-

Smash Hero
Ya Wangston gets back this summer iirc and Kenny gets back in october or november. Rade left only last year and Yaz is supposed to get his mission call any day now:(

-Mars-

Smash Hero
So yea I ask again is there anyway to block kenny's messages for me? Because they always waste my time.
Click on his name, click view public profile, click the drop down arrow on "user lists", and then their will be an ignore option.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
no wonder sheik is such a cruddy character. half of the best players are massive trolls and dont do anything to further the character.

Tewx2

Smash Ace
Sheik boards doesn't have any trolls that fall under the "best players" catagory. Although its somewhat hard to advance a metagame with a total of 7 active players across the nation :/

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
no wonder sheik is such a cruddy character. half of the best players are massive trolls and dont do anything to further the character.
Either that or you're gullible enough to be convinced by Kenni that he's one of the best Sheik players.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
kenni is decent, i played him randomly on aib like a year ago

some day id like to play light, judo, ed (who's "ed" on smashboards?) and stuff

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
My activity is pretty much limited to being on the boards. I've played Brawl less than I've played Melee lately, and I play Melee less than once a week.

-Mars-

Smash Hero
Most character boards only have 7-10 posters......Sheik is just in the unfortunate position of having 7-10 active tournament players.

At least most of us that go to tournaments come here to share ideas and whatnot.

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
Oh, I'm still idling around. I've got a Diddy Ava 'cause I wanted to try maining him out but I got bored and went back to the characters I want to work on. Mario and Sheik.

iLight

Smash Lord
i'll probably hit up more tournaments in the summer after im doing paying for school/the loan i took out this semester

aso, anyone else notice the feature smashboards added at the bottom of the page to find all those lurkers in our threads =]

saviorslegacy

My avater is not a Sheik avatar.
so has the metagame changed at all in the past year? :p ahahah.
I left at the end of 09 and when I came back it seemed like nothing had changed. Susa and I left and came back at the same time and he said nothing changed as well.
Next year this game will probably still be the same. A few people will get better at different characters and turn a few heads at tournies like a Ness I just recently heard of.
Thing is, everything was pretty much discovered in 08 and it is pointless to keep on trying to progress in a game that the makers designed for n00bs and new players.... not people who want to take it to the limit.

Anyways.... I'm in the Navy now to be a physical therapist... more than likely for the Marine Corps.
Someone please take Sheik to a tourney and win with her, because I can't do that part anymore.

Judo777

Smash Master
I left at the end of 09 and when I came back it seemed like nothing had changed. Susa and I left and came back at the same time and he said nothing changed as well.
Next year this game will probably still be the same. A few people will get better at different characters and turn a few heads at tournies like a Ness I just recently heard of.
Thing is, everything was pretty much discovered in 08 and it is pointless to keep on trying to progress in a game that the makers designed for n00bs and new players.... not people who want to take it to the limit.

Anyways.... I'm in the Navy now to be a physical therapist... more than likely for the Marine Corps.
Someone please take Sheik to a tourney and win with her, because I can't do that part anymore.
People act as if the metagame for each character is like completely separate from brawls overall metagame. Brawls metagame has changed quite a bit in the last year IMO and people have been learning new applications for old ideas. And we have at the same been finding new ways to use those general tricks with our characters.

AT's are not the same thing as metagame. Its just general concepts. I have made my sheiks metagame change drastically in the past year and I don't think it would be safe to say that alot of what i do was being done over a year ago.

-Mars-

Smash Hero
So i'm going to Genesis this summer and also S.I.N. 3. Probably not going to make it to WHOBO 3.

Let's get out to some tournaments guys!

Top Bottom