• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Active Player Thread: Ones who does not have Triforce can't go in

sheikamaru

jive
i haven't played it teh :C butt.. when i do my team is felicia/spiderman/deadpoool.. i need to find someone w/ the gameeeeeeeee.....

Judo777

Smash Master
Well heres the thing we already think Rob sheik is slight advantage for Rob. Rob boards had zelda at even then switched her to slight advantage for Rob. So your telling me that you don't think using Zelda has any significant influence on the MU.

PS when i play robs they never live past 120%. And getting rob to 100% is so easy cause hes fat.

-Mars-

Smash Hero
I heard Sentinel is broken in that game and J. Wong was the only non-Sent user who did well at a tournament or something.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
not true, there were a few solid non sent teams but it was like

1. jwong
2. sent team
3. sent team
4. sent team
5. no sent team
6. sent team.

soemthing liek that

#HBC | Scary

Hype Incarnate
NNID
ScaryLB59
Well heres the thing we already think Rob sheik is slight advantage for Rob. Rob boards had zelda at even then switched her to slight advantage for Rob. So your telling me that you don't think using Zelda has any significant influence on the MU.

PS when i play robs they never live past 120%. And getting rob to 100% is so easy cause hes fat.
Well here's the thing, I usually play this MU strictly Zelda, so although the possibility to kill hilariously early is there, I usually have to tack on another 10% or so. I imagine if you combine our extensive MU knowledge upon rob, it should add up to even.

Rob does well against both Zelda and Sheik and can gimp. Gimps aside, I really think both MUs are even no problem. Just gotta account for something that rob should be able to do decently. It is nice we take his living attribute away.

Personally, to me, both are even but they have a little more room for error, hence the slight disadvantage. Only of the slightest kind though.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
This is what people we're saying when Brawl came out.

MK/Snake aren't that good.....give it time. If only we knew......
no, ppl were saying this only bout snake. took quite a few months before meta became the best char

jwong's wolverine ***** sentinel

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
EC tournament on Wednesday was something like
1. Spencer/Akuma/Haggar
2. Magneto/Akuma/Sentinel
3. Sentinel/Doctor Doom/Magneto
4. Storm/Sentinel/Deadpool

Who the hell cares about everyone using Sentinel, though? You pick a team of three, not one. The entire MvC series has been made up of a bunch of broken characters and MvC3 is no different. At least we're not seeing people use the same teams as each other yet.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
truedatz about mvc series

ppl exaggerate that only 4 characters were viable in mvc2

id say there were at least 7

even that much provides for interesting variety lol.

mvc3 is showing much more than that in its early stages

sheikamaru

jive
i played mvc3 friday and saturday.. my official team consists of felicia, viewtiful joe and... maybe ryu or spiderman.. i'm still learning the game.. it was the first time i played it too since it came out. and i think phoenix imo is broken.. she has an ult that heals here when she dmgs you.... omfg.. it's so stupid...

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
heheh, if its broken, use it :D

thats always been the way to play in mahvel!

the problem with phoenix/dark phoenix is they get 100% so easily after one hit confirm. pros say she is pretty good but u just have to be so consistently on point. glass cannon characters are usually like that

Judo777

Smash Master
Lost to a ROB in tourney today. Need some help with the matchup.
jab him once you get close he doesn't have an answer for it. Look for ftilt oppertunities because robs get ftilt locked hard. Needles can catch him if hes lazy with his camp game. Juggle him since he has a huge telegraph on the startup of his moves. Just try and keep him in the air like hes snake to get some extra free damage. Once hes at 100% either land a dsmash, or take a hit trying and use that to transform. Transform jumping is one of our best ways to safely transform. Once Zelda play her correctly and space/use dins to force reactions and look for oppertunites to fsmash his shield. Once you have fsmashed it once. Run in and Usmash since it will shield poke him if you landed the fsmash.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
i played mvc3 friday and saturday.. my official team consists of felicia, viewtiful joe and... maybe ryu or spiderman.. i'm still learning the game.. it was the first time i played it too since it came out. and i think phoenix imo is broken.. she has an ult that heals here when she dmgs you.... omfg.. it's so stupid...
I'm not sure how a super that heals you when you deal damage is going to help on a character that dies to a single combo from most of the cast.

Top Bottom