• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official [ACT] Thread: Dancing Blade Aug 18th, Ultimate Wednesday Nights!

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
what is this bird b@stard doing here?

oi guys go into the thriller thread and do shoutouts!

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
yeah isaac said he wants to do one this weekend, details pending...

also thursday morning 1030am till 3 pm, day meet at mine!

Throwback

Smash Lord
Well done to all you ACT Hooligans, wish I could have gone so your placings looked even better.

There's going to be Pie this saturday night, I'm thinking that for the 'tourney' (and I use the term loosely), I might make it so you can't use the same character twice, unless you have already used every other character. What do you guys think/who can make it/suggestions for something else.

Silfa

Smash Ace
I like the sound of that idea Isaac.

Would it mean you would have to change characters each match or just every (pool) set? What ever it will be, it sounds like fun.

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
I reckon you should go with that idea, but rather then having to use every charcter before you can use another one again, you should have 5 characters, and you can only use them once per match untill you've used them all, and then repeat that cycle, also only one of the 5 can be high tier

so for me I'd pick snake first match, then I'd have to use fox, luigi, ganon and mario before I could use snake again.

Throwback

Smash Lord
My idea was within a set you could only use a character for 1 game.

Luke your idea sounds good but you need to clarify if your '5 characters' count starts at 0 in each set? I'm guessing it continues on from previous games you have played?

Anyway we will use one of the 2 rules above this saturday, whichever people like more.

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
sweet, good to have you around again cheese, come to more stuff, act is becoming a **** good scene,

also yeah, it was just 5 cycled, changing to 3 and reseting at the start of a set could work too.

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
a missed thats what she said oppurtunity?

anyways I've thought up some draft rules, let me know what you guys think

we'll play a single pool round robin where everyone plays everyone, total of 3 matches (not to be confused with best of 3), you can only use each character once per opponent, further more, to prevent super gay counterpicking, you must select the 3 chars that you'll be using at the very start of the tourney and cant change...

first match is double blind, then winner picks his next char first, then loser, so there is still an element of counterpicking...

as for stages, we'll have a 5 or 7 starter list, and before each match, strikeing will occur.

top 2 go through to a best of 5 set with normal rules and no character limitations, excpet that I cant use snake.

hows that sound?

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
yeah I noticed that after you said I was slipping

let me partially redeem myself

Wow luke you're really slipping.
thats what she said

You should be allowed to use snake, since Nanda can beat you. Four times in a row, amirite?!!
nah four times was just the warmup, but boy, he sure can beat my snake hard allright!

and dont worry, I got nanda back ;)
even though theres no way I can beat him without snake...

Scabe

Successful Businessman
You'd think that because I use a low tier character that I'd kick butt with a higher tier. But it's totally not true :urg:, it will be interesting to see how I do though.

...Ellipsis...

Smash Lord
I would wreck all you one character scrubs. Seriously use the same system for a larger touranment and I'll be there for sure. (You only get one chance Luke.)

...Ellipsis...

Smash Lord
Lol I'd take you Luke, your Luigi's got nuting on my DK and your fox ain't what it used to be. Also I think you use your Snake to much...

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
Also I think you use your Snake to much...
thats what she said.
you wont catch me napping this time buddy ;)

also luigi v dk is a 50 50 matchup that I have exp in and you dont ;)

and my fox has never been good, but I'm slowly getting there.

plus you are forgetting my hi ougi, I can trick you into counterpicking halberd (arguebly the best stage for all 3 of my chars lol) fufufufufu

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
lol you like it, I love it

ok cheese, probs finishing earlier then 3 since I gotta drive nanda home by the looks of it.
however, scabe may want to take you all back to his place when I go to work, so it could very well extend much further

Nanda

Smash Ace
my keys are in queanbeyan with the postman dood. So, I might wait at home for a bit until it comes. I think it arrived in canberra at 6 am so it should be hear soon.
Dont worry bout taking me back home.
[edit]
NVM keys have arrived

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
so I realized that having a toureny on the 25th is a little short notice for out of state attendance, and also the venue were busy and unsure if they could host us, so I've booked one for sunday the 9th of may, and on the 25th we'll do a house tourney, probably at mine.

get hype

Top Bottom