• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official [ACT] Thread: Dancing Blade Aug 18th, Ultimate Wednesday Nights!

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
thats a shame cheese, but at least we'll be seeing you at business time, come to heaps of meets to get your skill up, you've got mad potential

Throwback

Smash Lord
can't come to the 25th also, I'm OoS (out of shield).

....can you do worse? I don't think so.

Anyway luke your rules are getting complicated. Now, we'll probably play them because I'm sure they make sense to you, but I would also like to float another suggestion:

Everyone has an imaginary 'points' score, starting at 0. Every game you play with a mid-tier character, your 'points score' increases by 10. Every game you play with a low-tier, your points score increases by 20. And every game you play with a high-tier, you PAY 20 points. Obviously if you don't have 20 points, you can't play high-tier.

Optional: Every time you play MK/Snake you pay 30 points

Edit: I originally wanted to post to say kel & I are both sick, if we're still crook 2moro there will be no Pie. Stay tuned.

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
... intresting, how does winning and losing affect points, and what do the points affect?

either way, the final ruleset say is up to you, not me.

and can you make it to business time?

also what time are we starting tomorrow?

edit- I'll probably show up around 8/9/10 tomorrow, I have stuff to do before hand, sorry to people who wanted lifts

and if Isaac cancels, I'll probs run something during the day on sunday.

Nanda

Smash Ace
How bout this:

Play a high tier, get one point.
Play a Mid tier, get two points.
Play a Low tier, get three points.

Win with high tier, get 3 points
Win with mid tier, get 4 points
Win with low tier, get 5 points

Winner is the person with most points at the end.
Round Robin
2 matches against every opponent.

Yes?? No??

Nanda

Smash Ace
If he wins his matches then yes, he will probably win.

Ill give people a quick rundown of how it might work.

8 people attend.
someone wins all 8 of their sets (im changing it to sets now) with a high tier char. they get 8 points for using the high tier 8 times and 24 points for winning all 8 of their matches with a high tier.
Total points 32

Someone loses all of their sets with a low tier, they get 24 points for using a low tier but 0 points for losing all their matches.

So in the end, it encourages people to play with low tiers but doesn't cripple people who only play High tiers... well it kinda does but this is just a draft ruleset
[edit]
This is still quite biased but you get the basic gist of what im trying to go for

Nanda

Smash Ace
Double post

Screw the participation points, that just means that by playing a low tier all the time (in 8 matches) you would get 24 points which is equal to winning 8 times with a high tier lolol.

the other part of my ruleset still stands

Nanda

Smash Ace
Win with high tier 1 point
Win with Mid tier 1.5 points
Win with low tier 2 points

(All wins)
High tier only points total - 8 > 7 > 6 > 5 > 4 >3 > 2 > 1
Mid tier only points total - 12 - 10.5 > 9 > 7.5 > 6 > 4.5 > 3 > 1.5
Low Tier only points total - 16 > 14 > 12 > 10 > 8 > 6 > 4 > 2

Assuming that that people stick with one character only, if someone who played a low tier char won 6 matches (out of 8), a person who mains high tiers cannot beat them. If they win 7 matches, then someone who only plays mid cannot beat them.
I think this is pretty fair.

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
its definently an intresting system, and one that I can agree on.

I've always felt it somewhat unfair with higher tier characters, yet people seem to ignore that for the sake of 'competativness', yet how can something unfair be competative

I really like it, the only flaw is if someone rolls face with a high tier and wins every match theres still a chance they wont win, but nandas system is probably the best we'll get.

as for me, I'll be using a mixture of high and mid.

C~Dog

Smash Champion
I think it's okay if someone can win every match they play as a high tier and still lose, as it gives an extra incentive to play a mid/low tier character.

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
also, how does everyone feel about me hosting another tourney on the 3rd weekend after business time, out of staters?

Throwback

Smash Lord
problem with nanda's system is that you can't really do brackets/double elim stuff with it. Otherwise it's pretty good.

edit: Luke, for my idea you play regular brackets/swiss/round robin as normal, but the characters available for you to pick depends on how many 'points' you have.

Throwback

Smash Lord
wow last night was mad fun. In fact it was so good, I'm gonna do shoutouts:

Felix: Cheers for showing up! Come to some more meets, your ZSS has all the fundamentals, you just need MU experience.

Zier: You're a d*ck! :laugh:

Throwback

Smash Lord
Yeah you played sick luke. Shame you choked in the final :p

I felt I played a good samus when I actually used her - Dave felt the power of an uber-ghey ledgecamping robot :p

Mostly I used high-tiers though. I don't think it was a particularly good system simply because it made me not play my main. If you weren't attached to a main it wouldn't be too bad though.

VK-137

Smash Apprentice
I don't really see the point in playing a high tier if it's not your main, so the system didn't really affect me that much. It really just disadvantaged high tier mains imo.

Nanda

Smash Ace
I think we should try the three/five character rotation system next. That way it doesn't matter who you main, you will still be "encouraged" to use other characters.
And If we make it so that you have to choose one High, one Mid, and one Low tier character, it will be good practice for any upcoming tier tourneys.

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
I'm up for meets on wednesday and thursday, maybe on both days?
who's up for that ****, plus we have the house tourney this weekend coming up.

and how do you guys feel about a road trip to melbourne the weekend after

leave on friday, come back on sunday (the tourney is on sat the 1st of may)

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
ok so wednesday meet at mine 1030 till 3, thursday the same possibly

house tourney on sunday, 10am till 3pmish, bring tv's and wii's and ****.

Nanda

Smash Ace
I can't go to melbourne. Not enough money and too many assignments. When is Robocop???
[edit]
nvm i found the link, its in October

Nova

Banned via Warnings
Nanda I love you.
*I'll pay for your Melbourne trip. <3

* If you can beat Master 3 in one try while I'm watching.
The only reason I'm being evil is because you came 7th at Thriller, btw.
gtfo stray (I think).
Or whoever the Monkey Ball guy is. >_>
AND Luke is clearly the best TO ever.
Offering road trips all the time and ****.
YOU ALL HAVE NO IDEA HOW LUCKY YOU ARE.
NONE.
N-O-N-E.

Top Bottom