• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

A Treatise on Why Chibosempai is the Worst TO In the Universe

Status
Not open for further replies.

clowsui

Smash Legend
I guess I've calmed down a bit. I just want some explanations that are REASONABLE and understandable, Chibo. I'm not understanding ANY of what you've done.

Hello fellow SWF members.

My name is clowsui. I am an ardent fan of this game, as many of you other members are, and thus I am very excited when a "national" event is going to occur. The one national event I was perhaps in greatest anticipation for was "Clash of the Titans 4", run by ChiboSempai. Chibo had successfully run a few 60-man tournaments in Pennsylvania and was generally respected as a good guy, so there really was no suspicion surrounding this tourney. However, this was a fatal mistake. ChiboSempai was clearly unprepared for a national event that he created the hype for, and ran a disgraceful tournament beyond any level of explanation.

How did he accomplish this? Well, first it is imperative to examine his thread. Chibo's opening post was surprisingly well organized with a pre-registration list set up. However, this registration was not mandatory. With a national level tournament that showed itself at this level within the first two weeks, it was indeed one of Chibo's greatest errors not to utilize this asset. Chibo also did not request televisions actively until the tournament was due in about four or five days. Televisions are by far the most important asset to a tournament, yet Chibo only managed to secure 25 TVs; given, according to his estimates this was 1 TV for every 8 people but it is always good to have lots of extra TVs. Unfortunately, Chibo was not a good enough TO to realize this.

The biggest thing that demonstrates Chibo's ineptness as a tournament organizer is the fact that he ran a tournament with more than 200 people all by himself. He never posted any indication of a desire for others' help and when he was at the tournament REFUSED others' help, even as it was clear attendance was rising above his expectations. Chibo thus spent six precious hours of time, enough to complete a set of doubles pools and a substantial amount of brackets, hand-organizing pools. This is outrageous, considering that notable TOs and tournament participants such as Hylian, OmegaBlackMage, Inui, lightxdream, DMBrandon, ChuDat, and AlphaZealot were there.

Beyond this, little things seem to add up to how bad Chibo is at being a TO. He mismanaged the live stream, setting only one up and rarely ever putting "high demand" or "meaningful" matches on there (i.e. only friendlies or money matches). Chibo's desperate tactics at the end of his tournament rental period were laughably ineffective. Finally, Chibo never decided to apologize for his poor TO skills throughout either of the days. For example, despite limiting the doubles bracket to 32 teams, he still took about ten hours to finish it. Given, he was indeed running singles pools at the same time, but this is why you have the doubles teams that are in pools get knocked out, and THEN start playing pools OR place the pools near all of the players so that there is not a very long wait....yet Chibo simply could not find a single minute to say anything to anyone, not even a commentator or two, to apologize for this.

Chibo's futile efforts at creating a national-level competition tarnished entire coast's reputation. His poor management skills and inability to accept the assistance of others created a riot of Smashers who demanded monetary compensation. This, the epitome of bad organizing, demonstrates the extent to which Chibo has damaged his coast's reputation. Chibo's mistakes have perhaps created the greatest dent to his region - greater than Kawaii Poyo's whining, greater than Inui's Sonic and mountain johns, greater than Plank's super ledge camping - a mistake that will be forever the East Coast's to pay.

infomon

Smash Scientist
He should be given a chance to defend himself before everyone rags on him. I say, stop bashing Chibo until the tourney is done at least. LAPD, riots, and RandomIkeGuy aside.

:054:

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
He should be given a chance to defend himself before everyone rags on him. I say, stop bashing Chibo until the tourney is done at least. LAPD, riots, and RandomIkeGuy aside.

:054:
This.

This thread was WAY too soon.

Garquille14

Smash Apprentice
It's not even done. The dumbest mistakes are assumptions. Let him at least defend himself before you belittle him in the most vicious of manner.

clowsui

Smash Legend
What are you TALKING about? You guys are the ones assuming things
All this information was from someone who was at the tourney that was talking on live feed last night @ NikoK's room.
I'm not naming him to protect his identity.

Razmakazi

Smash Champion
Even if he does get a chance to defend himself that won't change the fact that he has been horribly irresponsible. Especially with all the Canadians and Out of State players showing up.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
He had his chance. and he effed up

theres no mistaking it, or "maybe we dont know the story"

we know the whole story and this is not the first instance of this happening.

this is completely justifyied

Eggm

Smash Hero
Chibo's a good dude, I hope everything works out. Pound 3 was still epic even tho we were all kicked out and moved and it was still fun.

I just hope that the smash community doesn't get a bad rep for this with like gambling or something cause the cops are all over chibo and he has serious cash on him if there were 285 entrants.

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
it would be terrible if the police confiscated all that cash, and I hope we don't get bad publicity, that will really hurt the community's chance of getting sponsors in the future.

Olimarman

Smash Ace
Wow lets see you try running a national tournament and manage 200+ people all by yourself bro. Give the guy a break. Laugh about it, don't whine about it.

clowsui

Smash Legend
who cares about "the tarnish of the East Coasts' Reputation?

thats some BS lol

It'll only fall on him.
What are you talking about?
Manacloud singlehandedly ruined WC reputation. Are you saying Chibo can't?

EDIT: Ignore Manacloud bit. But point still stands - one person can ruin it all, especially when they have a decent rep like Chibo

EDIT2: Chibo probably has a low chance of ruining EC rep...but this is a blow to that region imo, Chibo hosts a lot of tournies for PA

Wow lets see you try running a national tournament and manage 200+ people all by yourself bro. Give the guy a break. Laugh about it, don't whine about it.
Read my post.

Eggm

Smash Hero
Chibo's a good dude, I hope everything works out. Pound 3 was still epic even tho we were all kicked out and moved and it was still fun.

I just hope that the smash community doesn't get a bad rep for this with like gambling or something cause the cops are all over chibo and he has serious cash on him if there were 285 entrants.
it would be terrible if the police confiscated all that cash, and I hope we don't get bad publicity, that will really hurt the community's chance of getting sponsors in the future.
Exactly this is what I'm worried about as it could affect melee as well. :(

Darth Waffles

Smash Lord
The commentary got SO much better when security came in...
and mac, the police would have no reason to confiscate the cash, especially since the tourney's finishing at chibo's house

•Col•

Smash Champion
I feel bad for Chibo. Everyone's gonna be hating on him for a while. D:

But at the same time... I feel stupid. I feel stupid because of what Chibo did. I wasn't even AT the tournament, and I feel stupid for it.

I think Chibo really has tarnished the East Coast's reputation. ;-;

EDIT: I wish I coulda heard SamuraiPanda commentating. D: Apparently he said something like "Ok, here comes the security, but anyway back to this match..."

K 2

Smash Lord
No seriously, what is it? It's driving me crazy and no one's answering my question.

Cless

Smash Champion
Apparently some Random Ike Guy trashed m2k, but that's just what I was told. I guess I should have gone to this tournament just for the lulz. Oh well

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom