• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

A Taste Of Buffalo 8/1 WNY SSBB SSBM Please Read New Times!

infomon

Smash Scientist
holy crap, this tourney has a decent stagelist!!! and rulelist!! nowai!

there's a problem tho... only 4 starters are listed:
Battlefield
Final Destination
Smashville
Yoshi's Island
(Please note that Lylat is not a starter)

you can't stage strike with an even number. bump it to 5 or 7 pl0x :)

Edit: If I'm comin to this (just gotta let someone know I'm not going on her dumb camping trip that isn't happening anyway, it's all good).... I'm bringing a wii+brawl, and at least one video camera. Will there be internet access for livestreaming? If so I could bring my lappy too (tho I'd prefer if someone else could, so I can take 2 cameras instead).

Edit 2: If I'm comin, would anyone want to get a ride? like from Hamilton or Niagara?
maybe TO too if I'm feeling ronery

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
you have to find the people to talk about that too, i suggest the people that have been to rochester already to start off with.
Niko K
Ayaz
Nasir
RaynEX

1337-Zero

Smash Ace
Is the infinite Marth grab Banned?

There better be at least 15 people playin' vbrawl, or I'm gonna go crazy. Brawl+ makes me sick.

marth126

Smash Journeyman
There are some things we have to go over because the tournament is one week away.
1) All Brawl and Melee rulesets are going to be SBR certified so their is stage striking and everything there will be no questions about the rules.
2) Venue Fee??????????? I know 10 dollars is alot and people have been complaining. SO THE VENUE FEE IS GOING TO BE 5 DOLLARS. THIS INCLUDES SOME LIGHT SNACKS LIKE CHIPS SODA CANDY ETC.
3) I have called mighty taco and they have no party platters so if you would like. I will order anything you want from mighty pick it up and you will have to pay for it seperate from the venue fee?
4) IF you are coming and haven't told me or u cant come and havent told please let me no so i no how much snacks to but etc.
5) LOCATION- The tournament will be held in bacon hall room number not yet certain.
6)The friday before the tournament their will be Melee and Brawl practice at my house.
THanks for listening if i forgot something or u have ideas comments or questions let me no

1337-Zero

Smash Ace
brawl+ mos def needs some fixes but right now its better then regular brawl According to a small group of people, a really small group of people.
Fixed.

Not really, I just have an unnatural hatred for Brawl+. I have no problem with people who play it:).

Marth, I'm bringin' a Wii and Brawl so put me on the list. We wont have trouble parking, right? XD.

RaynEX

Colonel RTSD
Raynex is in europe johns.

:-/

Play Melee more so I dont get bored. Goggles, get ready to **** talk son.
I've been back in the city for a couple of weeks now. I just came back from playing a whole weekend of melee. Where are you getting your information from? :psycho:

hubble

Smash Ace
Yo marth:
3 of us from ROCHESTER are thinking about showing up on friday for the smashfest too.

Any chance you could hook us up with some housing with anyone for friday night?

hubble

Smash Ace
Yo, if canada is legit coming i want I.B. to come. He helped me out a ton at Sanuzi's before that starfurry i went to.

Any update on the housing marth? Anyone else from buffalo?

BluePeachy100

Smash Champion
I'm from Buffalo obviously. I doubt my mom would let people sleep over though. It wouldn't be a problem if she was at work(XD) but she is off friday.

So wait, no free mighty taco?! My braids are pissed.

Anyway, if I could get a ride I could go to your house on Friday.

marth126

Smash Journeyman
hmmmm i cant have anyone stay over cause my mom would also be like what the f but their are nice cheap hotels u could split 4 or 5 ways??? idk what to tell u sorry wish i could

infomon

Smash Scientist
well I'm from Canada, and I'm legit coming. I have to look into renting a car that's allowed to travel to the U.S., but that's prolly what I'll do. I'm good for doing pickups, if anyone (Sanuzi? anyone else?) want to come. I'll prolly crash in Buffalo the night at a hotel, so if anyone wants to join mah room that's cool.

BluePeachy100

Smash Champion
You good people can't come. I want a chance to win. ;~;

I fuggin suck at both games, TBH. I dunno, if I can show up friday, you'll get a preview of my sucky "skillz".

smash64

Smash Champion
i would of loved coming to this but no one from my area in ohio is coming to this also i was already planning on going to springfield Ohio for another tournament on the same date as you guys =/

altairian

Smash Lord
Hey I'm probably going to be coming to this but I'm driving across the state and never been to the Buffalo area before so I'm a little wary of getting lost :p I can mapquest my way to the address listed but it'd be great if someone could PM me some specifics about where I'm going once I get to that address.

I'll be able to give you a definite coming or not coming tomorrow (it depends on if there's a tournament at my local play'n'trade on saturday) but if I am coming, I'll be bringing a wii as well.

1337-Zero

Smash Ace
This tournament is gonna be a lot bigger than I expected. I predict at least....32 people.

I agree hubble, unless some crazy, Ness-maining Syracusean causes an upset.

marth126

Smash Journeyman
yo 1337 u gotta mm my friends ness and pwn him
this is the time when people start going o **** i cant go and im like god ****

Top Bottom