• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

A New Rule To Think About: Grab Infinites *Ledge Stall Update*

Gingerr

Smash Lord
we will be playing the game

on the levels

like MEN
I will probably never see another post you make that I love more than this one.

If you guys want to call Brawl a "fighting game", then fight in it, *******. Don't hug the ledge.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
did i just hear a burn???

But really, grabs are needed to fight. Look at Zangief, most of his damage comes from his spinning piledriver and other throws...
well yea, those arent chaingrabs though. different story

on a related note, i heard my eventual SF4 main Crimson Viper is more grab based. I never played a char like that before

Gingerr

Smash Lord
Chain grabbing is essentially the same as any other combo, it's just grab combos into grab. Not like I'm trying to say it isn't gay, but you basically have to look at it as any other combo in any other game.

...It just happens to be just about the only combo in Brawl >.>

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
Another reason why Diddy Kong is the best character in brawl:

Banana combos are actual combos. Once you get hit with a banana and the diddy does it right, there nothing you can do but watch in awe. No amount of infinite airdodging will save you :laugh:

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Another reason why Diddy Kong is the best character in brawl:

Banana combos are actual combos. Once you get hit with a banana and the diddy does it right, there nothing you can do but watch in awe. No amount of infinite airdodging will save you :laugh:
Just like when a Sheik gets a space animal in an F-Tilt lock. :(

complexity1234

Smash Apprentice
That way people like you, or anyone that counters gay stages, can pick they're gay little stage/character counter on the 2nd match, maybe even win that one, it doesn't matter, im already thinking about winning the third match, with the counter in my favor.
everyone counter-picks.........

even since melee.......

OTRU...

Smash Champion
Yep, I sure am butting in on a public forum in a thread I was already posting in. good one.

You're just posting this longer thing about how you're going to let the next tourney talk...and it's unnecessary, and it's just annoying to read for pretty much anybody who isn't kirbies backward. *shrug*

You got beat... whether it was due to a CP or not, you got beat... twice... in tourney
A truly good player will just man up to his losses...not john about them all day and say how you think you can beat them later.. it's not necessary

And I'd rather not get back into this "FL sucks" mentality that certain player's cockiness got us into a long time ago... so for the betterment of the state, save your cockiness and johning for people who actually care.
ohh snap, fenrir just told this kid whats really good

HRNUT (Honey Roasted)

Smash Master
thank you smash community for your awesome contributions to the thread, when i lose i man up and say that i'll just have to do better next time, so l2p and stop johning, last time i beat afro i didn't have to chaingrab (snake vs snake)...what about you?? and what do u have to prove to the people in FL??

complexity1234

Smash Apprentice
^ from the *** who plays D3 and grabs like a *****, when we say fight we mean fight not grab BRAH
DEEZ NUTZ
well that IS a part of dedede's game, nothing to do with seibrik. Theres no reason not to do it..... just like falco chaingrabbing, a snake spamming tilts, utilizing release grabs on certain characters, etc.

The only thing that should be looked down upon is ledge stalling.

OTRU...

Smash Champion
seibrik just wants to be the very best, that no one ever was...
more like:

I want to be the very best, that no one ever was to chaingrab them is my real test, to sidestep is my cause, I will travel to every tourney, searching far and wide, teach smashers to understand the gayness of the brawl!! Gotta chaingrab'em all!!!!!! CHAINGRAB'EM ALL!!!!!!
lolz

10backward:kirby:s

Samus_ABe

Smash Ace
once again, thread = ********

and imo hrnut is better than afro and seibrik

and sebrrik used meta knight against g moneys wario??? that like makes me mad why wouldnt u use d3 and **** with cheapness like u do to me??? i wish ud play me with meta id 2-0

CO18

Smash Hero
once again, thread = ********

and imo hrnut is better than afro and seibrik

and sebrrik used meta knight against g moneys wario??? that like makes me mad why wouldnt u use d3 and **** with cheapness like u do to me??? i wish ud play me with meta id 2-0
it was prob like, Use MK vs my wario or I nado spam u type of deal

Samus_ABe

Smash Ace
lol who are u?? do u even play this game?? if u are who i think u are ive never seen u play once even tho ur at like every statewide tournament and always on boards

Gingerr

Smash Lord
I was merely pointing out how ******** that statement was with sarcasm.
Also, Ginger. No, I play good fighting games. That's because you were too high to notice when I was.

Sensei Seibrik

Smash Hero
Samus abe, all i have to say about the MK thing is that i had previously planned on using meta knight all tourny, at least starting with him in the set. just wanted to see what one of the better players could do with randomly using him. i put about a week's worth of practice in, and im glad i did. got a cool 2ndary if i ever need it.

but i will be starting all sets with ddd from now on, the experiment is over, and im happy i didnt randomly **** everyone with him.
i'll back down from the meta knight ban for now ;)

but yea..... ledge camping?

or and ginger, im glad to see your on my side of the argument for once :)
we should do it more often

Samus_ABe

Smash Ace
LOL that was actually really funny thanks for that im actually in a good mood going into work =)

and sry my opinion is ******** it must be teh weedz..last time i saw afro and hrnut play it was a snake ditto(which i didnt even know hrnut played snake) and hrnut won....once again sry for being ********

abe--out

harriettheguy

Smash Lord
"MLG: What improvements do you want to see in Brawl?

Ken: First off, ledge invincibility is way too cheap. Everyone now is just ledge camping and nerfing people. I hate to see that happen all the time, especially when Mew2King does it. Secondly, hopefully there will be no Sheik. "

You don't even nerf people! Take "Brawl" out of the title plz.

http://www.mlgpro.com/content/page/155885/MLG-Interview-with-Ken/3

complexity1234

Smash Apprentice
O thx gdx yeah i saw in the other gigs thread.

We should put a 20% handicap on meta lol
and dedede cant use his g@y chaingrab twice in a row for his handicap....
Stop hatin that MK counters your character. All characters have some hard matchups.
Snakes hate dededes(counter) but they dont go around saying dedede should have a handicap.
If there was no MK, there would be more falcos and game & watches so either way your screwed.

Gingerr

Smash Lord
You got it, Mike :D Come to Nexus sometime and we'll play, but beware, I haven't played seriously in like, a month but we could get some great games in!

CO18

Smash Hero
and dedede cant use his g@y chaingrab twice in a row for his handicap....
Stop hatin that MK counters your character. All characters have some hard matchups.
Snakes hate dededes(counter) but they dont go around saying dedede should have a handicap.
If there was no MK, there would be more falcos and game & watches so either way your screwed.
I wasnt serious and if it werent for nado mk vs ddd would be even.

mkGmoney

Smash Ace
Jacksonville, FL (UNF) Location: Tavares, FL (for
Born to Be a Winner (Johner remix)

(Super Smash! Super Smash! Super Smash...)

Let's do it~
You wanna be the very best
Like no one ever was (ever was, ever was)
To excuse is your real test
To justify your cause

Your whole life has led to this
Time to test your grabs
You know you just can't miss
Gonna show the state

Born to be a johner (Brawl!)
Born to be a schlemiel
Born to be a johner
Born to be the very worst (Super Smash Brawl)
Born to be a johner!
Super Smash!

Every challenge along the way
With avarice you will face
You will struggle every day
To legitimize your place

Lose to me, the time is right
There's no worse cop-out
Hand in hand we'll end the fight
Gonna dream your life?

Born to be a johner (Brawl!)
Born to be a schlemiel
Born to be a johner
Born be the very worst (Super Smash Brawl!)
Born to be a johner

Super Smash!

Blatt Blvd

Smash Ace
Seriously, everyone in this thread is a straight up scrub, LOL.

Now we want handicaps for certain characters?

Lol, shut up and play the game you fvcking scrubs.

I'd love to see you Brawltards play Melee for a couple months.

(Even tho Brawl is gayer)

Top Bottom