• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social A New Challenger Enters! Kazuya Mishima Social Thread!

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
What would Kazuya's Classic Mode be like?
Maybe it'll be similar to Captain Falcon's route; all opponents excel at close-range combat. However, none of Kazuya's opponents would possess any weapons, and all rounds would be stamina matches (with the player Kazuya starting each round with 150 HP).
  • Round 1: Captain Falcon
  • Round 2: Donkey Kong
  • Round 3: Little Mac
  • Round 4: Ryu
  • Round 5: Incineroar
  • Round 6: Kazuya
  • Final Round: Bowser, then Giga Bowser
Giga Bowser would serve as the final boss, due to having the fewest projectile attacks of any boss.

GolisoPower

Smash Master
Anybody notice that Kazuya crumples opponents in some of his attacks, like in the 10-Hit Combo? It's extremely brief, but it's there.

JudgeHeihachi

Smash Apprentice
Hats off to the thread creator for having the right idea about which Tekken character would have been picked! I'm really hyped and Kazuya would have been my second choice after Heihachi himself, I just thought the old man was likelier for being namedropped by Sakurai before but this is the same level of hype if not even more than I would have had for Heihachi's Smash inclusion!

Last edited:

2006ToyotaTacoma

Smash Journeyman
Well congrats Kazuya fans!

I'm more of a Heihachi supporter personally, but Kazuya still looks pretty sick, and we got our old man making a fashionable stage appearance.

Now please God let Heat Haze Shadow be a track in Smash.

BigShad

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0602-6501-8253
Sakurai must feel like a kid in a candy shop lmao
Grats to the guys who wanted a Tekken fighter, it's also such a Tekken thing to do to include someone like the main villain, like how Tekken added Geese.

Garo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Garomasta
3DS FC
3308-4572-3157
Congrats Tekken fans. I'm interested in trying out Kazuya of course, but might be even more hyped for the stage and music. Trailer was hilarious, easily the funniest of FP2.

As for his classic mode, I thought they could go with a "hidden power" theme, facing other opponents with a boosted state like Devil Kazuya, but then I realized most of those characters are dlc... Maybe something similar to Ryu's where each opponent represents a different Tekken character (Ganondorf = Heihachi, Fox/Little Mac = Steve Fox etc.)

MaplePie

Smash Cadet
Wow you lucky girl! Congratulations on getting Kazuya! I'm still waiting for my moment.

Lionfranky

Smash Lord
For Tekken rep, he was my second choice after Jin although I haven't supported Tekken much. No offense Heihachi, but I prefer young face from Tekken to match Terry and Ryu. Finally, trio of fighting game assembled. Congratulations!

kaithehedgefox

Smash Lord
Not upset nor complaining, but while I've always wanted Kazuya to be playable, why did we get Kazuya over Jin?

Giga Kaiju

Smash Lord
NNID
GigaKaiju
Switch FC
SW-8115-0761-4039
Passing by to offer my congratulations. I'll be honest when Heihachi got revealed as a Mii Costume months ago, I thought that was it for him, Tekken as a series being represented, and a character of Namco/Bandai as a whole. But I'm glad that it was not the case. For a time I thought that if the Old Man didn't make it, then who would? I figured it would be from one of his descendants: Kazuya or Jin and seems like it did turn out with one of the two, hehe.

Makes sense since he is a protagonist. A villain. Or anti-villain. And boy does Smash benefit from having such characters. Props to the followers and can't wait to play as him and fight against him.

He looks so cool and for moments, like Sakurai joked about, looked like footage of a Tekken game and not Smash. That is definitely proof that he was implemented right.

:bowser:.

Flik

Smash Journeyman
For Tekken rep, he was my second choice after Jin although I haven't supported Tekken much. No offense Heihachi, but I prefer young face from Tekken to match Terry and Ryu. Finally, trio of fighting game assembled. Congratulations!
Funny because Kazuya is 49 years old and his Smash model looks a bit older than his Tekken model to me.

Takasmash

Smash Ace
Ain't gonna lie I was mad at first but the more I like at Tekken and the lack of Namco love in Smash I have a change of heart and I want to try to get into Tekken the character is savage beast than Heihachi.

HaunterSpencer

Smash Cadet
NNID
HaunterSpencer
3DS FC
3583-3585-6107
Bruh, Ive been playing Tekken in arcades for over 10 years now and never have I ever thought a Tekken character would actually be in Smash!
Congrats! May the pewgf be always with you!

Anyway to my main topic, the MUSIC I wanna hear in Smash:
1. Tekken Moonlit WIlderness (tekken 5)- the prima ultima stage of tekken, you cant go wrong with its ost
2. Karma- Electric Fountains Stage (tekken 6)- Upbeat and really sounds like tekken IMHO
3. Airport (tekken 4)- Another classic, funny thing is this was my first tekken game
4. Fallen Colony (tekken 6)- I just like the violins LOL
5. Anger of Earth (Tekken 6)- Lots of tekken 6 music I see? Prob because I honestly think tekken 6 has the best stages in the game LOL
6. Baile de Batalla! Fireworks over Barcellona (TTT2)- You see.... I main Miguel and the sweet spanish sexy guitar will be a bop
7. Infinite Azure (Tekken 7)- A fan favorite, should definitely be in
8. Island Paradise (Tekken 7)- Or any of the beach themes Tekken has. I think their beach themes are iconic on its own
9. Yodeling in the Meadow Hill- Hidden Retreat (Tekken 6)- MY ULTIMATE PICK, CMON LIKE THE SHEEPS! THE YODELLING! ULTIMATE MEME MUSIC MATERIAL! YOU CANT GO WRONG WITH IT 🐑

anyway I did not expect Kazuya but Im part of the FGC so this was a pleasant surprise, peace

M00NFIRE94

Smash Ace
With how close we're possibly getting near the end here, I didn't think we were gonna get another Namco rep especially from Tekken. Hats off to you guys. While I never played a Tekken game, I did play Heihachi in PS All-Stars and Devil Jin in Soul Calibur 5 so I can tell this'll definitely be interesting. And now with Kazuya in Smash, this is weirdly full circle for me lol

Last edited:

GolisoPower

Smash Master
Here's something to think about, guys:

When Terry was released, he came with a charge input for Rising Tackle that takes a whole lot less time to charge than other video games (24 frames in Smash vs. almost a second in others). But the interesting question is: what about other Tekken input techniques like "⭐", which is the art of not doing any joystick tilts or button inputs for a short duration before attacking, or these:
1623862428174.png

This is a white arrow, meaning you just flick it in the direction like you're using F-tilt or U-tilt.
1623862458263.png

This is the black arrow, which functions just like in Terry's Rising Tackle input.

The real question is, how much easier will Sakurai make these parts of Tekken in Smash Bros like he did with Charge inputs with Terry? And how effective does it have to be so it strikes that balance?

Last edited:

Leaf_It

Smash Cadet
I'm surprised that Kazuya doesn't have his own character sub-forum yet. They usually get those up within a few hours of the announcement don't they? Who ever is in charge of that must be busy irl.

HARBlNGER

Smash Apprentice
This music is in Smash. It played in a short video of Kazuya's moves.
If Sakurai's adding character select themes from Tekken then can I get this banger here?

Man I can't wait to see the music list for Tekken in Smash. There's just so many great track from the series. I hope we get the Terry treatment and get 50 tracks, from Tekken 1-7 to the Tag games.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
@ admins

will we get emotes and premium BGs of both of Kazuya’s alts?

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
I'm surprised that Kazuya doesn't have his own character sub-forum yet. They usually get those up within a few hours of the announcement don't they? Who ever is in charge of that must be busy irl.
Why isn't this in the Character board? This is a Character now.

Congrats everyone. Namco and Tekken deserved a spot.
Fixed! :happysheep:

Top Bottom