• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social A New Challenger Enters! Kazuya Mishima Social Thread!

GolisoPower

Smash Master
How many unique move inputs do you suppose Kazuya may have?

I mean, from what I've seen, we'll potentially have Back-tilt attacks, Diagonal-tilts, alternative grabs, and strings. That would mean Kazuya will have even MORE attacks than we've already seen if we assume Kazuya has Min Min's control scheme (Having different tilt attacks dependent on A and B buttons), putting him second only to POKEMON TRAINER as a fighter with the most inputs.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719

Its pretty incredible how close he is to his Tekken 7 moveset.
You don't even know just HOW close his moves are.

roymustang1990-

Smash Ace
NNID
RoyMustang1990
Even though I would have prefer the tekken representation to be Jin for smash,I'm just Glad to finally see a tekken character make it in. It was long overdue.

Last edited:

Perkilator

Smash Legend
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
Last edited:

GolisoPower

Smash Master
Say, you think we could get a Sephiroth Challenge-style event with Kazuya? He's meant to be a villain in the Tekken series, and because he's a new 3rd party villain, we have an opportunity to unlock him early, much like Sephiroth! Think this might be the case?

Crap-Zapper

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3540-1100-9470
Say, you think we could get a Sephiroth Challenge-style event with Kazuya? He's meant to be a villain in the Tekken series, and because he's a new 3rd party villain, we have an opportunity to unlock him early, much like Sephiroth! Think this might be the case?
That would be something I'd be willing to do.

Perkilator

Smash Legend
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
Have you noticed that a lot of the new franchises introduced in Vol. 2 all have lame as hell series symbols? ARMS uses a symbol from a tournament even though there's an in-universe logo for the Grand Prix, Minecraft uses a block resembling the computer start-up...thing (I forgot what it was called) even though the Creeper face is more recognizable even to people who don't play Minecraft, and Tekken just uses Kazuya's right hand even they literally have the kanji for "iron fist" (鉄拳) that the game is named after.

SharkLord

Smash Hero
Alright, so

After Kazuya's inclusion, I'm beginning to look into Tekken a little. It seems pretty interesting, if not extremely complex, and I might pick up one of the games later down the line. I hear Tekken 7 is especially well-received. That being said, I'm stuck with a Switch and an extremely potato-level laptop (Re: Too weak to play Ys Seven-level potato). I was wondering if there's any easy way to start for a Nintendo player, or if Tekken's confined to the PlayStation and Steam.

GolisoPower

Smash Master
Alright, so

After Kazuya's inclusion, I'm beginning to look into Tekken a little. It seems pretty interesting, if not extremely complex, and I might pick up one of the games later down the line. I hear Tekken 7 is especially well-received. That being said, I'm stuck with a Switch and an extremely potato-level laptop (Re: Too weak to play Ys Seven-level potato). I was wondering if there's any easy way to start for a Nintendo player, or if Tekken's confined to the PlayStation and Steam.
Well, there was Tekken Tag Tournament 2 for the Wii U, Tekken 3D Prime Edition for the 3DS and Tekken Advance, but as far as where to start is concerned, I'm not sure. You could get Tekken 7 on steam for 85% off within the next day, though.

Last edited:

Keeshu

Smash Ace
Well, there was Tekken Tag Tournament 2 for the Wii U, Tekken 3D Prime Edition for the 3DS and Tekken Advance, but as far as where to start is concerned, I'm not sure. You could get Tekken 7 on steam for 85% off within the next day, though.
Bit of an impulse buy, but thanks for letting us know. Just got the game. Been curious about "normal" fighting games for a while now, but Tekken's absurd amount of moves is really interesting to me.
Gonna try out Kazuya and Yoshi right away.

Last edited:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I highly doubt it. Sephiroth was a unique case for his status as a final boss, which is further indicated by his Classic Mode route being a boss rush. It may also be a reference to the optional Sephiroth battles in the Kingdom Hearts series.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
My RCM Jig finally came, so I'm emulating Tekken on my Switch to prepare for Kazuya.

...I really need to try inputting the EWGF on a Gamecube controller instead of Joycons.

GolisoPower

Smash Master
My RCM Jig finally came, so I'm emulating Tekken on my Switch to prepare for Kazuya.

...I really need to try inputting the EWGF on a Gamecube controller instead of Joycons.
I mean, FWIW, it'll probably be easier to do EWGF in Smash than it is in Tekken if Ryu, Ken and Terry's inputs are anything to go by.

GolisoPower

Smash Master
Just realized something: we might get a reveal for new amiibo at the Kazuya presentation! It's been almost a year since we got Banjo, Terry and Byleth's amiibo, I'd say we're due for Min Min, Steve, and Sephiroth amiibo. Anyone agree?

MaplePie

Smash Cadet
Some Tekken music I'd like in Smash:
1.Tekken 6 Character Select Theme
2.Kazumi's Theme
3.Electric Fountain
4.Moonlit Wilderness
5.Snow Castle
6.Xiayou Theme -Tekken Tag Tournament
7.Dead Person - Devil Jin(Tekken Tag Tournament 2)
8.Be in the Mirror

I really hope Sakurai pulls another Terry

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
I don't know anything about Tekken but the only music i want to see get added are Jungle Outpost(Round 1) and Heat Haze Shadow(Round 2) from Tekken 7

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047

I feel like it's almost expected, but signs seem to be pointing towards the idea that Kazuya could be released on the day of his presentation. (the Tweet says that version 12 is coming soon, so back up your replays)

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Upon rewatching the trailer, doesn't it seem like the Korean backdashes are...fake? Like the two Kazuyas are simply crouching once in a while to give the illusion that they're canceling backdashes with crouches like the KBD? At least we know the wavedashes are real since Sakurai listed the crouch dash as one of Kazuya's moves.

Star Zen

Smash Rookie
I really think Jin might be some sort of bonus echo fighter coming alongside Kazuya. Wishful thinking yes, but I'm not getting my hopes up too high, a Mii costume, background appearance, or spirit board appearance is fine enough by me. But a man can dream! 😪

Chaosmaster8753

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ChaoticZelos3578
3DS FC
2750-1187-7177
Pretty sure Heihachi and Jin have several different moves that merely having them as Echo fighters wouldn't be enough.

GolisoPower

Smash Master
Pretty sure Heihachi and Jin have several different moves that merely having them as Echo fighters wouldn't be enough.
I barely know a thing about individual Tekken characters, but I can understand Heihachi. But Jin? I dunno, he seems like the Ken-level Echo to Kazuya's Ryu, if I'm being honest.

Star Zen

Smash Rookie
I barely know a thing about individual Tekken characters, but I can understand Heihachi. But Jin? I dunno, he seems like the Ken-level Echo to Kazuya's Ryu, if I'm being honest.
Coming from someone who is a fan of Tekken, id somewhat agree, although Ryu and Ken are definitely a closer match in comparison for easier to translate Echo fighter if im being honest. But even then Ken ended up having completely different moves/speed/gameplay animations ect. Not to mention even more moves in general than Ryu. So i really think Jin being an echo fighter isn't too far fetched in my mind at least.

Last edited:

Chaosmaster8753

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ChaoticZelos3578
3DS FC
2750-1187-7177
Starting with Tekken 4, Jin abandoned Mishima techniques in favor of a different karate moveset. Then Tekken 5 added Devil Jin which I believe uses most of his Tekken 3 movelist but with some Devil moves mixed in.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I wonder - if Devil gets a separate spirit, is he going to be represented by Kazuya, Ridley, or both?

Kazuya would be the logical choice, but he does resemble Ridley to some degree, even having a similar tail:

Last edited:
Top Bottom