• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social A New Challenger Enters! Kazuya Mishima Social Thread!

GolisoPower

Smash Master
What sort of Spirits will Kazuya's board have?

Do you think we'll get a super-powerful Ganondorf to represent Ogre? A speedy King K. Rool to represent Bob? I'm genuinely curious.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
While they're different types of felines, I'm expecting that King is going to be represented by Incineroar.

Nina Williams being represented by Zero Suit Samus seems like an obvious pick, but I'm not sure who would represent Anna Williams if she gets a spirit. (Bayonetta?)

I feel like Jin's going to be represented by Ryu, while Heihachi's going to be represented by Ganondorf. (since Ganondorf's the closest that the game has to a playable old man with his white haired alt, and Kazuya's trailer started with him carrying Ganondorf similarly to how Heihachi and Kazuya have carried each other at various points)

I'm not super familiar with Tekken (I haven't played Tekken 3, 4, or 6, and I've only scratched the surface of 5 and Tag Tournament 2), but my guesses for the spirits are:

• Kazuya (two fighter spirits, since that's usually how it works when a character has a full alternate costume)
  • Heihachi
  • Jin (these two seem obvious, since it seems like they'd be in the running for playable character status)
  • Nina Williams
  • Paul Phoenix
  • Yoshimitsu (much like Heihachi, those three have been in every Tekken game, so I feel like they'll get spirits here as well)
  • King
  • Kuma (while they've technically been replaced between Tekken 2 and 3, some version of Kuma and King have been in every Tekken game)
  • Jun Kazama (she has ties to Kazuya)
  • some form of Jack
  • one of the Laws (Marshall or Forest - looking at their lists of appearances, I'd guess Marshall)
  • either Michelle Chang or Julia Chang (I'm guessing that they're going to include the Tekken 1 starting roster or at least their substitutes)
  • Lee Chaolan
  • Anna Williams
  • Lei Wulong
  • Devil (Tekken) (I'm guessing this one would be the legend spirit)

Maybe there would be some characters from later Tekken games that I'm not as familiar with, such as Eddy Gordo, Asuka, Lili, Alisa Bosconovitch, or Mokujin. It's tough to narrow a list of Tekken characters down to less than sixteen, not counting the fighter spirits.

Last edited:

BlazGreen

Smash Journeyman
What sort of Spirits will Kazuya's board have?

Do you think we'll get a super-powerful Ganondorf to represent Ogre? A speedy King K. Rool to represent Bob? I'm genuinely curious.
An Alex spirit represented by Yoshi would be funny

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Sephiroth only received one fighter spirit, despite two of his palettes lacking a coat. Likewise, the Zombie and Enderman never received fighter spirits either.

Kazuya does have official artwork for his business uniform, however, so I guess it remains to be seen if his palette options will be comparable to that of Cloud; half of the palettes would be for the business uniform.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Sephiroth only received one fighter spirit, despite two of his palettes lacking a coat. Likewise, the Zombie and Enderman never received fighter spirits either.

Kazuya does have official artwork for his business uniform, however, so I guess it remains to be seen if his palette options will be comparable to that of Cloud; half of the palettes would be for the business uniform.
For Zombie and Enderman, it’s probably cuz they’re on the spirit board despite also being alts

which is… a bizarre choice

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
For Zombie and Enderman, it’s probably cuz they’re on the spirit board despite also being alts

which is… a bizarre choice
Still, there's no fighter spirit for coatless Sephiroth. The developers could've just used his artwork for Ultimate (much like how Cloud's Advent Children appearance was handled), but they apparently chose not to do that.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Still, there's no fighter spirit for coatless Sephiroth. The developers could've just used his artwork for Ultimate (much like how Cloud's Advent Children appearance was handled), but they apparently chose not to do that.
Coulda also used his Dissidia Shirtless Sephiroth render

Chaosmaster8753

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ChaoticZelos3578
3DS FC
2750-1187-7177
Here I am guessing if his special (B) attacks function as either involving the Devil moves shown off or as a secondary attack button for his kick moves or something.

dezeray112

Smash Hero
I've always wanted to see a Tekken character for Smash and I finally got one with Kazuya Mishima.

Anyways in terms of which characters I could see as spirits:

• Nina Williams
  • Marshall Law
  • Paul Phoenix
  • King
  • Yoshimitsu
  • Jack
  • Michelle Chang
  • Kuma
  • Jun Kazama
  • Lei Wulong
  • Angel
  • Devil
  • Jin Kazama
  • Ling Xiaoyu
  • Hwoarang
  • Eddy Gordo
  • Heihachi Mishima
  • Lee Chao Lan
  • Steve Fox
  • Lili
  • Asuka Kazama
  • Raven
  • Bob
  • Lars Alexanderson
  • Alisa Bosconovitch
  • Lucky Chloe

D

Deleted member

Classic: It's Time for You to Meet Your End
1. :ultken:, :ultfox:(Yellow)
Hazard:
  • Assist Trophy (Guile)
Stage: New Donk City (Battlefield)
Music: Paul Phoenix

2. :ultmetaknight:(Red)
Hazard:
  • The enemy starts the battle with a Beam Sword
  • Assist Trophy (Grey Fox)
Stage: Suzaku Castle (Ω)
Music: Yoshimitsu

3. :ultzss:(Black)
Stage: Shadow Moses Island
Music: Nina Williams

4. :ultincineroar:(Yellow), :ultincineroar:(Black)
Stage: Boxing Ring (Smash Bros.)
Music: King

5. Team Giant Metal :ultdk:(Green)
Ally: :ultbrawler:(Heihachi Wig, Heihachi Outfit)
Stage: Mishima Dojo
Music: Jack 2

6. :ultbrawler:(Heihachi Wig, Heihachi Outfit)
Music: Desperate Struggle

Bonus Stage

Final Stage: Jin Kazama
Stage: Castle Siege (Underground Cavern)
Music: Desperate Struggle

References:
1. Guile appearing in reference to how both Guile and Paul are two American fighters with similar hairstyle.

5. Referencing the opening for TEKKEN 5, where Kazuya and Heihachi team up to defeat an army of Jack 4.

Last edited by a moderator:

Warchamp7

Site Owner
Administrator
Premium
Slippi.gg
WAR#912
NNID
Warchamp7
Hey, thanks!

Now where's Mythra and the others?
Still working on it. Kazuya's icon is easily available via the website, same with many other characters. Mythra and the Steve alts are not, so I gotta go digging through game file rips, and many of those have them in a different art style than the ones on the website, so it takes some editing work

Chaosmaster8753

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ChaoticZelos3578
3DS FC
2750-1187-7177
Having actual Tekken developers working on Smash Ultimate probably was a big help in translating Kazuya's moveset into Smash Bros, right?

Last edited:

Pizza Robo

Smash Journeyman
Congratulations on Kazuya becoming the next Super Smash Bros Ultimate, Its always great to have more Fighting Game Characters in Smash :D

D

Deleted member

Classic: Power is Everything (Jin)
1. :ultminmin
Hazard:
  • Pokéball (Bewear)
Stage: Moray Tower Splatfest (Ω)
Music: Ling Xiaoyu (Console)

2. :ultsonic:(Orange)
Stage: Midgar (Ω)
Music: Hwoarang

3. :ultwiifittrainer:
Stage: Prism Tower
Music: Sparking!

4. :ultbrawler:(Heihachi Wig, Heihachi Outfit)
Music: Heihachi Mishima

5. :ultzelda:(White)
Stage: Fountain of Dreams
Music: What You Will See~Heaven/What You Will See -Hell-

6. Dracula
Music: Ogre/Ancient Ogre

Bonus

Final: :ultkazuya:
Stage: Castle Siege (Underground Cavern)
Music: Hatred

References:
2. Bewear representing Panda, Xiaoyu's pet and bodyguard.

3. :ultwiifittrainer: representing Asuka Kazama, Jin's relative. The song "Sparking!" plays in the background as a reference to TEKKEN 5 in which Asuka first appeared in.

5. :ultzelda: representing Jun Kazama, Jin's mother. The Fountain of Dreams and Jun's theme playing in the background is also a reference to her final boss appearance in "TEKKEN Tag Tournament 2".

Last edited by a moderator:

HaunterSpencer

Smash Cadet
NNID
HaunterSpencer
3DS FC
3583-3585-6107
Spirit Board Ideas?
They'd prob get them from tekken 4 or tekken 6
SO important people like Nina, other Mishimas main stays like King and Yoshimitsu then some other fighters that appear on those games like Zafina or Bob

As for "fighter representation" for Classic Mode

Peach and Daisy for Lili and ASuka respectively
Incineroar for King and/or Armor King + Donkey Kong for Marduk (?)
Ryu and Ken to represent SF x Tekken
Bayonetta for Zafina
ZSS for Nina
Cloud for Lars
Ken for Paul

Flik

Smash Journeyman
Yo, we still talking music? 'Cause I'm gonna need Moonlit Wilderness, Hall of Fate, and the Tekken Tag intro.
I modded Tekken 2 Arranged Paul theme and Tekken 3 Arcade Xiaoyu theme to my Smash and was going to post them on my Youtube channel before Kazuya was revealed. I wonder if those themes will be part of the DLC Pack.

Strong-Arm

Smash Ace
NNID
stormfury
3DS FC
2836-0207-2430
How his moveset is going to work for people not familiar with tekken

He will have auto turn around
He has 2 sets of normals mapped to A and B(for absolute proof of this he does 2 down airs, one being knuckle and the other being demon scissors)
He will have back normals and back smashes like terry has with his crack shoot but applied to his normals as well
He will have diagonal down/forward, down/back, up/forward, and up/back normals as well (we see him do the inputs for these during some moves such as his spin kicks and tombstone)

Crouch Dash is a input, not a special move. He has follow ups out of this such as wind god fist

His smash attacks are Devil as well as his Up+2(up b, rather than having two up aerials he only has one normal and then his demon wing as the other), up throw, and his rage drive and final smash. DEVIL IS NOT AN INSTALL OR A COMEBACK MECHANIC.
He has Rage, once he hits a certain % he gets a damage/kb boost and can then do Rage Drive. After using Rage Drive he loses rage for that stock

His throws will also have input variations (this lines up with how it works in tekken) so expect one of them to be an input throw

so to recap

1(A Button) = Punches
2(B Button) = Kicks, Up B
Devil is just visual flair for smash attacks, his rage drive, up b, upthrow and final smash
rage is his comeback mechanic and lets him then use rage drive
he has back normals, and diagonal normals
Crouch dash is an input that lets him do follow ups after
he has auto turn around

Crap-Zapper

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3540-1100-9470
I'm legit surprised and SUPER HAPPY. Tekken is my favourite fighting game franchise of all time, and Kazuya is one of the characters I use quite often. However, I thought it would be Heihachi if any for Smash, I did of course think both Kazuya and Jin would be possible, but always thought it would be Heihachi. So, after all the talks and smacks on how it could be Crash, Master Chief, Dante and all of them characters people literally scream for, and Sakurai's unpredictable work which gave us Terry, Min-Min, Sephiroth and Pyra/Mythra (WITHOUT Rex), I sort of thought the chances of Tekken itself was very slim, but I am SO HAPPY that I was proven wrong, because now I one of my favourite franchises represented in Smash!

Top Bottom