• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

A.C.T Presents the NO THANKS DAD! invatational, may 31st

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
NO THANKS DAD! Invatational

its not really invatational, everyone can come I just though invatational had a nice ring to it.

Results from Previous tourneys

lukes pro brawl tourney: http://www.smashboards.com/showthrea...=212656&page=8
Mario Pro: http://www.smashboards.com/showthrea...212656&page=19

When?
The 31st of May, 11:00 am till 8:00 pm

Where:
National Hockey Centre, 196 Mouat St Lyneham
the room is called the carter brown room

Important addition!
if you have equipment it would be nice if you could be there 15 mins early
also we will start at 11:30 so that gives you 30mins to register and then warm up with
some friendlys, if you think your gonna be really late ring me and we'll sort something else.

What do I need to bring:
if you could bring a tv or wii with brawl to help out that would be nice but otherwise
you only need to bring $15 and a controller.

Costs and Prize's:
$15 entry fee, prize money depends on how many people come,
expect first prize to be over $100

Other info:
Dickson shops is nearby and there will be a lunch break sometime during the day.
there is also some vending machines downstairs from the room we're in.
I am 19 and throwback who is also running this with me is 26 so there will be adult supervision.

Whats on?

First up there will be Brawl Doubles,
followed by Brawl singles
and if there is time at the end there will be a single large crew battle, what up!

also if there is time at the end of the day there will be melee friendlys, but anyone
wanted to change a TV to melee must first gain approval from me or I'll luigi Fsmash you (I'll probably break my fingers, but we'll cross that bridge when we get to it)

Rules:

ok so how does it work?

We will be using the swiss system rules for singles.
after a set amount of rounds, the players with the top 8 scores will move into a double elimanation bracket for the finals.

swiss sytem rules for anyone that doesnt know are as follows,
you play 2 match's for each opponent you vs. and get 1 point for winning each match
so you can either win 1 each, 2points, or no points.
the first round your opponents are selected at random, then after each round the scores are updated and you vs someone with the same score as you, so idealy you are always fighting people around your skill level.

double's will simply be a double elim bracket.

I will be following the SBR ruleset more or less which can be found here: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=187735

one major change from the SBR list however:
for the singles swiss matchs you may only play neutral levels and instead of randomly selecting a level
you will each take turns knocking one out till only one level remains, that level is the one you will play.
In the event that you cant decied who knocks out a level first, paper scissors rock!

also in doubles or in the finals on singles when counterpicking stages, you get 1 stage ban that must be declared before the opponent picks the stage they want.

ACT SPECIAL RULES:
rule 1. no infinites, pretty simple.
rule 2. if your name is tedeth then your not allowed to lose a single round of siwss.
rule 3. Any and all matches played against Meteor Master must be played on spear pillar no exceptions!
rule 4. Any doubles matches played against Tcranter and Meteor Master must be played on pictochat no exceptions!
rule 5. if you play mario or a mario character you are a mario pro and recieve max respect.
rule6. no infinets, no wall infinets, no grab infinites, no infinte infintes, just dont do it

Stage lists:

Neutral:
Battlefield
Smashville
Final Destination
Yoshi's Island
Pokémon Stadium 1

Counterpick:
Lylat Cruise
Delfino
Halberd
Castle Siege [D]
Luigi's Mansion
Corneria [D]
Rainbow Cruise
Frigate Orpheon
Norfair
Brinstar
Pokémon Stadium 2
Jungle Japes
Distant Planet
Pictochat
Green Greens [D]
Onett [D]
Mario Circuit [D]
Pirate Ship
Green Hill Zone [D]
Shadow Moses [D]
Port Town Aero Dive
Bridge of Eldin [D]
Skyworld
Yoshi's Island (Pipes) [D]
Spear Pillar

Banned:

Hyrule Temple
big blue
New Pork City
Mario Bros.
Wario Ware
Flat Zone 2
75m
Rumble Falls
The Summit
Mushroomy Kingdom I & II
Hanenbow

if your in please let me know.

questions?:
contact me on this site or email me or call me on 0424 846 576
(keep in mind that I work nights so I'm only really avalable on that number after 6pm.)

Attendance:

Confirmed:

luke (4 tv's, 2 wii's)
Throwback (1 tv, 1 wii)
tedeth
zier
rein
jambo (1tv, 1 wii)
Tickles (1 wii)
silfa (1 wii)
bogoron
Scabe
suds
kevin
Js
EA
Scoot
Defiled

unconfirmed:

scabes friends...?
meteor master
chaz
luffy
seeeeeeeeeeb

tedeth

Smash Master
No thanks dad
No thanks dad!
NO THANKS DAD!!!

Should be awesome. You know I'm in. :)

Even if i have to catch a bus I'll get there somehow. Need to defend my title :p

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
oh ted, you are too awesome there's even a special rule dedicated to you up there in the post

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Am I allowed to cg spike this time?

Also, I'm not playing meteor master on spear pillar. So I think I'll give this tourney a miss.

Unless you guys don't mind me loving to play on bridge of eldin/shadow moses with dedede.

idontgottaname

Smash Apprentice
sorry shaya, rules 1, 6, 6, 6, and 6 say you wont have the advantage.
Also, put me down as coming, with a wii.

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
cheers guys, let it be known that catching a bus or train down to Canberra is cheap and easy and I am quite willing to pick people up from stations and house them. I think I can house about 8-9 people (lol good luck sleeping) needs moar sd imo

Gords

Smash Champion
sounds great luke. I'll look into buses. If I have housing at yours again I'm a definite.

F_T_S

Smash Journeyman
no infinets, no wall infinets

so that means infinites are still allowed?

i wont be coming....yet again i somehow avoid playing Lukes snake....sigh

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
no infinets, no wall infinets

so that means infinites are still allowed?

i wont be coming....yet again i somehow avoid playing Lukes snake....sigh
:( no fts... and yeah, I cant spell infinites

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Wall Infinites are half of why people even counterpick specific stages.

Hell you've got every gay stage in the game, and you're not going to allow the one that let's matches actually go for less than 7-8 minutes?

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
what? I just thought stage diversity was good, but I dont care why people pick stages, ifinites are gay and take lots of skill out of the game, "hey look at me I can hold down and spam a" good job!

F_T_S

Smash Journeyman
youre talking to Shaya here.....king of chain

D3: I'm going to sit on you now
DK: **** you sakurai!

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
take your keukaku doori and get the **** out of my thread!!!
no not really, but yeah I'm sticking to my guns shaya, can you still win!!!?
are you even going to come!!!?
METAL GEAR!!!?

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP

Like thought proces was yeah going to lukes, not conscious of date.
Almost booked my first NEW BOOST SERIES (NEED A NEW NAME? MAYBE BOOST+?) on the 30th hahah.

whoopsies.

Zero

Smash Hero
oh no you le didn'.

Sorry Luke, I really wanted to come, but I talked to Toby a bit, and I've got no way of getting to Canberra, or returning from Canberra, in a timely or safe fashion. Parent's unwillingness to drive for a video game is pretty disheartening. :[ Have to wait until July when I get my P's! Also for a heads up, I'll be in Canberra sometime in August for 3 days for an ADFA Open Day, so maybe you could host some epic smash meet/tournament for the Sunday for epic win. I'll talk to you with dates sooner or later.

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
ok zero I'll look forward to it, just a heads up though, if you catch a murrays bus (more like a coach) from central to jollimont (a place in canberra) its timely (maybe 3 hours) its safe (much safer than trains) and if you get it early enough its like $15 or if your a bit later maybe $20 or $30, thats one way though, so just double whatever it is.
And then I can pick you up from jollimont and take you back there, this applies for anyone, so getting here and staying is really quite easy.

I LAG

Smash Lord
:( i cant come to this or hunter valley.
i will be in Canberra on the queens birthday long weekend.

Throwback

Smash Lord
I'm also happy to pick up Sydney people who come down on the buses. You probably end up paying less by bus than you would if you drove yourself.

tkls

Smash Apprentice
Luke, ive found a problem with the times. The first bus from central gets there at 12.30. So, unless you are interested in hosting 2 nights, ill be a bit late, as will others coming from sydney.

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
yea I suggest Sydney peeps come down on Saturday and leave Monday morning.
but I'm pretty sure murrays busses leave central as early as 6 am

tkls

Smash Apprentice
so your cool with hosting 2 nights? i will have to book a day off work that day

swordsaint

Smash Master
Can I get some hosting for the Saturday and Sunday nights? If you guys do I'll be sure to attend this one.
So what is it? Catch a train to Central and then a bus to Jollimont on a "Murray Bus"?

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
stuvac? some kind of uni holiday?
yea you guys can stay both nights, swordsaint got it right, just look up like murray busses on google and book it there and back, catching it back sometime before 1pm on monday would be preferable.

EverAlert

Smash Master
NNID
EVAL89
3DS FC
2664-2214-3431
No infinites is a rule that makes my head churn with churniness. What exactly constitutes an infinite?

e.g. can I hobble you (which is escapable and has a definite end even if you don't escape; i.e. it's not an infinite combo)?

Also what Shaya said about it's your own fault for getting into the infinite etc. But yeah I'd like to know what exactly I can and can't do, I hear all this talk about banning stuff that aren't (at least imo) infinites so it's kinda confusing.

Also I may come. I'll bring a Wii if I do, and possibly a TV. What bus are people catching?

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
see its like this, and dont take this as me like personally attacking you cause I know you use IC's but I feel its like hey I grabbed you, now I can just chain you and kill you, sure I know it is pretty hard to do but once you burn it into your muscle memeory its like wow I grabbed you once and that was it, game over.

what shaya said is silly, its not your fault if you make 1 little mistake that gets capitalised on, no one can play a perfect game.
I will admit though that I dont know too much about IC's so help me out here guys, lets discuss.
also of course you can come, anyone can come.

M

+9999999999
NNID
Meteor
Well, ICs aren't top tier for a reason. Regardless of their grab game, they still don't have TOO much going for them. Might as well just use the standard only to 300% rule.

Top Bottom