• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

A.C.T Presents the NO THANKS DAD! invatational, may 31st

Browny

Smash Hater
nice going scott. Always good to have more people proving that wifi is actually legit and you can get good by praciting on it. Now if only the rest of australias good players felt the same :D

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
No Thanks Dad Results

No Thanks DAD!
No Thanks DAD!
NO THANKS DAD!!!

Entrants: 11 (how fail)

Singles

1st. Scoot (snake / Falco) $80
2nd. Tedeth (wolf) $50
3rd. the failest of the fails (luke (snake) ) $30
4th. Defiled (Rob)
5th. EA (Ice Climbers / D3)
5th. Silfa (DK)
7th. Jambo (Mario)
7th. Bogoron (Wario)

Doubles

1st. Bozo (Scoot and Bogoron)
2nd. Shaya: "thats ****ing gay" (ted and silfa)
3rd. "Did you see that tech?" (Throwback and Defiled)
4th. I hate my life (EA and TKLS)
5th. The Super Mario Brothers (luke and Jambo)

dont ask me what happend in doubles, shoutouts later I'm going back to bed.

Throwback

Smash Lord
11. Pretty disappointing numbers, without all the NSW people we would have been boned. Still heaps of fun though, as usual.

Shoutouts:

ACT peeps: See you this weekend.

Luke: I thought you were going to win this one? You need to get over your mental hurdle vs players that are actually good.

Ted: thanks for the friendlies, always amazes me how good you are without having a wii to play on

Scott: nice work, your range of characters is amazing

EA: omg...lol

Shaun: Nice to see you, well played in doubles and BL about battlefield in our singles lol

tickles: I thought you did heaps better in the crews match, try not to jump -> dair all the time. Who re bair instead :p Also lol @ saturday night!

Ant1

Smash Ace
!!! $80 and only 11 entrants lolomgwth.
The biggest prize we had in S.A. for singles was winning quantum of solace 360 game. Although the doubles prizes were were over $100 a piece.
lol if ur vrsing falco with wolf, its a good idea to change characters.
Real men use low tier characters anyway

See those odd team names? Prepare to get blown away with what my mind can create.
U ain't seen wierd team names yet.

tedeth

Smash Master
Ok shoutouts.

Luker: Really good tourney. Disappointing about the numbers but I had a great time. We had a few really good matches I was glad to pull out the win in losers final. After losing that first game it wasn't looking good for me. Can't wait to team with you for Genesis. Thanks for hosting everyone you're a champ.

Scoot: You played really well man and you deserve the win. We had a few great games that were really close. It's good to have some new talent in the scene. **** chaingrab is ****ing gay lol.

Silfa: Thanks again for teaming with me man. Pity we couln't pull out the win. At least we defeated our rivals the Mario Bros in spectacular fashion eh? Your DK is really good. Had great matches with you in singles.

Jambo: Bad luck in the double elims. Your Mario is amazing man. Keep practicing and you'll soon have people shaking their heads in confusion. Don't counterpick Frigate against wolf lol :p

Throwback: Good tp play you again man. You've improved alot since last time I came doown. Had a few unlucky SDs in our games. Some great spiking duels in the water ha ha ha.

Bogoron: I didn't get to Wario ditto you again this time :( As you said you were having a bit of an off day. You're a really good Wario though. That lava on Norfair loves you man. :p

EA: Man you were on fire. That's the best I've ever seen you play... untill you got ***** in the ******* by link of course. :p

Overall it was a really good tourney. Had a few great games with everyone. ACT is really improving all around. Can't wait to see you guys at mine in 2 weeks :)

Also, when are we tripping down to Adelaide? I have some ants to drown.

EverAlert

Smash Master
NNID
EVAL89
3DS FC
2664-2214-3431
This tournament was great! ACT is cold! Bus trips take forever! The whole experience was awesome though, and it's always great to play new and unfamiliar people.

Shoutouts!

Luke: This thing was ran amazingly, I don't think I've ever seen anything run as smoothly as this. Also thanks for housing and everything too. Your Snake is scary, and the incredibly frustrating matchup with Icies didn't help that either. Good stuff.

Throwback: ****s sake, Samus vs Ice Climbers has to be the most retardedly elongated matchup ever. Over the course of the weekend we ran the timer so many times, and our crew match was so ****ing long. That said, those were the most satisfying matches for me. It's good to see you're using Samus again too. :3

Tedeth: Oh God, C-Stick rage ftw. Mad mashing out skills bro, the only person who's even come close to you is Tom. Not much else to say after that, sweet Wolf as always I guess? xD

Satra: Link is so gay. Like sooo so gay. Like the matchup with Samus, Link vs Ice Climbers is a matchup made to go overtime, both sides just have to camp so much, neither can really force the other to approach, it's ****ed. On top of that, your Link is awesome, easily the best I've ever played. Every second playing you was a second spent on my toes. Good ****.

Silfa: Platform camping is the gayest thing ever. EVER. Very nice Kirby, though. :3

Jambo: Why is your Mario so good? Mario's supposed to be ****, but yours is so good, it makes no sense! All my matches playing you were good fun, I'm really impressed. :3

Scott: I hate you. So much.

Toby said:
Don't tell me EA went D3 againt Donkey Kong (and samus? And Mario?). omg.
I didn't use Dedede, Luke's mistaken (tbh if I did at all it was possibly for only one or two games, I didn't win with him at least). I don't even know how to do his infinite lols. All Ice Climbers, baby. :3

It's funny you say that, though, because Silfa used Kirby against me for the top 8, rather than DK. xD

Oh oh, you might be happy to hear I used Trainer in doubles, I utterly failed with him though. Why is Ivysaur so hard to use? ;_;

Girl said:
Considering EA can't even consistently infinite with his main, I highly doubt it.
5th solely using Ice Climbers says you're horribly mistaken. I'm actually pretty ****ing impressed with myself right now, I was playing awesomely the whole tournament. :3

tedeth

Smash Master
Yeah EA was playing really well. He got more grabs than he ever has before on me. Thank god for all that rage DI training with Defiled, it really helped me mash like crazy.:p

Silfa

Smash Ace
Don't tell me EA went D3 againt Donkey Kong (and samus? And Mario?). omg.
Nope. I'm so glad he didn't though. ICs destroyed DK anyway, lol.

Alright, shoutouts.

Luke: Thanks for hosting the tourney again. Only played a couple times, but not like it matters lol.

Ted: yeah, thanks again for teaming. It's definitely a shame that we didn't make the win. Great wolf man and I really think I learnt a fair bit from playing you this weekend.

Defiled: I reckon the games we had in round robin were my favourite ones of the day. Such a solid ROB.

Scoot: Didn't really play you much, but you seem like a great player. Congrats on the win.

EA: ..the grabs! I don't know what I would've done without kirby. Edit: just saw your pos. Platform camping is gay lol, but it's all I had. As if the grab aren't though lol. DK as my witness.

ACT guys: some great matches as always guys. Sorry about completely losing my patience at the end. Also, sorry about releases Bogo. :( I did really njoy our games at the beginning - I'll probably see you on TF2 sometime.

Jambo, gotta love the Mario dittos. :)

Satra, you seemed to come back pretty well, I think? Shame about missing out on top 8. Your set against Jambo for that was pretty good to watch though.

Isaac, I don't think we really played much on the day, but yeah, w/e. See you on the weekend I guess.

So yeah, thanks for all the games everyone. I enjoyed myself.

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
ACT!!! woot, good work guys shoutouts time

Tedeth: as usual our matches were intense and the most fun out of all the matches I had that day, also sorry about your sunny's I'll bring them next week.

Silfa: Your Dk is getting loads better, I think it wont be long before I am dethroned as best of act, nicely played.

Jambo: lol at doubles, dunno what happened but next time we'll remember to warm up and we'll get em for sure.

Scoot: sigh, well played man I was very dissapointed to lose to you but it seems I under estimated you too much, next week though, I'm coming for you.

Defiled: shaun! good to see you again man, hope you had fun playing falcon spaz ways and ******** smash ripoff's. well played at the tourney you've still got the skills that kills.

Isaac: Sounds like you gave everyone a hard time with your samus (inb4fore more like hard on) well done man samus is ****ed hard and if I used her I would come dead last.

Satra: So enojyed your first tourney man? I'd been telling some of the nsw's dudes how good your link was, I think they were very impressed seeing it with their own eyes, very close matches too your starting to scare me!

EA: lol you so did use d3, even if it was only against me. your gay combo's and hobbling and stuffs have really come together man, thank god for nades huh? oh snake is teh lols.

TKLS: lol you drunk ****, thanks for the psp stuffs. shoulda stuck with G&W against me still it was fun matches.

Bogo: good to see you again, keep in touch with us man, we all need to play you. Great Wario as usual, man that thing scares me.

Thanks for coming everyone I had lots of fun. next one will be in august sometime, lets step it up act and show these kids how we roll.

!!! $80 and only 11 entrants lolomgwth.
The biggest prize we had in S.A. for singles was winning quantum of solace 360 game.

See those odd team names? Prepare to get blown away with what my mind can create.
U ain't seen wierd team names yet.
thats cause ACT is the ****, we may not be the best state in terms of skill but we are the coolest.
and if you think you have a creative mind, you should hear about my mario kart dream lol.

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
Should also discuss results of crews. NSW laid down some serious ****. :p
its true, I convienently forgot about that :)
it was really cool to have proper crews though, and what I mean by that was that every player at the tourney was in, and all the other tv's were turned off and everyone sat around and made it awesome.

all the other states should do them like this imo

EverAlert

Smash Master
NNID
EVAL89
3DS FC
2664-2214-3431
Hells yeah, crews were awesome. I'm going to have to get those videos up asap, there's some really good matches in there.

Luke said:
EA: lol you so did use d3, even if it was only against me. your gay combo's and hobbling and stuffs have really come together man, thank god for nades huh? oh snake is teh lols.
I thought you were only supposed to list characters used to success? >.> There are probably one or two more randoms that should be listed next to my name if we're including those. But whatever, it doesn't matter I guess, I just thought it was odd.

But yeah, Snake. Wow. Gayest matchup in the history of everything mirite? I can take running the timer, but the amount of frustration that comes from having so many chances to grab but not being able to because of some nade or some **** is just incredible. The fact that your Snake is so good doesn't exactly help me either. xP

EverAlert

Smash Master
NNID
EVAL89
3DS FC
2664-2214-3431
I was gonna record these myself, but Shaya complained to me that I didn't give him the replays, so I'm just gonna let him do it.

Here they are.

Scabe

Successful Businessman
Is there anyway you can upload them onto youtube?

Oh btw, thanks for teh shoutouts. I'm too lazy to write my own, maybe one day...When this thread is all forgotten.

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
yeah shaya will download that link and convert them or whatever and post them up on youtube

Top Bottom