• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

A.C.T Presents the NO THANKS DAD! invatational, may 31st

tedeth

Smash Master
dw luke can't throw more than 10 grendaes in a row :p

i can't fire 10 blasters

shaya can't do 10 dancing blades

toby can't do 10 rock smashes in a row (he's finished)

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
sigh, dont split hairs, you guys know what I mean, things like tilt locks and chain grabs and infinite grabs and stuff, no more than 10 repitions if that, and if you are abusing it you will be warned, if you do it again you will forfeit your current match, not that that has ever happened.

Throwback

Smash Lord
with all respect 10 repetitions is too high. If you are going to make it that large you may as well just allow infinites - I'm still going to have to switch characters against D3, for example. Even in the states when they have an infinites rule, it's 5 repetitions.

If you want to get rid of the really broken stupid infinite stuff, please just say NO infinite use or you forfeit that game. So if you dtilt twice against a wall it's game forfeit, same as if you do an inescapable regrab with ICs, or perform the infinite regrab version with D3. That way there's no ambiguity & no potential to abuse.

Silfa

Smash Ace
I reckon 5 repetitions is better than none at all as it gets too hard to judge. If chaingrabs are allowed, but changrabs that can infinite just cannot have a regrab, it's a bit stupid. Especially since chaingrabs are usually inescapable anyway despite stopping at whatever percent. Then there's things like uses dtilt against a wall twice not being allowed, but in a lot of cases you'll find another dtilt will hit without a wall anyway.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Banning infinites when just about the only infinite banned in -credible- Americanz (and even Aussie ones) are D3s, and the game isn't falling apart... well eh...

Walls are walls are walls are meant to be stupid. Everyone infinites against a wall~

Zero

Smash Hero
Generally in fighting games walls are not a good place to be, and Brawl certaintly amplifies that.

PS Don't get walled or grabbed or hit.

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
5 rep's is good, but a chaingrab isnt nessacarily an infinte, snakes tech chasing with grabs could be classifed as a chaingrab, ir you dthrow with kirby (I think its down throw) and they attack you out of it instead of moving away you can shield grab them, if they dont learn fast you can do this a few times before they get out of it, so in that instance you just chained 4 grabs together but it wasnt an ifinite and it certainly was very escapable.
thats why its hard to set the line, because you can chain attacks together that are escapeable by using your head and tricking the opponent.

swordsaint

Smash Master
tedeth just pwned

seriously luke, mistakes are meant to be punished and walls are there to be used just like anything else

infinites are cheap, but so is a good metaknight, let's ban metaknight as well, we don't though do we

who really cares?

tedeth

Smash Master
Like there's good reason for the D3 rule. That reason being, a majority of characters, once grabbed, will just die on certain stages from something as simple as a grab form almost any position.

The only ways you're going to get tilt locked against a wall are:
1) You're just dumb and stand there to be tilt locked, in which case you deserve to lose the stock anyway.
2) Your opponent just mind gamed you so hard that you're now in a position where escaping the tilt lock is impossible, in which ccase your oppenent probly deserves to take the stock.

I understand that you want to make it fairer for your low tier mains in Canberra but the best way to improve is to have these things done to you. It will teach you to be craftier in evading not just tilt locks but every other broken aspect of this game.

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
tedeth just pwned

seriously luke, mistakes are meant to be punished and walls are there to be used just like anything else

infinites are cheap, but so is a good metaknight, let's ban metaknight as well, we don't though do we

who really cares?
cheap? theres a difference between pressing one button, and holding up and pressing one button.

everyone cares (if you didnt care you wouldnt bother replying), I'm trying to even out the playing field for everyone so go run your own tournament.

anyways we'll just make it no d3 infinte grab and leave it at that, any other noticable infintes? we've already discussed ic's and they're fine.
tilt locks are in too because without shaya here there probably wont even be one.

Toby.

Smash Master
I don't see a problem with luke banning infinites.

If people can't accept his decisions well too bad, he's the tournament organiser. He puts in a **** load of work and has the right to have whatever rules he wants. At the end of the day infinites are hardly the foundation of anyones game, with the exeption of ice climbers and d3, so who cares if he's just removing a stupid aspect of the game?

If I was presented with two games that were identical save for the fact that in one some characters can infinite, I would choose the game without the infinites. They are dumb, regardless of how cool it is to 'mindgame' somebody into being near a wall. D3 for one doesn't need to mindgame at all if there is a wall, since he can just chaingrab people over to it anyway.

My point is, the fact that luke wants to ban infinites past 5 repetitions shouldn't be something that everyone gets horrified about. He's just taking something STUPID and stopping people from getting an entire stock from it.

He's stopping people doing it for ONE DAY.

I'm sure you'll be able to survive.

geeeeeeeeeez

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
This coming from the guy who was pestering me to NO END trying to figure out the frame dataz so he could get a possible infinite against a wall with Squirtle, amirite?

And god, Tedeth will infinite you against a wall with Wolf.
I'm sure so will really ANYONE.
Toby does cheap ****, abusing bugs. Let's ban infinites against walls AND the bugs toby abuses against me? thats fair.

Toby.

Smash Master
hang on whut?

i was pestering you for frame data so I could figure out the fastest possible jab cancel combinations. None of the pokemon have a wall infinite, and they never will.

Charizard has an infinite on ness. You don't see me using it though, because I'm not a giant douche.

People 0-death chain grab my squirtle all the time.

****ing zing.

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
so yeah no ifinites, you can still do wall and roof stuff cause thats not infintes, and we'll scrap this whole 5 or 10 move rep thing cause that rule is actually really gay cause it stops wolf from using his blaster properly, and smaus from using zair and fox from refreshing his moves with lazers and falco lazer camping and other such fun strats.

get Zair'd!

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
no 5 rep rule, no 10 rep rule, nad spam it is, oh wait I almost forgot, nades dont work on wolf at all.

Gords

Smash Champion
Bad news guys

I missed my flight back from qld and had to pay $50 for the next flight.

Now i have no moneyz to go to canberra.

Soz guys, next time.

tkls

Smash Apprentice
****, 6:00 bus the only one that goes to wollongong... To catch it, or go via sydney...
Ill probably go home via sydney then...

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
hmm well tkls is coming down like 1pm and everyone else is coming down 6:15pm or something so It'd have to be 7pm onwards finish whenever you like but I'm going to bed around 12 or so to get sleep for teh tourney.

alternativly though isaac you could come hang with me eariler, I'll be up all day, and if would probably help if you helped with picking people up from the station.

Drews0

Smash Apprentice
wow, that took me 15minutes to read, and I didn't even finish...
I couldn't figure it out, Luke are you having a practice session or are the times for sydney people arrivals? *confused

Oh, and lol at Gords :p

Drews0

Smash Apprentice
sure, mind telling me what bus you catch though?
and is that the 7:30pm time then?
oh and lol, it is allright that I come isnt it luke? what with all the people arriving and all, just checking :p

Silfa

Smash Ace
I'll probably get one of the buses from Manuka to civic (4, 5, 6 or whatever the weekend equivalent is), then the Interchange bus (intertown i think it's called?) from Civic to Belco, and then one to Holt. Probably the 904 from looking at the website.

If you want to bus it with me, I'm all for that. Let me know if you want to.

Drews0

Smash Apprentice
yeah sure, not going to the tourney tomorrow (physics) so I'll get there anyway possible, I'll have a look after I'm done english creative (and this)

Silfa

Smash Ace
Alright, sounds good luffy. I'll give you a call later or you can call me, w/e. We'll work it out somehow.

So glad I don't have any physics to do this weekend, but unfortunately my english essay won't write itself. back to work. :(

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
Results and shout outs later but the top 4 were
1st. scoot
2nd. Tedeth
3rd. luke
4th. defiled

sorry Attila, I have failed you and brought great shame upon myself.

Top Bottom