• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

9/06/2008 GIGABITS - Back to the Brawling!

h1roshi

Smash Hero
Kissimmee, Florida playing melee! (f*** brawl, th
wow, if i would have won my last match i would have gotten 9th place!!! WTF?!?! i guess i'll stick with kirby. as soon as i find a way to beat snake and MK it'll be a very real and possible chance to start doing real well.

Gmoney and Co18: good stuff for knocking me out. co18, your really good man, i was impressed.
im not sure how i let you win that 2nd game though. i so had you. next time i guess. soooo close to 9th. i wanted to get into single digit placings. i was sooooooo close. maybe next time.

oh, and me and hbox ***** in doubles. "we're not ninjabox/ninjabox" still has it!!! WE ****!!!!!"

-hiro

-hiro

Life After Death

Smash Champion
i dont haate the brawl players just some are gay arrrogant and underestimate melee pros which is the most naive thing u can do lol i hate most brawl players cuz they sandbag lol its just annoying that they convince themself to be so godly and when i would want to get friendlies they just brushed me off like a noob. i didnt even do that in melee i played most people that asked me for friendlies. so now its payback and it feels good to know everyone is easy once again cept for the top players. I dont think anyone from that PR list can beat me bedsides my 4 apprentices in that list u know who u are. Danny has potential he should be alot better than he is. sheer has potential imo always though that

all you brawl noobs get at me.

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
Yea it's underhanded, but it's not unrealistic to assume that you wouldn't take the advantage of a fellow competitor if the opportunity presented himself.

Can you honestly blame john for not teaching him to use it? He said so himself, if he didn't have tornado he would've lost, so why would anyone willingly give up his one advantage against his opponent.
This is my point. At what point does winning surpass friendship? That, I'll never understand. And no...I wouldn't do something like that to you. when you and I play in friendlies, you'll see some of everything I do. Of course I don't go diehard in friendlies to win, but I will throw everything I have at you. and in tournament, I'll do the same. Of course I'm not going to hold something back from you just to beat you in a tournament. You're one of my best friends, man. How could I wake up in the morning after that? even if I did win money with it? that's the best example I could give.

If he's that enthralled with beating Andy at something (which, I'm not saying he is...you mentioned it) then he should check his self-esteem. that's a stupid reason. Andy has beaten me every tourney set we've ever played...including this Brawl one. congrats to him. he's a super chill guy, and I'm not going to worry about it. That's a valid loss. And John is closer to Andy by far than I am. I can't imagine doing that to anybody I liked.

Idk, maybe I'm just not as competitive, but at some point, you have to realize you're winning at a VIDEO GAME. wow life skill...if you can't treat this as a fun way to hang out with friends, then you can take your couple hundred bucks and a whole lot of my pity, because I get more out of it than anybody who thinks that way. I like to win, sure, but if that were my motivation, I would have quit a LONG time ago.

HRNUT (Honey Roasted)

Smash Master
I need a lot more Snake (and some Marth) practice with Wario. Who wants to help my dumbazz out at the next tournament with some for-seriousesies?

"I'm glad I'm white." ~ Gmoney (the "G" stands for "Game" daaamnn)

Oh, and my avatar is amazing! It's the visual representation of Gingerr's supposed "toddler MK." I'm still laughing about this... :laugh: (Thanks, Ging!)

I'm really tired and my roommate is playing annoying songs by John Mayer, man... (and now he's singing them NOOO LOL)

Snee-app-uh! :grrr:

edit: Mew2King says he likes brawl more than melee now! Let's all discuss it for 5 pages while Mooney sulks OMGOMGOMG!!1 Jokes
i'll give you practice G

Gingerr

Smash Lord
I believe you've taken Zoro's post wrong, as he is probably refering to the amount of good matchups MK has, not the ease it takes to use him at a experienced level(M2K, forte, Azen, Chu, Plank, east coast, etc). Zoro is a smart guy, I doubt thats what he meant.
Like I said, I really only quoted him because he said something that was most relevant to what I was going to say, not really because I disagree with HIM.

Metaknights win thats what they do
Ganons dont if i win with ganon im doing something that isnt expected

thats an auto win for metaknight
dont complicate it.
A good Ganon can stomp a dumb Meta Knight. Literally. There are a lot of dumb Meta Knight's. Like I said though, anyone who wants to argue what I'm trying to say, doesn't really know what they're talking about to begin with. If Meta Knight is so auto win on a high level, then where's my 1st place spot? People saw my matches, they can vouch that I know what I'm doing to a high degree, so why haven't I won tournaments yet?

Life After Death

Smash Champion
This is my point. At what point does winning surpass friendship? That, I'll never understand. And no...I wouldn't do something like that to you. when you and I play in friendlies, you'll see some of everything I do. Of course I don't go diehard in friendlies to win, but I will throw everything I have at you. and in tournament, I'll do the same. Of course I'm not going to hold something back from you just to beat you in a tournament. You're one of my best friends, man. How could I wake up in the morning after that? even if I did win money with it? that's the best example I could give.

If he's that enthralled with beating Andy at something (which, I'm not saying he is...you mentioned it) then he should check his self-esteem. that's a stupid reason. Andy has beaten me every tourney set we've ever played...including this Brawl one. congrats to him. he's a super chill guy, and I'm not going to worry about it. That's a valid loss. And John is closer to Andy by far than I am. I can't imagine doing that to anybody I liked.

Idk, maybe I'm just not as competitive, but at some point, you have to realize you're winning at a VIDEO GAME. wow life skill...if you can't treat this as a fun way to hang out with friends, then you can take your couple hundred bucks and a whole lot of my pity, because I get more out of it than anybody who thinks that way. I like to win, sure, but if that were my motivation, I would have quit a LONG time ago.
I agree. emilio did that to me for like 2 weeks. but he learned his lesson and he doesnt SB me no more. prolly cuz of the feeling of finally beating me in tourney....

what are u talking about u know i luv you eeveyrone has opinions about games

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
you can always record me. ill be happy to show other diddys my mistakes and to not do them, or this will happen to you. People learn so much better when they see something rather than reading about it :laugh:

i cant wait to play sheer again. I pray that someone gives him a ride to my tourney in alittle less than two weeks. this time he'll see the true wrath of the monkey. i wont lose faith in him again like i did against colbol :laugh:

PolMex23

Smash Champion
I play better when im recorded or have a crowd behind me

I live off that ****

TELL me now that me an fenrirs matches werent recorded, cuz

A No 1 on Luigi boards believe theres a good Fox an
B No 1 on that board believes in me xD

SheerMadness

Smash Master
:)

Don't worry GDX I'm sure you'll own me next time. Just remember to get ur settings correct before the match.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
I just realized there not...

I

Am

going

To go somewhere

and kill someone...

Ill be back later....
im glad you're too broke to waste the gas to come kill me, cause i know i'd be a candidate :laugh:

i wonder which of my singles matches got recorded. I guess ill find out when i get home

speaking of you wasting gas, you gotta come by the ********* hq every now and then. me and nick will give you so much practice with any character that you need. I picked up D3 just to give him practice against the character, and he picked up wolf to give me some practice while im using MK. And we both know how to use MK so you can get better at the matchup. There was one character you said you needed practice against besides MK but I forgot..remind me and ill go pick him up too.

R!S3

Smash Apprentice
Just wanna tell everyone I had a lot of fun throughout the entire tournament.

Zoro/Marion - Good game...Have to apologize for the castle siege CG kill on Marion :(

Afro/partner - Really good game...Unlucky last game for you guys

Xyz/Rx - Good game

Lime/Mark - You guys are really cool, glad I got a chance to meet both of you...(The wendys coupons saved my life)

Fearless - Thanks for everything...

PolMex23

Smash Champion
lol thannks man

And its Mike not Mark lol

Tell Andrew to stop spiking controllers

And GDX tell me when i can go an ill go, i got some gas money now

Just tell me when

Friday would be cool

whats wierd is that, i thought the whole time with Fenrir we were being recorded.....

PolMex23

Smash Champion
you know i was thinkin about it keith

I had you beat if you didnt basically gimp me 2nd stock

Really think about it

But, who cares. First time you havent 2-0ed me, which means, its my turn to start 2 0ing you xD

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
you know i was thinkin about it keith

I had you beat if you didnt basically gimp me 2nd stock

Really think about it

But, who cares. First time you havent 2-0ed me, which means, its my turn to start 2 0ing you xD
you're right. if i didnt gimp you your 2nd stock you would've beat me. At the time, i was pretty much getting pwned by your snake.

And, do you want me to try to organize something with nick for friday? That way you can even probably stay over saturday night or something. We can even see if we can invite other orlando-ians to come. maybe a $5 mini tourney if we find enough people who wanna come, since theres no tourneys this week :laugh:

im really liking this idea. Imma talk to nick about it today sometime

PolMex23

Smash Champion
Why not, that idea sounds great

Yes yes yes

And ima kill eveer1 i see now, for life isnt worth living, not seeing a Fox an Luigi whip the **** outa each other...

Ka-Master vs (a Good Fox),,,,....

Me or Luigi 1 vs Fenrir....

Very very rare those 2 will ever happen again or be recorded for epic greatness.....

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
if you somehow convince fenrir to come to my tourney in 2 weeks, ill put you guys against each other 1st round AND ill record it :laugh:

Edit: youtube is blocked here at work. What singles matches of mine, if any, got recorded?

Linguini

Smash Master
I agree. emilio did that to me for like 2 weeks. but he learned his lesson and he doesnt SB me no more. prolly cuz of the feeling of finally beating me in tourney....

what are u talking about u know i luv you eeveyrone has opinions about games
i never sb you,you know i dont sandbg anyone cept noobs

PolMex23

Smash Champion
Sure xD

Anytime

My Luigi in Melee might be alittle rusty, not as smooth with the moonwalking an shiz, but, ill mm yah anytime man. Brawl or/and melee xD.

Were you at Gigs? If not you missed some good Weegee action atleast in BRawl xD

Zoro

Smash Champion
Like I said, I really only quoted him because he said something that was most relevant to what I was going to say, not really because I disagree with HIM.

A good Ganon can stomp a dumb Meta Knight. Literally. There are a lot of dumb Meta Knight's. Like I said though, anyone who wants to argue what I'm trying to say, doesn't really know what they're talking about to begin with. If Meta Knight is so auto win on a high level, then where's my 1st place spot? People saw my matches, they can vouch that I know what I'm doing to a high degree, so why haven't I won tournaments yet?

I know that
like i said im doing something thats unexpected, i negate the auto win of a metaknight with my own powah. If you arnt playing right your not going to win a tournament. A skilled metaknight will beat a skilled ganon. So i have to be even better than the other person thats what i mean by auto win. You dont have to be better than me to win , I HAVE to be better than you to win.

There are other characters that auto win, snake, DDD blah blah thats why you dont win because your fighting other auto win characters and those players have more experience. Your still playing an auto win char regardless. Not trying to start controversy im just explaining what i mean.

Life After Death

Smash Champion
i dont think zoro ever knows what he's talking about. this is all i see when i read his reasoning in his post

blah blah blah ATTACK MODE blah

Zoro

Smash Champion
i dont think zoro ever knows what he's talking about. this is all i see when i read his reasoning in his post

blah blah blah ATTACK MODE blah

Oh whatever
I forget that 97% of the people that read my posts play top tiers and have no idea wtf im talking about.

Its 3 years of maining link that keeps me in that mentality
You wouldnt get it unless you have pride in your characters if your just going to tournaments to win money you wont understand where im coming from. I dont want to win tournaments I want to be the best. The best ganon or the best link.

BLAH BLAH BLAH ATTACK MODE BLAH

QDVS

BRoomer
BRoomer
There is no problem between Rx and I on the issue, so it doesn't need to be discussed anymore...

Wow @ saying Lambchops doesn't have pride in his characters...Lamb ONLY ever went Falco no matter how bad he lost, he does the same thing in brawl with snake!!!

He always picks who he likes then perfects them!!!

:colorful:

Zoro

Smash Champion
**** i really shouldnt post at all

Im not saying he doesnt have pride
Im not saying anything about lambchops in particular

Im saying my overall performance with my character is more important to me than my tournament placings. Not many other people can say that

I have pride in being different from other players. Lambchops may have pride in his falco but I have pride in the fact that i can keep up with lambchops falco with link.
He may have 200 tournament wins under his belt and i may have 0 but I still feel good for doing what i do with a character that most consider to be trash.

I know fenrir might know what im talkin about ( fox)

Zoro

Smash Champion
hahahaha. Thanks for the recognition. lol

Us Link players like to be different, I guess
Yeah man that fox of yours is nastee
I was hearing good things about it from other people too.

Anyway thats my last post for the day
ill stop before i say something dumb

its hard to say what i want to say sometimes through writing so most times no one knows wtf im talking about. Also it doesnt help that i see these games differently from others.

Edit:
Also i respect lambchops as a player and i acknowledge that hes leagues ahead of me,
I know he doesnt understand my mindset at all though.

Hai Im Fearless

Smash Lord
Fenrir is ****in' insane. Few more tournies and he's g0d.

How did you do in singles, fen? lol

I lost to co18 and galuda... I was on fire, essentially.

Hai Im Fearless

Smash Lord
I got beat because I was sucking that day...

I was far from fast1 mindset... but don't get me wrong, co18 and galuda are up and coming top 9 placers. If they aren't already.

I really stopped caring after my up b glitched and made me die at 23% because it didn't give me a vertical boost (like olimar's recov isn't bad enough lolol)

So I'm still going to play olimar for good matchups n such (like mk lolol), but for the rest I'm pretty much done with olimar for MK.

Life After Death

Smash Champion
Yeah man that fox of yours is nastee
I was hearing good things about it from other people too.

Anyway thats my last post for the day
ill stop before i say something dumb

its hard to say what i want to say sometimes through writing so most times no one knows wtf im talking about. Also it doesnt help that i see these games differently from others.

Edit:
Also i respect lambchops as a player and i acknowledge that hes leagues ahead of me,
I know he doesnt understand my mindset at all though.
shut up u just an idiot who doesnt know what he's talking about cry more plz. of course u kept up with me u kept up well lol. link is good enough to take on falco anyway if ur using the that link is a bad character and its why im losing jons lol. **** ill pick up link and train with him for a lil bit just to beat you with him lol. lol at "top tier user scrub logic" not my fault my only fun character at brawl happens to be a good character i though he was ok at first and i still mained him lol get **** on kid.

noone is more fun than snake in brawl. every character cept snake is boring its why i quit TL fuking boring *** character playing all other characters in brawl is like watching paint dry or watching one of RX's matchees

shut up fearless u got owned stop crying

Retroend

Retro Gamer
NNID
Re7ron
3DS FC
3669-1436-3958
Switch FC
SW-5947-2141-6122
hey come on now. zoro mains link because he likes him and takes pride in using him. theres nothing wrong with that. its just like me, i take pride in using kirby, even though he sucked in melee.

for those who don't know, i'm originally retro gamer 6, but i decide to start fresh again. now i'm just retro gamer, the one who sucks at melee, and used kirby and pikachu at gigs last weekend. so i'm officially the 1st retro gamer on smashboards.

Zoro

Smash Champion
shut up u just an idiot who doesnt know what he's talking about cry more plz. of course u kept up with me u kept up well lol. link is good enough to take on falco anyway if ur using the that link is a bad character and its why im losing jons lol. **** ill pick up link and train with him for a lil bit just to beat you with him lol. lol at "top tier user scrub logic" not my fault my only fun character at brawl happens to be a good character i though he was ok at first and i still mained him lol get **** on kid.

noone is more fun than snake in brawl. every character cept snake is boring its why i quit TL fuking boring *** character playing all other characters in brawl is like watching paint dry or watching one of RX's matchees

shut up fearless u got owned stop crying
HOW AM I CRYING?

I wasnt even complaining about me losing
because im not losing
Im doing well

In my mind link and ganon are amazing and im trying to change peoples minds about the nastiness of those characters.Im not trying to john.

The only thing that started this whole mess was that i said characters that have an easier time winning are boring. THATS ALL I SAID.

Then gingerr disagreed with the fact that MK is auto win
which i replied why I believe he is
Which you replied "zoro has scrub logic"
Which i replied why i have scrub logic
which q replied dont say chops has no pride
which i replied I didnt say he didnt im just explaining my mindset
which u replied CRY MORE?????

wtf

Yeah TL is boring.

You dont need to get disrespectful especially after I told you that i respected you.
Also i know ANYone can play link and own. Im just a slow learner I dont care if you get as good as me in a day.

Top Bottom