• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

9/06/2008 GIGABITS - Back to the Brawling!

AfroQT

Smash Master
u seriously stop being a ***** ***got tell him to put up the vids omg. I need to study the vids u know. if u dont like being recorded dont watch em. just man up. dont be like m2k cuz he's ***** when it comes to vids ***** whinny asss kids i swear these days. wurd up son wurd up
iunno i just hate being recorded.
I know you need to study vids thats why i played on that TV Sir CHopz.

nevershootme

Smash Master
Ares, I know we were on the recording TV...though if he put them all up (I don't see ours), then I guess it wasn't recorded...:(!!!

:colorful:
i know u 2 were playing and maybe i had stepped out for a moment. but i wasn't sure if the others from FIU hit the record button... maybe that gmoney vs ??? was actually proteus vs qdvs after all. no name tags ftl

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
Andy, btw, I just wanted to say that your Snake was about as entertaining as anything I've played. that was too much fun, man. come over sometime

Rx-

A.K.A. Disafter
I'm incredibly disappointed with Rx as a player...and even a person for that. Do I expect him to do everything possible to win? sure I do... but are you serious? You're using a tactic you don't use in friendlies against him in a freakin tournament? something like 50 times? At what point does wanting to win just become shameless? that was ********. I mean, you're living with him...how lame is that, John? NO amount of money or rep in this game can constitute playing that way against a so-called friend. I'm seriously disappointed in you.

If you take offense to that and want to MM me, I'll take it. I really don't care. You have given me no more reason to respect you as a person. I DARE you to try tornado against me.
I guess to me...it's more that I thought he just DIDN'T tornado anymore!!!

Since he would tell me he doesn't do it much/need it...so whenever we friendlied I thought he was playing by his new style, not needing tornado, therefore I never cared to ask him to tornado me all day (since I figured he was past that phase of metaknight or didn't even think of doing it anymore)!!!

So I've never thought when I told him to not SB and do what he had to do, that he'd do that!!!

>_<

So yeah that's just how I felt about the whole situation...not much more needs to be said really!!!

Fenrir, you can't just go and assume that I'm the hugest @sshole in existance without knowing the whole story. I offered to forfeit to Andy numerous times before our match, because I knew the only way I could beat him is with +++tornado. He told me to just not Sandbag and play seriously, so I played to win. No one even cares except you. Calm down before you have a heart attack.

Me and Andy are BBF. Which is like BFF, but different.

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
Fenrir, you can't just go and assume that I'm the hugest @sshole in existance without knowing the whole story. I offered to forfeit to Andy numerous times before our match, because I knew the only way I could beat him is with +++tornado. He told me to just not Sandbag and play seriously, so I played to win. No one even cares except you. Calm down before you have a heart attack.

Me and Andy are BBF. Which is like BFF, but different.
I'm actually really calm. offering to forfeit doesn't really change anything, John... either way you slice it, it's a ridiculous thing to do...and I'm not the only one who cares...several people have stated it...even before me.

AfroQT

Smash Master
Iunno why you think you'd beat snake by tornadoing MORE.
Vs me the only way you'll win is by tornadoing less.

Essentially you used his not knowing how to handle the tornado against him. Which is wierd since you guys live with each other, you'd think you'd have taught him (after talking to him on AIM i was under the impression he knew how to deal with it). Buttttt apparently you didnt.

Its w/e but..yeah thats gay lol.

QDVS

BRoomer
BRoomer
Well looking back on the vids I already know what I did wrong, and no I didn't know how to deal with it as well as I thought...LOL!!!

I didn't use smart grenade setups, I had a bad habit of side stepping, and I was impatient after I died and would take percent/get owned by the edge...just got to learn from it!!!

AfroQT

Smash Master
8-Bit if you wanna put those videos up (for public viewing rather then private), im okay with it.
I still hate being recorded though.
But other snakes (like QDVS and chops) need to watch to learn.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
i wish everyone played diddy kong. Then they wouldn't have any problems with tornado happy metaknights.

queen, if you ever play online, ill play you with my metaknight and ill spam tornado all game just so you can get used to it and find your ways around it. Or you can watch any vid of afro/hrnut/chops against rx/gmoney as MK, and see what they do. Im sure theres gotta be vids of them somewhere

Life After Death

Smash Champion
they dont thats the gay thing. i had to learned to deal wth tornadoes myself by getting linguini to use mk. i learned how to figth mk better b4 linguini evne used mlk on me. he just improved me vs mk now

HRNUT (Honey Roasted)

Smash Master
Hrnut finally in the House and i'm posting shout outs...
GDX, Walnut, Acorn, Pecan, and Hrnut 2 (robbie) :laugh:: thanks for coming and being there supporting me all the way through till i got knocked out, GDX you're an awesome teammate, i guess after the talk of justice at that jamaican restaurant you started doing what i asked, Good **** Walnut, Pecan, hrnut 2 you guys are awesome thanks for coming to support i hope ya'll start to enter tourneys soon, don't be afraid of metaknight he's very beatable. Acorn, you are one wild little kid, the president of ********* imo :laugh: thanks for always being behind me to tell me how much i suck and making me laugh during my matches you always make tournament fun, learn to be patient and trust me you'll be a beast, good job fighting chaz.
Danny: you’re on the list lol, I was happy to have had the chance to fight you again the don't call you the best pit in the world for anything, next time i fight you though i'm going all marth and we're gonna have epic battles, **** timer almost ran out on that match, ggs.
Chaz: its good as always to see you at tourney had fun doing that 1$ mm (mmm...whopper jr.) lol, we're gonna team soon enough and do that idea you had, its gonna be epic lol
Bonesaw: lol, I could of heard the wrong but do you hate the word gimp or something, a lot of people use it too so, just always be ready to hear gimp(ed) a couple of times at a tournament, lol glad you could make it…good thing you didn’t have hurricane johns lol
Tommy G: thanks for being there and letting me watch you play falco, i just started playing with him like a week ago and i got afro down to 1-stock without really trying, i did that sliding pivot grab once yesterday thanks for telling me how its done, i plan to play him a lot more in tourneys from now on.
8-bit: Glad you came, i was hoping that you had won that match against rx- because i love to see great players overcome a challenge and beating rx- would be the first step to become one of the best, imo.
CFL: (xyz, rx- amber, colbol, q..etc.) thanks for coming, glad you guys could make it, sorry about having to go mk vs you colbol, next time don’t ban luigi’s mansion and i’ll pick someone else (laughs maniacally) lol, hope i see ya’ll at the next tourney.
Marin: I didn’t even get to play you this time I was hoping to at least get a friendly in…hope that your peach has gotten a lot better look at excel zero vids so that one day you’ll **** gigs with her ;)
Afro: you’re officially added to the list, congrats and don’t let one tourney break your spirit, if I had done that I wouldn’t be here placing top 5 for the past 4 tourneys that I have attended, next time I won’t sandbag and I’m gonna fight you with marth, falco and jiggs if it’s the finals of any sort, lol later.

LAST BUT NOT LEAST HUNGRYBOX: GGs I had fun fighting you, i enjoyed the battles, and whomever said D3 had a really hard time against MK really needs to fight you or colbol, and from what I heard you thought olimar was random…they don’t call me the random box for nothing, guess next time we fight I know what you’re banning so will danny and eventually everyone else, lol btw I was about to main olimar for a bit so me playing him was planned, when I said I might play MK against you that’s who I was actually thinking about playing as

To everyone else that was there I hope you all enjoyed yourself as much as I did,

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
oh yea....hurricane johns! GALEON I CANT BELIEVE YOU. you better show up to my tourney in 2 weeks, or you may be hurt. just sayin

...that jamacian beef patty from that place was so good. I gotta remember to go there next gigs

HRNUT (Honey Roasted)

Smash Master
Well looking back on the vids I already know what I did wrong, and no I didn't know how to deal with it as well as I thought...LOL!!!

I didn't use smart grenade setups, I had a bad habit of side stepping, and I was impatient after I died and would take percent/get owned by the edge...just got to learn from it!!!

try to attend the next smashfest at fenrir's i promise i'll find a way to come as long as i know in an adequate amount of time, let me know that you're gonna be there and i'll show you how to fight tornado happy MK's;)

Life After Death

Smash Champion
iono wy hrnut dont go to colins crib u both could get so good if u train. hrnut train with colin and you gonna thank me afterwards after like a month of str8 training with him. he's basically by far the best training u can get up there. him and queen. take this opportunity now or regret it later son

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
iono wy hrnut donit go to colins crib u both could get so good if u train. hrnut train with colin and you gonna thank me afterwards after like a month of str8 training with him. he's basically by far the best training u can get up there. him and queen. take this opportunity now or regret it later son
dang... .

nevershootme

Smash Master
8-Bit if you wanna put those videos up (for public viewing rather then private), im okay with it.
I still hate being recorded though.
But other snakes (like QDVS and chops) need to watch to learn.
HRnut: Rx- style is a different case than bonesaw's since i can take on bonesaw easier than him... and it's getting quite annoying that he tornados more...

That's it afro...

Summary of all of this: Back in july he complains about do not record him... days later he says it's ok.. and now after gigs and says do not record me again...

seriously.. i'm gonna freaking charge the next time i come to a tournament to setup a recorder and live feed...

This conversation dates back to july:

[22:36] BadMisterrrFrost: why would you upload that video
[22:36] BadMisterrrFrost: of me gettin owned by noucles
[22:37] Never Shoot Me: i posted a reply
[22:37] Never Shoot Me: i'll remove it
[22:37] Never Shoot Me: ..
[22:37] BadMisterrrFrost: nah
[22:37] BadMisterrrFrost: ont
[22:37] BadMisterrrFrost: ong as you can honestly tell me you didnt do it just to spite me
[22:37] BadMisterrrFrost: or somethin

[22:38] BadMisterrrFrost: alright cool thats what i thought
[22:38] BadMisterrrFrost: then im not angry
[22:38] BadMisterrrFrost: but i thought that
[22:38] BadMisterrrFrost: you uploaded like
[22:38] BadMisterrrFrost: LOOK AT AFRO GETTIN OWNED
[22:38] BadMisterrrFrost: and i was thinkin
[22:38] BadMisterrrFrost: wow if he did that
[22:38] Never Shoot Me: hell no, i wouldn't even put that in the description
[22:39] Never Shoot Me: everyone gets picky and angry when someone uploads something of them losing a match
[22:39] BadMisterrrFrost: no i didnt just lose
[22:39] BadMisterrrFrost: i got
[22:39] BadMisterrrFrost: embarassinglyh
[22:39] BadMisterrrFrost: stomped
[22:39] BadMisterrrFrost: destroyed
[22:39] BadMisterrrFrost: theres videos of me losing to icekid online
[22:39] BadMisterrrFrost: im not ashamed of them
[22:39] BadMisterrrFrost: that video is just like
[22:39] BadMisterrrFrost: oh dear
[22:39] BadMisterrrFrost: look at this kid'

days later:

[17:20] BadMisterrrFrost: yo wassup
[17:20] BadMisterrrFrost: i've decided to overcome my fear
[17:20] BadMisterrrFrost: and you can now record me
[17:20] BadMisterrrFrost: lol
[17:21] Never Shoot Me: ok?
[17:21] Never Shoot Me: dude it's not like i have a camcorder sticking to your face
[17:21] Never Shoot Me: there's a difference
[17:21] BadMisterrrFrost: lol
[17:21] BadMisterrrFrost: i hate it when i get recorded meng
[17:21] BadMisterrrFrost: i choke
[17:21] BadMisterrrFrost: everyt ime i **** u pim like
[17:21] BadMisterrrFrost: **** people will watch this on youtube and laugh
[17:22] Never Shoot Me: it's like the 2nd time i've ever recorded your matches anyways
[17:22] BadMisterrrFrost: lol i know
[17:22] BadMisterrrFrost: i mean i hate being recorded PERIOD
[17:22] BadMisterrrFrost: by anything
[17:22] BadMisterrrFrost: my family knows this
[17:22] BadMisterrrFrost: as its plagued them worse thena nyone else

AfroQT

Smash Master
lol wtf how do you have that convo thats IMPOSSIBLE!

Also i just cut my afro.

And thats when you put that video up of me vs Noucles in melee.

Where i get like super 4 stocked cuz i could NOT hit him

Life After Death

Smash Champion
lol wtf how do you have that convo thats IMPOSSIBLE!

Also i just cut my afro.

And thats when you put that video up of me vs Noucles in melee.

Where i get like super 4 stocked cuz i could NOT hit him
LOL THATS IMPOSSIBLE. yea just ignore fro when he says dont record him. just put em up shamelessly without thinking of him like when people kill small african children do it shamelessly

LOL at at bveing plauged by recordings hahahahah tooo good. i been cursed on having this huge c0ck and u dont see me complaining. i **** a blue whale if i want to

Frames

DI
I'm incredibly disappointed with Rx as a player...and even a person for that. Do I expect him to do everything possible to win? sure I do... but are you serious? You're using a tactic you don't use in friendlies against him in a freakin tournament? something like 50 times? At what point does wanting to win just become shameless? that was ********. I mean, you're living with him...how lame is that, John? NO amount of money or rep in this game can constitute playing that way against a so-called friend. I'm seriously disappointed in you.

If you take offense to that and want to MM me, I'll take it. I really don't care. You have given me no more reason to respect you as a person. I DARE you to try tornado against me.
C'mon Fenrir, don't you think that's pretty ridiculous? Tornado spam is not a new concept, especially here in FL, so to just outwardly bash him for it isn't fair. Yes tornado spam is gay, and seems dishonest, and cheap, but it IS part of the game, and he has every right to do it. So he doesn't use it in friendlies, a lot of people don't get super competitive in friendlies, that's just how some people choose to play. The last gigs I went to I lost to tornado spam, and at first I was pissed at the guy, but then I realized I was more upset at myself for losing to ONE move.

If you go to a tournament, you're expected to play your best, regardless of who you play or what the situation is. Tornado spam is stupid, but it works, and if you can use it and win, why not? It's not his fault that he plays a character that is inherently flawed. If you have to blame anyone blame the system, he's just playing the character with the moves that were designed for him. To lose respect for someone for cheating or playing dishonest is one thing; losing respect for simply playing the game to its design, that's a little unreasonable.

Either learn to counter spam or don't play, eventually learning to beat it will actually help stop this sort of thing from happening, since people won't win anymore. The fact that Rx- didn't win, or get any money is already proof that you can't just tornado spam to victory.

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
C'mon Fenrir, don't you think that's pretty ridiculous? Tornado spam is not a new concept, especially here in FL, so to just outwardly bash him for it isn't fair. Yes tornado spam is gay, and seems dishonest, and cheap, but it IS part of the game, and he has every right to do it. So he doesn't use it in friendlies, a lot of people don't get super competitive in friendlies, that's just how some people choose to play. The last gigs I went to I lost to tornado spam, and at first I was pissed at the guy, but then I realized I was more upset at myself for losing to ONE move.

If you go to a tournament, you're expected to play your best, regardless of who you play or what the situation is. Tornado spam is stupid, but it works, and if you can use it and win, why not? It's not his fault that he plays a character that is inherently flawed. If you have to blame anyone blame the system, he's just playing the character with the moves that were designed for him. To lose respect for someone for cheating or playing dishonest is one thing; losing respect for simply playing the game to its design, that's a little unreasonable.

Either learn to counter spam or don't play, eventually learning to beat it will actually help stop this sort of thing from happening, since people won't win anymore. The fact that Rx- didn't win, or get any money is already proof that you can't just tornado spam to victory.
You miss the point. Afro said it really well with:

"Essentially you used his not knowing how to handle the tornado against him. Which is wierd since you guys live with each other, you'd think you'd have taught him (after talking to him on AIM i was under the impression he knew how to deal with it)."

You would think that, as a friend, he would refrain frmo that, or teach him how to play against it. As Afro stated, against Snake, you would normally tornado less....except he did it more, showing that he understood Q didn't know how to beat it. explain that to me in John's defense.

SheerMadness

Smash Master
Afro I was gonna come get u after I got my money but it was right after u lost in winner's finals.

I didn't think you'd be in the mood for a money match so I just left.

Leh

Smash Ace
Afro I was gonna come get u after I got my money but it was right after u lost in winner's finals.

I didn't think you'd be in the mood for a money match so I just left.
ha my bad i always look pissed right after i lose. Yeah we gotta do our MM. Good tourney matches!

Frames

DI
You miss the point. Afro said it really well with:

"Essentially you used his not knowing how to handle the tornado against him. Which is wierd since you guys live with each other, you'd think you'd have taught him (after talking to him on AIM i was under the impression he knew how to deal with it)."

You would think that, as a friend, he would refrain frmo that, or teach him how to play against it. As Afro stated, against Snake, you would normally tornado less....except he did it more, showing that he understood Q didn't know how to beat it. explain that to me in John's defense.
He's just exploiting the fact that Q didn't know how to beat it. He knows that he's been working all summer long, which limited his time to go to tournaments, coupled with his already existing predisposition to brawl in the first place would mean that he doesn't have as much experience fighting tornado spam as other snakes. Yea it's underhanded, but it's not unrealistic to assume that you wouldn't take the advantage of a fellow competitor if the opportunity presented himself.

Can you honestly blame john for not teaching him to use it? He said so himself, if he didn't have tornado he would've lost, so why would anyone willingly give up his one advantage against his opponent. Maybe he just likes the fact that for the first time, he's better than Andy at a smash game, even if only by one gay move, and he knows that once Andy learns to beat tornado spam he'll never lose to him again. The top players of brawl were the top players of melee, lambchops is right, and once Andy figures out the game more, then he'll be a top player again too, and maybe by not practicing tornado spam he can enjoy being better for a little while longer, and there's nothing wrong with that.

****in brawl this dumb **** never happened in melee idk why this ****y game existsssss y did they have to make this game this way aaaaaaaaagh

mkGmoney

Smash Ace
Jacksonville, FL (UNF) Location: Tavares, FL (for
I need a lot more Snake (and some Marth) practice with Wario. Who wants to help my dumbazz out at the next tournament with some for-seriousesies?

"I'm glad I'm white." ~ Gmoney (the "G" stands for "Game" daaamnn)

Oh, and my avatar is amazing! It's the visual representation of Gingerr's supposed "toddler MK." I'm still laughing about this... :laugh: (Thanks, Ging!)

I'm really tired and my roommate is playing annoying songs by John Mayer, man... (and now he's singing them NOOO LOL)

Snee-app-uh! :grrr:

edit: Mew2King says he likes brawl more than melee now! Let's all discuss it for 5 pages while Mooney sulks OMGOMGOMG!!1 Jokes

Top Bottom