• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

6-4 Matchup 27: - November 30th, 2013 - Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Bing

Smash Master
What is the rule of Parents and these things? My mom is all concerned about leaving me in downtown Toronto without because I couldn't get any friends to come with me and I'd be by myself.
I'd go with seeing as Im also from Niagara and been going to these since they started up :p But Unforunately thats the only day in March that im busy :( <-- This angers me D:

maybe next month?

I'm curious. Explain why that's an odd choice.
Aha, Im not used to the old rules, I forgot the Green Green's used to be a legit stage

Summonedfist

Smash Lord
first time i played david was sometime in AN07 and he wrecked me with either kirby/ics or shiek
first time i played ryan it was vs his fox. the games went from near 4stock, 3 stock, to 2 stock, and everyone was impressed i adapted.
but those days were short lived LOLOL

i played kyle at some tourney and i almost beat him in a game or something and with the applejacks shinanegans lol. winner played imadh tho so blah. same tourney where i baffled gta's mind when i beat afrochris and stos in the jankiest sets ever LOL tied with jake and life was grand
first time i payed mike i cannot remember. at some OiN probably...
bernard... wrecked me in fox dittos and from then on i hated fox dittos

played james some tourney after the niagara tourney in a febuary of some year lol. knowing some guy travelled from guelph for SMASH let alone brawl just blew my mind

played kurtis when he mained ganon at the same tourney i met james LOL that or it was a tourney in some januaury in waterloo when the gta had enough interest to get off their ***** and travel our direction for once LOL
then kurtis mained pikachu LMAO
then he mained fox and was janky
then he mained puff like a loser
and then he got really good somehow... i remember always ****** him and now we go like 6:4 in his favour >_>

played tristan at one of nightmare's tourney or the same tourney where i met kurtis or something i can't remmeber
played reis in a super fun set at that taking back saturday or something. one of the most fun sets in my life. it was a horrible horrrible tourney tho. i think only james knows why LOL

now i'm just bored and procrastinating studying like always

played imadh i can't remember when i think one of grmo's tourneys.
also, played josh first time ever at some of grmo's tourney. funnest 40 min friendlies ever lol
and coolhat first time... beat him in a set 2-1 going marth/falco/fox LOL and everyone was surprised >_> then he beat me in a waterloo tourney 3-2 consisting of peach/falco vs luigi LOL

Crooked Crow

drank from lakes of sorrow
Aha, Im not used to the old rules, I forgot the Green Green's used to be a legit stage
Does anyone know whether or not the bombs fall on a timer?

My guess as to why it's banned is because the blocks create walls- and I dislike the spaces in Green Greens too. Also, exploding bombs.

It's certainly more viable than other banned stages. But eh.

unknown522

Some guy
I'm 100% sure I didn't say that. Probably mike or something.

But sure.

The set vs Kyle, you almost won in branpton. It was last game and you had the lead then.....you got rested (twice?). Then Kyle asked 'where did you come from?'

You also kept asking me 'what character should I go?' during counter picking.

Edit: AN08 was the first time I met you I think. Cuz that was when brawl came out and we had the one setup for melee (because MDK [currently known as RDK {and plays MvC3 now}] got adnan kicked off the staff so that melee would get canceled for brawl to have more setups for their tourney). We also had a 50 cent mm. Also, I wasn't at AN07.

AN09 was the one with the 64 man bracket (the vids are still on YouTube. David, Bernard, and I). But I don't remember of you were there.

:phone:

Summonedfist

Smash Lord
Well that was like 5 yrs ago soooo i dunno LOL

and yeah, before i got competitive i had a huge lack of faith in fox lol and always liked suggestions
at least i'm not soo much like that anymore :embarrass:

Summonedfist

Smash Lord
yes!! we did have a 50cent mm! LOL

and hmmmmm i'm rather certain we met before brawl came out. i remember when it was the brawl tourney, i walked up to you guys saying "yoo! i remember you guys!" or something. i know the mm happened with the brawl tourney and the single set up was supplied by me lol. but i'm almost certain that was the second time i met you guys...

JPOBS

Smash Hero
the first time i played ryan and bernard was in first round doubles at Prepare Yourself back in 09. they were one hit away for 8 stocking me and kurtis as double falcon lol. then in game 2 ryan tried to switchto pichu and i was so mad at the disrespect but bernard made him go back to falcon lol.

BUT THEN WE RAN THAT SH*T BACK 2 YEARS LATER AND BEAT YOU GUYS IN WF OF THAT ONE TOURNY SO WHATS REALLLY GOOD?!!?!!?

Reis

Smash Rookie
played reis in a super fun set at that taking back saturday or something. one of the most fun sets in my life. it was a horrible horrrible tourney tho. i think only james knows why LOL
I still remember that set I wish we played on the recording setup :( what was so bad about the tourney? I don't really remember what was so bad about it was my first tourney so it seemed good at the time.

Summonedfist

Smash Lord
6:4 is a pretty specific number ratio... I don't remember the last time you won a set against him since he improved o.O? (LBT2) I guess?
um, i say 6:4 it could even be 6.5:3.5 but def not 7:3
we haven't played a tourney set since taking back saturday vs his puff i think. and it was a close set. i have personal johns for that tourney lol

we played a MM in that one place in the summer in that venue that was hot as **** with SF and MvC3 going on and he beat me 3:2 in the fox ditto i thinkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk

generally in friendlies we go semi even but he wins the odd more games imo. it's hard to tell since the sample size is really small since we always try different matchups.

kurtis for best tier 2 sparring partner (i say tier 2 cuz david is a beast at teaching too, but ryan just ***** me all the time LOL)

again i count friendlies for lack of sampling and we both try pretty hard in them imo lol even if we're just throwing ourselves at each other xD

maybe you met mike and david before, but I'm pretty sure that was the first time we met.
that must be it then; i thought you were there every time lol i just knew i never met bernard at AN

it must be it cuz i FINALLY found this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EGn4EaxGAYE
lawls match it's funny how bad you used to be mike ;) and i forgot his name was mispelled at the time lol

I still remember that set I wish we played on the recording setup :(
yeah i wish it was recorded xD

Reis and I played our first tournament at the same event.

He consistently get 5th. I dont make it out of pools.

I feel so ****.
it takes work lol

AND YAAA TRISTAN prepare yourself was that jank tourney with me beating afro/stos/almostkyle lolol

Europhoria

Smash Lord
I'm 100% sure I didn't say that. Probably mike or something.

But sure.

The set vs Kyle, you almost won in branpton. It was last game and you had the lead then.....you got rested (twice?). Then Kyle asked 'where did you come from?'

You also kept asking me 'what character should I go?' during counter picking.

Edit: AN08 was the first time I met you I think. Cuz that was when brawl came out and we had the one setup for melee (because MDK [currently known as RDK {and plays MvC3 now}] got adnan kicked off the staff so that melee would get canceled for brawl to have more setups for their tourney). We also had a 50 cent mm. Also, I wasn't at AN07.

AN09 was the one with the 64 man bracket (the vids are still on YouTube. David, Bernard, and I). But I don't remember of you were there.

:phone:
I don't think I would have said that, I'd probably have said Ryan was falling asleep or something.

Bing

Smash Master
-_- I originally just used a lot of drillshines. Im using a lot less now, a lot more bairs and nairs.

I use more short hop uairs. Believe it or not, I actually put a lot of thought into our 10-15 minute "lets make Bing a pro" Session.

idea

Smash Master
IF YOU SAY IT IT'S NOT A SECRET

<_<

yeah, I wanna do that tech skilly short hoppy stuff you guys do, but I just can't keep up playing the same style you guys are all so much better at, so I gotta try to work out a different one. it would help if i got into the habit of JC grabbing too, then i could get grabs sometimes that don't necessarily have to be reads...

edit: to put it another way--it's not that my plan is to wait for you to act so i can react; it's that, if i don't continually prepare myself to react to everyone else's speed, i kind of die.

Summonedfist

Smash Lord
lol w/e guys who cares who said what geez it was back in '07/'08 lol

only the future now =D the ppl i've always wanted to see succeed got top ten at apex way to represent :)

Engo

Smash Ace
Lol I'm pretty much the same. My first tourney was in '07 and by then I already knew AT's and a bit about the game in general. Then I didn't go back to a tourney for a year, went to another one then didn't play for a year and it kinda repeated till last year. So my first tourney was technically 5 years ago and I'm a scrub. I didn't practice though so that's probably it.

Jethrotex

Smash Journeyman
MM Peach dittos? 5$ Bo3?
Sorry, I would, but I have a massive addiction to gambling that tore apart my family and friends leaving me broke and homeless on the side of Bay street with nothing more than some raggedy clothing and a bit of mayonnaise. I never get to see my children who are trapped in an orphanage because my ex-wife's addiction to glue sticks forced her into social segregation (she left me to make a sculpture out of said glue) while my own social status deemed me unworthy to care for them.

I now cling to my ambition of becoming the next top model of Latvia in the hopes of resurrecting the poor nation's popularity as it helped me in my time of need. I plan to do this with the help of Super Smash Brother's Melee, a bit of magic, run-on sentences, and an old Chinese man. One day I will see my 16 children again, one day.

Jethrotex

Smash Journeyman
Peach dittos aren't really complicated.
Yeah, but I think my overall game hasn't quite reached a point where I'm completely confident in money matching someone; the added stress would kill me :S, tournament matches already do that to me. Plus there's a whole element I know I'm missing and I'm trying to work on it as well as keeping reasonably calm. :p

idea

Smash Master
Lol I'm pretty much the same. My first tourney was in '07 and by then I already knew AT's and a bit about the game in general. Then I didn't go back to a tourney for a year, went to another one then didn't play for a year and it kinda repeated till last year. So my first tourney was technically 5 years ago and I'm a scrub. I didn't practice though so that's probably it.
it was at T9 or T8 or something, wasn't it? I remember playing you at that and talking about it, it was either your first or one of your first tournaments. it would have been my 2nd or 3rd or so...

Engo

Smash Ace
Yup T9, I almost won a set we played. Just goes to show how long I've been around going to like 1 tourney a year while you started after me and actually practiced and came to tourneys regularly now you place like 4th in tournies and I'm still a noob lol

edit: My first was Starfurry so this was probably my 2nd. (Note the months of absence inbetween lol)

Summonedfist

Smash Lord
MM Peach dittos? 5$ Bo3?
yoo mm my scrub peach in the ditto

So my first tourney was technically 5 years ago and I'm a scrub. I didn't practice though so that's probably it.
edit: My first was Starfurry so this was probably my 2nd. (Note the months of absence inbetween lol)
met you there probably and then again 2 yeras later lol. somehow i'm smashboardsolder than you...

edited for quote fail

Engo

Smash Ace
I'm pretty sure I know what you look like from the A & C tourneys but I have zero recollection of meeting you before lol.

Anyways hows the March tourney looking in attendance? The usual 20-25?
Also Bing $2 mm Bo3?

Top Bottom