• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

6-4 Matchup 27: - November 30th, 2013 - Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Summonedfist

Smash Lord
I'm pretty sure I know what you look like from the A & C tourneys but I have zero recollection of meeting you before lol.
we sat down for a bunch of friendlies at taking back saturday and i think that was the 2nd time i established who you were. first time was probably a&c

i just remembered a bunch of asians at one starfurry. we probably didn't 'meet' per say but w/elol

Bing

Smash Master
yoo mm my scrub peach in the ditto
Accepted. 2$ Bo3?

Also Bing $2 mm Bo3?

Yeah Fox Dittos?

Also guys.I want to apologize formy recent attitude.Been kinda ******** the last few days.

Yhii: You're better than me(I think :S) I still wanna mm your Sheik :)
Ryan: Your Pichu ***** mine(which I never said it didnt) I still wanna do that 2 stock challenge though:)
Jeth: Sorry for saying Im better than you in Peach dittos; We dont actually know that based off one game.

And Anyone else I was a dink too,Im sorry :(

Engo

Smash Ace
Any character you want I'll definitely go fox though. Yoshi ditto would be weird I'd probably lose patience ask me about that one next time we play. Yoshi vs your fox, I'd be interested in though :p

Jethrotex

Smash Journeyman
Jeth: Sorry for saying Im better than you in Peach dittos; We dont actually know that based off one game.
Lol, don't worry about it, I didn't take any offense. My comment talked about playing Shadow the Hedgehog to determine which of our Peaches were better so... y'know, that's as non-serious as it gets :p

Bing

Smash Master
Any character you want I'll definitely go fox though. Yoshi ditto would be weird I'd probably lose patience ask me about that one next time we play. Yoshi vs your fox, I'd be interested in though :p
Fox dittos sound great (Can we stream it for critique purposes?
Im also game for My Fox vs Your Yoshi.

Lol, don't worry about it, I didn't take any offense. My comment talked about playing Shadow the Hedgehog to determine which of our Peaches were better so... y'know, that's as non-serious as it gets :p
I know but I still felt like a ****:S

idea

Smash Master
yhii, i'm still up for those luigi dittos at some point :p

and pretty much any other MMs come to think of it. i like MMs but they rarely seem to happen at locals.

Bing

Smash Master
Kyle I am trying to change that... I have a mm with Ryan, 2 with Yhii, 2 with Bernal and Ill accept more :)

Also I'd love to do Weegee dittos... but not a mm... im not confident in my luigi

Crooked Crow

drank from lakes of sorrow
yhii, i'm still up for those luigi dittos at some point :p

and pretty much any other MMs come to think of it. i like MMs but they rarely seem to happen at locals.
Luigi dittos are the jankiest matchup in this game. But sure, I'm down. Bo3? $2?

Summonedfist

Smash Lord
kyle your fox my samus :awesome:

Accepted. 2$ Bo3?
aight

we sat down for a bunch of friendlies at taking back saturday and i think that was the 2nd time i established who you were.
I've never heard of a tourney called Taking Back Sunday.
neither have i...who knows maybe i do have the wrong person :p

Jethrotex

Smash Journeyman
neither have i...who knows maybe i do have the wrong person :p
You've never been to Taking Back SUNDAY!? Dude, during half-time when all the pools were done and that one guy that always faints fainted, they had an amazing band doing a cover of a Jason Mraz Song. There were 5 band members, 4 of which played one chord each and the 5th guy sung.

It was off the CHAIN! Sunday was taken back for sure!

Edit: The thing I was microwaving needed to be put back D; and now I have nothing to write while waiting.

Bing

Smash Master
LOL This was the first time I made it out of pools... by Default...

My pool was I.B, some Sheik and GURU.

Top 3 made it out.

Imadh never came. I finished last(3rd) so by default, I made it out :)

This was my first ever tournament, and last for about 6-7 months.
(i wasnt really serious then)

My best memory was when Josh(Sanuzi) Sacred Combo'd me across FoD just to have me drop down and Ken combo him back across. God I was horrible then.. I could hardly wavedash.

Bing

Smash Master
I do have tech skill and stuff...I just... I dont know... Last time I was in the stream pool which was a difficult one.. but even still... I got 2-1'd by like... everyone except James and Camilo in a 6 person pool.

I should have won two of those for sure, but I ****ed up, which I why I get so Pissed at myself. I know Im better than this :p

DeadLastClown

Smash Apprentice
When you register for a tournament what are you required to fill out? Just your name and/or email or something?

DeadLastClown

Smash Apprentice
You dont even need to register for these Locals, you hand the TO money, and they take your nickname so DeadLastClose" and thats it.
So you walk in and the TO will be sitting at some table with a cash register? and I'll be going by a different name than that.

Bing

Smash Master
No... just go to the event and you'll figure it out mighty quick.

Basically the TO. Unknown or KirbyKaze will yell for everyone to line up outside the venue. You pay Venue at this point, then walk to either KK or Unknown, and tell them your name, and what you are entering and give them the cash. Simple as that.

_eternal

Smash Apprentice
honestly if you have any sort of foundation in tech skill making it out of pools shouldn't be a problem
Well, sorta. I've noticed that the bottom 4 in pools are usually about even and we have to fight for 2 spots so it seems largely dependent on MU knowledge IMO. Like, don't get gimped if you're a techy aggro spacie and don't get shinespiked if you're a slow Marth.

(This is what 90% of the pools matches I remember came down to lol).

Bing

Smash Master
I hate Falco.. and thats all I get.. lmfao Im putting in so much work on that MU right now XD

Attending? Too broke to do money matches though.

Leaving at around 5-5:30 - If I cant take part in something due to time Im sorry... Imma try my best

If someone needs a partner, Ill team with them, If I can afford it...

Actually looking at my bank statement... friendlies only!

Engo

Smash Ace
Well, sorta. I've noticed that the bottom 4 in pools are usually about even and we have to fight for 2 spots so it seems largely dependent on MU knowledge IMO. Like, don't get gimped if you're a techy aggro spacie and don't get shinespiked if you're a slow Marth.

(This is what 90% of the pools matches I remember came down to lol).
Yeah top 1 or 2 seed is always a given but there's a group of around 5-7 players around the same level that usually have some close sets for those remaining spots.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
I half agree with that.

I think MUs matter in the sense that knowing the really important stuff (and using it decently) makes a huge difference (see: grabbing with Sheik vs Puff). So experience matters in that respect.

I think any character can still beat any character at that level though. Mostly because Foxes still miss l-cancels and Sheiks don't space. And so forth and so on.

Riddlebox

Smash Journeyman
I do have tech skill and stuff...I just... I dont know... Last time I was in the stream pool which was a difficult one.. but even still... I got 2-1'd by like... everyone except James and Camilo in a 6 person pool.

I should have won two of those for sure, but I ****ed up, which I why I get so Pissed at myself. I know Im better than this :p
You got 2-0'd by roid rage.

_eternal

Smash Apprentice
I half agree with that.

I think MUs matter in the sense that knowing the really important stuff (and using it decently) makes a huge difference (see: grabbing with Sheik vs Puff). So experience matters in that respect.

I think any character can still beat any character at that level though. Mostly because Foxes still miss l-cancels and Sheiks don't space. And so forth and so on.
Yeah, this is what I was thinking. 6-4 MUs and worse are totally winnable at this level if you know the MU on a basic level and focus on the important stuff. I think I'd lose to Samus despite Marth being supposedly good there because I've (almost literally) never fought her before.

Top Bottom