• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

6-4 Matchup 27: - November 30th, 2013 - Toronto, Ontario, Canada

unknown522

Some guy
6-4 Matchup: The Final Test Monthlies @
View this Livestream @: http://www.twitch.tv/acgamesonline
Previous monthly tournament results:​
Previous monthly video threads:
Video Channels:
Thread Mostly Copy + Pasted from the Brawl thread for A&C Games.​
Address: 702a Spadina Avenue​
Main Intersection: Bloor & Spadina​
Where: Toronto, Ontario, Canada​
Date: November 30th, 2013​
Schedule:
Depending on the events happening and the amount of entrants, It'll be something like this:​
12PM - 1PM: Doors open + registration​
1PM - 2PM: Singles Pools 1st wave (If over 24 entrants. Otherwise all done at once)​
2PM - 3PM: Singles Pools 2nd wave (If over 24 entrants. Otherwise all done at once)​
3PM - 5PM: Doubles (maybe)​
5PM - 8PM: Singles Bracket + Project M (P:M will start at 5:30)​
8PM - 9PM: Finishing up if we're not done already​
9PM: event officially ends. No exceptions.​
*Times are subject to change depending on the number of entrants​
If under 16 entrants, we'll probably just do straight bracket and finish up early​
I'll try to finish the tourney as early as possible. But 9PM at the latest​
Prices:
Venue fee: $10​
Singles: $10​
Doubles: $10 per team ($5 per person)​
Project M: $5​
Payouts:
Super Smash Bros Melee Singles
Under 16 Entrants​
1st Place: 60%​
2nd Place: 30%​
3rd Place: 10%​
16-32 entrants​
1st Place: 55%​
2nd Place: 30%​
4th Place: 5%​
32+ Entrants​
2nd Place: 25%​
5th Place: 2.5%​
64+ Entrants​
1st Place: 50%​
4th Place: 7.5%​
7th Place: 1.25%​
Super Smash Bros Melee Doubles
Under 8 teams​
1st Place: 70%​
2nd Place: 20%​
8-32 teams​
1st place: 60%​
2nd place: 30%​
3rd place: 10%​
32+ teams​
Food:
A&C sells water for $1​
There is a Pizza Pizza nearby, north of the venue at the main intersection. There's a Lick's not even a minute's walk north of the venue, and if you walk south to Harbord st. there's a couple of independent pizza places (Cora and Papa Ceo) and a B.B. Ques. The intersection with Pizza Pizza also has a tim horton's and a second cup.​
Directions:
The venue is just 1 stop south of Spadina subway station. Refer to the map below to find the quickest route for you. Keep in mind this is at A&C World and NOT A&C Games. They are 2 doors apart.​
Rules:
- Jungle Japes is banned in Both events
- Sets are Best 2/3. Semi-finals and other placings for money is best 3/5. LQs Is now 3/5.​
- Best 3/5 sets will still have 1 stage ban​
- Wobbling is banned at all of these​
- Master Hand is obviously banned​
General Rules:​
BYOC (Bring Your Own Controller)​
No illegal substances, no alcohol, no green.​
Don't smell, please shower​
Tournament matches have priority over friendlies. MMs have priority over friendlies​
Keep trash talking casual, no need for us to witness someone getting a punch in the face​
No Refunds once entered. I don't want to deal with this crap. If you want to drop out, that is your own fault. Some exceptions​
TV's:
A&C World has 15 CRT TVs that are available to us. They only have 3 cubes though​
Melee + Cube/Wii setups:
A&C world (x3 cubes + melee)​
Extension Cords/Power Bars:
A&C World (should be enough for 12 setups)​
Attendance List:
There are probably people on Facebook that don't post on the boards, so there could be more people than what's on this list. Also there are usually a lot of A&C regulars that come but don't post. I can't control that though :/​
There are also regulars that go to A&C that may show up. But I don't know any of those people.​
A lot of people show up unannounced as well.​
Also, bring Cubes/Wiis if possible

Windrose

Smash Lord
I'll try to come to this. Do you need us to bring setups? It seemed like A and C had enough set ups the last time I went.

Executor

Smash Apprentice
you should see my handoff skills
you should see my handoff skills... its really bad
But.... when you see me play dylan they're just perfect

woah woah my names wrong :( even though i need a new name.... it should be "JUS" cause thats the only tag i can see when i play
i would try my best to show up there though we havnt played our item moneymatches from way back ryan

snake23

Smash Cadet
Change of plans i will be looking for work this saturday so i just cannot attend this melee tournament at all.
Finding work for me is the number 1 top priority as of right now and besides i have never played melee competitively in general so it will not even matter if i don't show up to this. Have fun without me try to have a good time at the tournament.

Engo

Smash Ace
I've gone to the last 2 or 3 A & C tourneys and this one seems like it'll be even better so I'm most likely going to be there. I usually come with 1-3 other people. By the way I usually register as Bernal.

Here's hoping for pools and not just a double elimination bracket.

Windrose

Smash Lord
i have this weekend off work so u can go ahead and confirm me, short of war being declared i'll be thar.
It's on august 6th......

What's that sound?

War were declared...

Also, I'll bring a TV, do you need gamecubes as well? They seemed to have lots of those as well...

Riddlebox

Smash Journeyman
Well David, I'd bring more but...how would this look: A black man making multiple trips out of your house with TVs >_> plus you know...I didn't ask so I wouldn't promise T.V.s that aren't mine lol.

Since I got my Wii back though, I can bring two (maybe 4) set ups if David doesn't mind me borrowing two of his cubes as well.

Speaking of getting my Wii back, can someone make me a copy of hacked melee =(?

Oh! Tinners can you speak to Chris about livestream stuffs!? If not I can stream it myself np though.

Windrose

Smash Lord
Sweet, live stream! I'll commentate. I know all the HMW lines!!

"PACK IT UP AND TAKE IT HOME!"
"WHO WANTS 75% OF THE 45 DOLLARS?"
"WHERE ARE YOU CURRENTLY RESIDING?"
*other loud unintelligible screaming*

EDIT: my favourite one has to be...the bombs in baghdad one.

idea

Smash Master
nice, pools are fun

although wouldn't a and c's next melee one be on the 7th? since it's so far been the first sunday of every month...in the future i'd rather spread the two events out moer, if they have the space available of course.

also i can't go that weekend anyway :p

Rikana

Smash Champion
Are you guys okay with a Project:M setup? Its getting a lot of attention lately; especially at Genesis 2 from what I heard. People like s2j and hax like it.

Edit: I can bring a cube and melee disc if I can get it from my cousin's place. He went on vacation but I think his dad is still at home. I'll let you know.

unknown522

Some guy
some guy is already bringing a P:M setup. I dunno if we can spare a TV for it (depends on what people want to do with their TVs, since I'm not bringing any).

Rikana

Smash Champion
That would be great if we can have a setup for pm. Who's bringing it though? I hope you mean its some guy that has access to the updated private builds.

Tin Man

Smash Hero
nice, pools are fun

although wouldn't a and c's next melee one be on the 7th? since it's so far been the first sunday of every month...in the future i'd rather spread the two events out moer, if they have the space available of course.

also i can't go that weekend anyway :p
This is their monthly melee tourney now ;o

Rikana

Smash Champion
It won't be Ulevo. I can confirm that but I won't be saying why.

Edit: Who's busing there from RT/Kennedy Station? Lets bus together.

Ryan, can you find out who the playtester is? I just wanna know if they're bringing a legit build. Thanks.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Damn. So unless we have someone else in Ontario in the PMBR, I'm thinking we have someone trying to pass off a leak or something.

/justwantstoplayastoonlinkagain

SJZ

Smash Rookie
Sounds like it's going to be a lot of fun :)

I'm planning on coming to this tournament with a friend.

sauc3

Smash Lord
Just noticed that the OP says venue fee is $10, did you guys change it because A & C's venue fee is usually 5. Just wondering and wanna make sure to tell those I'm coming with.
its 10$ cuz there's prize money instead of gift cards so AnC won't be making as much, so they're double the venue fee, also, i may end up coming, depends if i can muster up the strength to play mk gay enuff, im sick of going n losing to campy play styles

Top Bottom