• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

6/21/2008 GIGABITS - Bawling for a Brawling!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
Yeah, also, let's make our attacks weaker by attacking the stage to the point where they don't kill until 200%.

Luigi's Mansion is a great stage.
does diminishing returns go into effect when attacking the stage and not the other character? i was under the assumption that it doesnt diminish when attacking the stage, but i could be wrong

Galeon

Smash Ace
If I'm on Luigi's mansion and I just lost my first stock before he lost his, the match automatically gets gay. He can hide in the house at which point I have to beat the house before I can have any reasonable shot at killing him. The other guy's probably gonna wait for me to go after him and try to build up as much damage as possible before missing a tech or wait until I attack the house at which point I'm lagging because, well... I attacked something and now he gets a free hit or throw before retreating back in the house.

In friendlies, I bet its a wonderful stage but it just promotes camping so hard.

EDIT: And GDX, yea, attacking the stage does make that attack weaker.

Gindler

Smash Champion
I think it diminishes if you just hit air too. I think that was the deal in melee (for those of you that didn't know it was in melee). I could be wrong though, usually I don't try to just wiff the air the whole match.

Galeon

Smash Ace
Hitting air doesn't diminish your attack. You have to hit something. Hitting shields also doesn't diminish your attacks. You have to hit people or a part of the stage that can be hit.

Rx-

A.K.A. Disafter
I was trying to play the campy/gay game vs. Afro on Luigi's Mansion last Gigs, and he got in close and hit me and I teched and he hit me and I teched and it happened 6 times in a row for about 118 damage.

I am not trying to prove a point, I am just sharing what I know about the stage. :)

Raistlin

Smash Lord
I was trying to play the campy/gay game vs. Afro on Luigi's Mansion last Gigs, and he got in close and hit me and I teched and he hit me and I teched and it happened 6 times in a row for about 118 damage.

I am not trying to prove a point, I am just sharing what I know about the stage. :)
When teching goes wrong...

I'm decent with multiple characters...but Brinstar ***** them all :ohwell:
I'll have to get my jiggs on for that brinstar ditto :)
Yeah, but Brinstar is just 2good. Derf beat me with Fox on that stage, so it's possible.

ghaudephaede010

Smash Journeyman
First, who the hell are you?LOL.

Second, look at it like this.

You're Jigglypuff playing a Lucas on Luigi's Mansion. You(Jiggs) are at 999% and Lucas is at 0%. Lucas Upsmashed you, and guess what?

YOU DON"T DIE BECAUSE THE STAGE IS BROKEN.

THIS STAGE SHOULDN'T EVEN BE CONSIDERED.

WHY ARE YOU PEOPLE SO IDIOTIC??!?!

Third, Teams and Singles stages are completely differnt. You didn't play Melee competitively. Meaning you're a Brawl scrub.

You have no sould is what I'm trying to say.

In teams, certain tactics don't work like they do in Singles(like DDD chaingrabbing into a wall which ultimately leads to a 300% backthrow or upthrow death).

Don't come into this thread and think you know what you're talkin about you fvckin scrub.

Lastly, the only idiots who want ****** stages on are people who just started playing smash with Brawl.

Wait, lemme guess, you're gonna say something about my immaturity, right?

LOL, eat **** kid.

Sounds delightful sir, since I can't get boozely to answer me on AIM.

That post is a joke.

Life After Death

Smash Champion
your a scrub. I love when people choose luigis mansion I kill them first cuz im snake and then live forever. stage shouldnt be banned so it can help me win matches when poeple counter pick me there

QDVS

BRoomer
BRoomer
I think from now on we should add a new aspect to the CPing rule...you can now counterpick which smash game you want to play!!!

So first loser chooses game, and level from said game, then winner picks character, then loser picks character!!!

:colorful:

Frames

DI
I think from now on we should add a new aspect to the CPing rule...you can now counterpick which smash game you want to play!!!

So first loser chooses game, and level from said game, then winner picks character, then loser picks character!!!

rofl so if you lost to afro you could CP melee, then own him, but then he would just CP brawl and win, so you would still lose either way

Rx-

A.K.A. Disafter
On Virtual Console or one of those PS2 game collections???

:( I just realized it was for an Xbox collection (Midway Arcade Treasures) which my brother sold.

Oh well, we will play it some time.

bladeofapollo

Smash Ace
if that's so with CP-ing with games. then I CP with DDR, beatmania, guitar hero, pop'n music, any music game.
Dude, this is a SMASH tournament... not a random-video-game-you're-good-at tournament.
/joke

And more on that system, how would we know which game to start with? Maybe we should play a best of 3 set where all three smash games are played. In order of their release (or reverse, either is fine.)

Rx-

A.K.A. Disafter
picture birds eye view run and gun where you move with one joystick and aim with the other and thats the only controls.

and you are two people with colorful red/blue armor and you fight robots and stuff.

AfroQT

Smash Master
rofl so if you lost to afro you could CP melee, then own him, but then he would just CP brawl and win, so you would still lose either way
My donkey kong is beast in brawl, and i would CP GGXX:AC and use robo ky and hit people with a horse.

Gindler

Smash Champion
Ha, oh wow! I think I played Smash TV, it sounds like this arcade game that was the only one at some crappy little place where they'd have "shows" (concerts, musical acts, w/e you call those nowadays). The game was pretty hard, expecially since one player had a broken moving joystick and the other had a broken aiming stick on that "console".

AfroQT

Smash Master
I dont care i've placed 5th alot of times and 5th should not be awarded anything thats losing at semi finals and getting money lol

Rx-

A.K.A. Disafter
Afro makes too much MONEY!!!!!!!

Afro how much have you made so far?

I think you and Danny are the only two people in Florida that have made more than me. I could be wrong.

AfroQT

Smash Master
230 from hard knocks
100 from the ZP tourney
like 100 from PnT tourneys ( in form of store credit so count or dont count if you want)
700 from gigabits (right under 700 maybe like 690 or 680, 500+ from singles then like 200 from doubles)
230 from seibriks

I dont know what you've won but it hink icekid has won more then all of us.

Life After Death

Smash Champion
you better save that money. man I wish I would have won gigs woulda have money to sparre now I gotta win something badly so I wont go broke

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom