• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

6/21/08 Chesterland, Ohio: Enter The Fray 3 - HOST IS AWOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

RDK

Smash Hero
Lag is... lag. You just gotta deal with it. I can't say I've ever lost or won because of lag though. It just makes it annoying for everyone. And it's sad that I've not had a problem with anyone lying about a match except the top-ranked player. I still want my win, but the admins apparently don't want to give the top-ranked player a loss, even when shown picture proof that I won. Conspiracy!

A LAN adapter might not help, unfortunately. Wireless can provide 15-25 Mbps of throughput, and your Internet connection is either 1.5Mbps (DSL) or 6-8Mbps (Cable). Wired might give 100Mbps, but it's pointless when your Internet connection is what's slow. The only reason a wireless adapter can be bad is if you have interference in the area, which is certainly possible. Just don't count on it improving your experience by a lot.

If you're using DSL, upgrade to Cable. That can make the biggest difference.
It's not ME that's lagging, it's the occasional other party. I have cable internet, and rarely have problems with lag. When I do, it's the other person.

You've had problems with Jumpan fudging scores too?

4% APR

Smash Champion
I'll pry be there. I love your neutral list. I'll do some melee money matches if anyone cares enough anymore, I don't trust myself in brawl enough

slartibartfast42

Smash Lord
Melee friendlies are the main reason I want to come >.>

Anyway, No MM's 4%, I already know you will beat me, but I'd like to get in as many friendlies with you as possible. (If you don't remember me I'm the guy who counterpicked peach on Pokefloats at ESCAPE)

Kel

Smash Master
I think from now on that I'm gonna do MMs where we play Melee first, and then Brawl. For the same amount of monies. IE 5$ per match. The idea is that if you're better at either game, you should win one and break even; and if you're good at both, then you deserve the money.

Plus, I'd love to spike all of the Brawl haters in Melee a bunch. ( I SPIKE OUT OF EVERYTHING)

slartibartfast42

Smash Lord
*see's Kel's Avatar*

Lol, I would take you up kel, especially if you main pichu in melee (even if I lost at melee, I could make it up with DeDeDe shenanigans), but I have a policy of not taking money matches, because people who want to play for money are generally better than me...

Xlaurousislx

Smash Apprentice
*see's Kel's Avatar*

Lol, I would take you up kel, especially if you main pichu in melee (even if I lost at melee, I could make it up with DeDeDe shenanigans), but I have a policy of not taking money matches, because people who want to play for money are generally better than me...
o.O *Looks at above message*

I wouldn't make too much prejudgement on this one...especially about his main

I laughed once when I saw he used Pichu....once

slartibartfast42

Smash Lord
Sorry, I have this thing where if I see a character in your avatar, I assume it's your main. Which is definitely not always the case *looks at M2K's avatar*, lol.

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
pfft. Squall's broken.

And I'll star looknig for some brawl mm's, and maybe if i get an STD gonig this week and get some practices in, I might take you up on your melee->brawl mm, kel. definitely going to need to put some time in on melee this weekend though.

KishSquared

Smash Master
You've had problems with Jumpan fudging scores too?
Yup, Jumpman's a cheater. Quit when he was down by 2 stock in what would have been a 2-0 win for me, claimed lag was too bad and the match should be canceled. Admins sided with him...

slartibartfast42

Smash Lord
So he mains Pichu, but is really good?

Oh yeah, and since KishSquared obviously mains L, I think it's safe to assume he's going to win the tournament.

Death Note Spoiler
Unless someone mains Light

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
What if I main Near and we go doubles?
Can you say, unstoppable?

10 second later edit: Donkey Kong is too legit in Brawl.

Master WGS

Smash Lord
*Sigh*

Even with another postponement, I still can't make this awesome tourney.... I'm getting back THAT NIGHT from FL. So, literally, it's as close as it could be to being possible for me to attend. >_>

Hopefully Ohio clears up its act soon so I can start playing more.

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
Well, I mean if you stick with the arc of the story, your next best bet would be Misa, and you'd still be boned.

Oh, and I don't believe in spoilers for anything over a year old.

ToastMAN

Smash Journeyman
I would pick Ryuk...since he is the Snake of Death note

Yeah...I wasnt impressed with Jumpman when i played him.....he hardly beat me (**** cipher grab!!!!).

Hes only a top ranked player because he plays a ton of matches...and disputes his losses (like everyone else INCLUDING YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

slartibartfast42

Smash Lord
Well, I mean if you stick with the arc of the story, your next best bet would be Misa, and you'd still be boned.

Oh, and I don't believe in spoilers for anything over a year old.
Well, he had a TON of supporters. He could have picked one. Mikami was so dumb. He knew he was being followed, and that the notebook had been left in a location without his supervision. He could have checked to make sure he would have finished near & friends by using a page he had already used to kill someone. Light died because of Mikami's stupid mistake, He had Near pretty much doomed if it weren't for that fluke. I bet you can tell which side of philosophy I'm on...

Anyway, back on topic: I'm going to have to go to Boy Scout camp the day after this, so I'd appriciate it if I could get back in time to get at least 6 hours of sleep (around 2AM). What time do you guys expect this to be over?

4% APR

Smash Champion
I think we all know Ray Penbar was the only character worth mentioning. :)

On topic- I would think it should be over before 2 AM, but if you have to leave during finals it wouldn't really be that detrimental unless you were in them

RDK

Smash Hero
Yup, Jumpman's a cheater. Quit when he was down by 2 stock in what would have been a 2-0 win for me, claimed lag was too bad and the match should be canceled. Admins sided with him...
I just realized you'e Squared the Bowser player on Gamebattles. *FACEPALM*. Those were some pretty intense matches.

And back on topic, Wolfy, I need to team with someone so we can do some doubles MM's against you and Aaryk. Is Hafway coming?

KishSquared

Smash Master
Haha, yeah, I'm that Bowser player. Silly Bowser.

Hes only a top ranked player because he plays a ton of matches...and disputes his losses (like everyone else INCLUDING YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)
Including who, me? I've never disputed a loss for any reason.

Also, my avatar is Near, not L...

RDK

Smash Hero
oh Hafway will be here. If I get him over here for some practice today we can set up some wifi doubles
Definetely. You have my cell #, just hit me up, or PM me, or whatever. I'll be checking SWF throughout the course of the day to help with the GA tourney scores anyway.

slartibartfast42

Smash Lord
Man, all those random super-detectives look alike. I should have realized, L has black hair and black circles under his eyes.

Anyway, I hope no one I'm riding with gets to the finals now, lol.

G J Cod

Smash Cadet
There's a good chance you can sign up another tag-team.

Hey this is G J Cod, and I'm new to the smashboards. The_Altrox said you were having a tourney and the best part: you're relatively close by (but it's still a drive). My buddy, Starfoxintensity, is also new to the boards, but we're both BRAWL freaks, so there's a good chance we'll make it. The 2 of us would be on a team. I'll let you know if anything changes.

Ballistaboy

Smash Journeyman
itd be fun to come, but i wouldnt be able to come.. parents wouldnt be to keen of having me go to someones house to play video games an hour away..

i may still ask..

Xlaurousislx

Smash Apprentice
I MAY or may not be there...I know that natureslayer wants me to go with him, but I'm not sure if my car can make it that far...so it all comes down to me fixing my car and then deciding which one I'd rather do: Smash tournament, or save $$$ for Tom Petty concert on my bday...

Who knows, maybe I can do both?

Feedback, anyone?

Overswarm

is laughing at you
I MAY or may not be there...I know that natureslayer wants me to go with him, but I'm not sure if my car can make it that far...so it all comes down to me fixing my car and then deciding which one I'd rather do: Smash tournament, or save $$$ for Tom Petty concert on my bday...

Feedback, anyone?
Win the tournament and it won't be a problem ^_^

Also, Ballistaboy: Just tell them you are going to hang out with friends you met on the internet.

Ballistaboy

Smash Journeyman

Also, Ballistaboy: Just tell them you are going to hang out with friends you met on the internet.
thats what im afraid of doing lol.

they always stress dont give out personal **** online lol

im gonna ask i can always try tho

G J Cod

Smash Cadet
luckily my dad is into gaming, he'll probably drive me and my friend there!

G J Cod

Smash Cadet

Feedback, anyone?
Go to the tourney and maybe use some of your bday $ from relatives, friends, etc., for the concert?

Xlaurousislx

Smash Apprentice

Haha...easier said than done...

Also, G J Cod, "Birthday money?" what the heck is that?!

Good news about it, is that I get paid weekly, so I *might* pull off both...besides, what would Marion think if their tourney got canceled?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom