• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

6/21/08 Chesterland, Ohio: Enter The Fray 3 - HOST IS AWOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
It's officially Saturday, the 21st. IM me at WGWOLVERINE or PM me if you need any more specifics. I'm going to update the first post with more information tomorrow once I'm done with my webpage development final

Xlaurousislx

Smash Apprentice
It's officially Saturday, the 21st. IM me at WGWOLVERINE or PM me if you need any more specifics. I'm going to update the first post with more information tomorrow once I'm done with my webpage development final
June 21st...Nice Turns out my roommate's birthday was the 12th anyways, and I wouldn't wanna leave him with only his gf for the weekend at my place ^.^

NeroKiks

Smash Rookie
hey WG i sent you a message on AiB

i'm never on smashboards anymore, just logged in to post that i will be attending the tourney for sure and please check your AiB account!

BananaHammock

Smash Journeyman
Fox could still get great kills at decent percents with up-smash on N64. Sure, it wasn't a great stage for him, but it didn't completely destroy his game just because up-smash killed at a higher percentage. This stage can literally punish you for using the move. You might do the dair with perfect timing as Ganondorf, then the stage tilts, and you end up having to eat a forward smash due to lag. This effects anyone trying to autocancel a move. There's a difference between Fox having to wait longer to get his up-smash kills and ganondorf losing an entire approach and even getting punished for trying it altogether.
I see you're point. You've put me on the fence. Luckily for me I'm not that serious about Brawl so it won't eat me up inside.

Xiivi

So much for friendship huh...
Premium
BRoomer
I see you're point. You've put me on the fence. Luckily for me I'm not that serious about Brawl so it won't eat me up inside.
I could actually care less about stages to be honest, haha. You could make Spear Pillar neutral and I would still play. Arguing stages just happens to be fun, and I like giving input on stages. :D

I'll MM you at the tourney to make up for it. ;)

BananaHammock

Smash Journeyman
I could actually care less about stages to be honest, haha. You could make Spear Pillar neutral and I would still play. Arguing stages just happens to be fun, and I like giving input on stages. :D

Well the 21st is my Sister's wedding so as it stands, I don't think I'll make it. Good luck to everybody though. Next time hopefully.

ToastMAN

Smash Journeyman
I have the 20th and the 21st off, but, Since i would probably be flying i should probably take 22nd off if I even want a chance at making it to this tourny.

Xlaurousislx

Smash Apprentice
Unfortunately, not all people like you and I have learned to take "competitive" gaming lightly...

My roommate is a perfect example...I'm about to make a Halo 3 montage of me only no-scoping HIM just for that reason

Xlaurousislx

Smash Apprentice
Throwing another reminder in here for those of you who want to Smash on the 7th.

Smash and Coffee is taking place in Indiana on the 7th. You guys should come out. Check the thread here:

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=168191
I'm gonna have to look into the previously mentioned tournament in Marion, OH (basically on the way to Cleves, for anyone in central/southern Ohio)

I just need to get a poll on how many people...as long as they can get 15+ people, they will have it there

Overswarm

is laughing at you
I should be at this tournament as well as DastrnMarco's. The venue is AWESOME and he's from the same spawn pool as M3D so he's got tournament organization in his blood.

ithrowthings

Smash Lord
NNID
ithrowthings
I'm gonna have to look into the previously mentioned tournament in Marion, OH (basically on the way to Cleves, for anyone in central/southern Ohio)

I just need to get a poll on how many people...as long as they can get 15+ people, they will have it there
Where and when? I might be able to bring a few people

Xlaurousislx

Smash Apprentice
Where and when? I might be able to bring a few people
I'm trying to get hold of the game store's owner and arrange it to be the day before the tourney in cleves...so since the tourney is on the 21st, the one in Marion will be the 20th...

I should probably make a new thread about it...

(How much is it to ad for a tourney?)

The_Altrox

Smash Lord
NNID
The_Altrox
Is it too late to join?
If so, I'm in...
That is if my parents can give me a ride.
*Loathes the fact that I can't drive*

slartibartfast42

Smash Lord
Fox could still get great kills at decent percents with up-smash on N64. Sure, it wasn't a great stage for him, but it didn't completely destroy his game just because up-smash killed at a higher percentage. This stage can literally punish you for using the move. You might do the dair with perfect timing as Ganondorf, then the stage tilts, and you end up having to eat a forward smash due to lag. This effects anyone trying to autocancel a move. There's a difference between Fox having to wait longer to get his up-smash kills and ganondorf losing an entire approach and even getting punished for trying it altogether.
The fact is, you can ban lylat if you plan on using Ganondorf. One character isn't enough reason to take a stage off neutral. Anyway, what's this about being punished for using dair as an approach? Doesn't that happen with every move in Brawl?

Wait a minute, taking someone's money makes up for arguing with them?

Xiivi

So much for friendship huh...
Premium
BRoomer
The fact is, you can ban lylat if you plan on using Ganondorf. One character isn't enough reason to take a stage off neutral. Anyway, what's this about being punished for using dair as an approach? Doesn't that happen with every move in Brawl?
The fact is, a lot more characters than just Ganondorf utilize autocancels to improve their game. Autocancelling moves is a great approach and is not as punishable as not-autocancelling -_-;;.

Wait a minute, taking someone's money makes up for arguing with them?
Yes, taking your money is my way of saying I love you.

Xlaurousislx

Smash Apprentice
Is it too late to join?
If so, I'm in...
That is if my parents can give me a ride.
*Loathes the fact that I can't drive*
I would offer a ride, etc, but you have no regards as to where you're from, etc.....

If you're from somewhere ridiculous and out of the way, then it's likely a no-go on getting one from me

Sliq

Smash Master
The fact is, a lot more characters than just Ganondorf utilize autocancels to improve their game. Autocancelling moves is a great approach and is not as punishable as not-autocancelling -_-;;.
Like Lucas, Yoshi, Ness, Wolf, Bowser, Pikachu, Mario, Luigi (double aerial AC), Ike, etc.

It benefits characters with more landing lag more, but auto-canceling still helps others.

Furthermore, characters with hardly any lag on attacks already dominate, and now you put characters that need AC to even compete at a bigger disadvantage.

Fair and balanced.

Xlaurousislx

Smash Apprentice
Like Lucas, Yoshi, Ness, Wolf, Bowser, Pikachu, Mario, Luigi (double aerial AC), Ike, etc.

It benefits characters with more landing lag more, but auto-canceling still helps others.

Furthermore, characters with hardly any lag on attacks already dominate, and now you put characters that need AC to even compete at a bigger disadvantage.

Fair and balanced.
*Highlights Yoshi in the list*

Fair and balanced ^.^

Sliq

Smash Master
You actually know what you're talking about, why don't you post in more threads? Haha. <3

Also, it looks like Kel/Overswarm are going to be at Smash and Coffee this weekend, what about you?
I'm going to the huge Melee tournament in Georgia.

zapdos23590

Smash Rookie
Going to try to get there, thankfully not too far away from where I live >.> Like, less then an hour and a half XD Might try to bring a friend too, but he might not go for it <.>

Aaryk

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Aarykk
3DS FC
0834-3787-5311
I am BACK FROM MY SMASH HIATUS

I can offer lodging if absolutely necessary, but I really only want people at my house if theres no way they can get home. like, out of staters. Otherwise just stay at Wolfy's.

This'll be intense. I'd just like to make it known to you now, in case i forget to say it later, that I will nto be paying for doubles. If I can corral Hafwaybrown, maybe, but Beau sucks and theres no one else worth teaming with now that ur with Pouch.

KishSquared

Smash Master
I think you're are thinking of Chuck-Wigz, who is not Master WGS.. You used Bowser against what I can only assume would be his Snake? He's in [p2w] so I know him through the crew. And whats the deal on the postponing guys, you we need to move it another week with respect to Father's Day, or is another move way out of the cards? I just want peak attendance and a good experience out of this.
Kind of a late response, but... I think you might be right. Chuck-wigz sounds familiar. I can't remember that specific match since it's been a while. How'd you know I played as Bowser?

Wait, is P2W that crew that I played ever single member in? Haha, by the end they were messaging me before the match saying "oh, I've heard of you". Fun times :chuckle: The last guy I played told me I had beaten every member in the crew.

RDK

Smash Hero
You're thinking of some other clan; I've never played you.

Oh, by the way, P2W REPRESENT! W00T.

Also, MM me, Aaryk. Like old times. ;)

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
Pouch is someone I'll have to test out first, RDK, if you can come, would you want to team? I typically refuse to play online but if you want to play some before hand we can try it on for size.

Aaryk, its nothing against your ability, you're definitely good, you can jsut understand why I've been playing the field a bit more since the debacle at ETF 1 and our short comings last time around.

And Kish, it was a combination of Wigz talking about it, Eternal Phoenix Fire talkign about it, and watching a match of you vs. AlphaZealot's Diddy on the youtubes.

And Kel and I discussed the fees and whatnot, and I'm editing the first post with fresh info.

KishSquared

Smash Master
Actually RDK, I did play you. Unless it was someone else on your Wii, but the dude's name was "Play 2 Win", and his Wii name was -RDK-. The Wii code under your avatar is the same one on the Gamebattles page.

http://gamebattles.com/wii/smash-bros/team/squared/match?id=1411944

EDIT: Taken from a PM from Silver-Rex:

"My friends that have fought you. From memory, you've fought Wigz, Takeshi, Eternal Phoenix Fire, Zephyr, and RDK. We're all members of the same clan, P2W."

w00t, not sure why I went to so much trouble to say that we've played :ohwell: :chuckle:

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
Well I'm in P2W but it only took like 2 or 3 online tournaments to realize I hate the lag enough to not play, but I'm getting a LAN adapter so my connection should improve, and I'll start up with the next season of GameBattles.

RDK

Smash Hero
Actually RDK, I did play you. Unless it was someone else on your Wii, but the dude's name was "Play 2 Win", and his Wii name was -RDK-. The Wii code under your avatar is the same one on the Gamebattles page.

http://gamebattles.com/wii/smash-bros/team/squared/match?id=1411944

EDIT: Taken from a PM from Silver-Rex:

"My friends that have fought you. From memory, you've fought Wigz, Takeshi, Eternal Phoenix Fire, Zephyr, and RDK. We're all members of the same clan, P2W."

w00t, not sure why I went to so much trouble to say that we've played :ohwell: :chuckle:
My bad; I suppose we did play. It must have been earlier in the season.

But yeah, the lag gets pretty bad sometimes. And then you have idiots that lie about scores, etc.

KishSquared

Smash Master
Lag is... lag. You just gotta deal with it. I can't say I've ever lost or won because of lag though. It just makes it annoying for everyone. And it's sad that I've not had a problem with anyone lying about a match except the top-ranked player. I still want my win, but the admins apparently don't want to give the top-ranked player a loss, even when shown picture proof that I won. Conspiracy!

A LAN adapter might not help, unfortunately. Wireless can provide 15-25 Mbps of throughput, and your Internet connection is either 1.5Mbps (DSL) or 6-8Mbps (Cable). Wired might give 100Mbps, but it's pointless when your Internet connection is what's slow. The only reason a wireless adapter can be bad is if you have interference in the area, which is certainly possible. Just don't count on it improving your experience by a lot.

If you're using DSL, upgrade to Cable. That can make the biggest difference.

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
The distance from my router is the prime factor though. It seems as if only recently my connection doesn't reach my Wii in my guest room anymore, while it did back when Strikers was still hot. I guess I just need to look into adjusting either the distance between Wii and source of wireless signal, or the source itself.

And to all, I'm continually updating the first post with tavel info, and I added a nice little googlemap-stolen image with highlighted routes that'll best help people avoid the construction in Mayfield. Pretty simple and easy to read I think. Mostly important for those coming from anywhere West of here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom