• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

6/21/08 Chesterland, Ohio: Enter The Fray 3 - HOST IS AWOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
Just tell your parents you are going on a trip to spend an entire day with some guys you've never met, and that you know they're legit because they said they had candy.

90% of the time, it works everytime

Ballistaboy

Smash Journeyman
Just tell your parents you are going on a trip to spend an entire day with some guys you've never met, and that you know they're legit because they said they had candy.

90% of the time, it works everytime
thats a good plan, and im thinking if a brought my friend whose 18 or 19 now idk which with. it would be more likely they would let me

but idk if he'd want to spend a saturday night playing brawl in chesterland lol

im going to try tho

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
Hell, I live here and I don't know if I want to spend a night in Chesterland period.

By the way, I'm looking at colleges this week. I'm making my rounds of MidWest colleges, and I'm already set to tour University of Michigan, Ohio State, and Ohio University. I've got a 4. cumulative and a 2000 SAT but no ACT score. anyone in the area have any recommendations of places to check out?

Natureslayer

Smash Cadet
Oh, and just to have a back up if XlaurousisX can't take me, if anyone is coming near Marion, I would be willing to help pay for gas and/or help drive.

Xlaurousislx

Smash Apprentice
Oh, and just to have a back up if XlaurousisX can't take me, if anyone is coming near Marion, I would be willing to help pay for gas and/or help drive.
I'd honestly suggest that people pass thru Marion, OH the day before anyways...there's gonna be a tournament at Mr. Ego's the night before and I'm gonna be pitching tents in the backyard at my place afterwards

and...maybe buying some 30 inch pizzas?

*Sigh* I still have to post for the event...

Overswarm

is laughing at you
I'd honestly suggest that people pass thru Marion, OH the day before anyways...there's gonna be a tournament at Mr. Ego's the night before and I'm gonna be pitching tents in the backyard at my place afterwards

and...maybe buying some 30 inch pizzas?

*Sigh* I still have to post for the event...
Where is this tournament the day before

and could GUNPUNCH! stay at your place afterwards

Sliq

Smash Master
I don't get why GUNPUNCH! needs housing since my house is like 1 hour south of Cleveland.

Xlaurousislx

Smash Apprentice
Where is this tournament the day before

and could GUNPUNCH! stay at your place afterwards
The tournament will be in Marion, OH (for those who went to CoK last year in Delaware, it's about 25 mins north from there...) I am going to call tomorrow to get all the details from the owners of the game shop (Mr. Ego's)

You can prolly crash with me at my place...only thing is that there's prolly quite a few ppl coming, so it might come down to pitching tents in the backyard (still, pretty big backyard)

And to answer Sliq...my hometown is better cuz we have 30 inch pizzas ^.^

That's why Gunpunch! needs housing in Marion

Kyari

Smash Lord
Slippi.gg
KYRI#103
Man, this is a circuit tourney and it's 6 hours away.... not fair! :(

Is anyone passing through central Indianapolis? I can contribute however much gas money you would want me to if you would be willing to give me a ride to this (and back to my house after it's over obviously).

EDIT: I guess what I'm trying to say is that I just can't drive that far myself, it's too exhausting. I would definitely be bringing my DS'es and whatever else I would need to keep myself entertained throughout the ride. Anyone who is coming to this that is longitudinally westward of the IL/IN border is either really dedicated or just insane! Being able to give me a lift would be too good.

EDIT 2: Kel - since you're one of the main people in charge of the circuit, can you explain to me what a circuit is for, how circuits are organized, and how they benefit tourneys and TO's that use them? I think I'm missing a key part of this picture.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
I've had to go 4.5 hours to every tournament so far, I feel your pain ><

Kel

Smash Master
EDIT 2: Kel - since you're one of the main people in charge of the circuit, can you explain to me what a circuit is for, how circuits are organized, and how they benefit tourneys and TO's that use them? I think I'm missing a key part of this picture.
Circuit events are group-event tournaments that are throughout the Midwest. There will be at least one circuit event for each 'Eastern' Midwest state. You obtain circuit points by attending these events respectful to how you place in the tournament. Separate points are assigned for singles and doubles. At the end of the circuit there will be a championship. The people with the top ranking of circuit points will receive the pot that has been saved throughout the circuit.

Xlaurousislx

Smash Apprentice
Circuit events are group-event tournaments that are throughout the Midwest. There will be at least one circuit event for each 'Eastern' Midwest state. You obtain circuit points by attending these events respectful to how you place in the tournament. Separate points are assigned for singles and doubles. At the end of the circuit there will be a championship. The people with the top ranking of circuit points will receive the pot that has been saved throughout the circuit.
Good to know...and knowledge is power

Kwis?

Smash Apprentice
is this a weekly thing you guys do or monthly?

im going to be in columbus, ohio the end of june so i wanted to know if this is a once in a month thing or weekly.. or is there a weekly tournament thread for ohio that i somehow missed XD.

thanks for the help anyone :]

Xlaurousislx

Smash Apprentice
is this a weekly thing you guys do or monthly?

im going to be in columbus, ohio the end of june so i wanted to know if this is a once in a month thing or weekly.. or is there a weekly tournament thread for ohio that i somehow missed XD.

thanks for the help anyone :]
Unfortunately, no, this isn't a weekly thread...

But there are 2 good opportunities to head to a tourney nearby within the next 2 weeks before you leave

Xlaurousislx

Smash Apprentice
UPDATE:

It turns out that Mr. Egos in Marion, OH is going out of business by the end of the month, therefore, they will NOT be hosting the tournament on June 20th...

Looks like I gotta take it upon myself to host this mutha...

Kwis?

Smash Apprentice
so there isnt a basic ohio weekly thread :[

and thanks for responding xlaurosislx

and im not getting to ohio till the 25th i believe.

going to the origins convention thats happening there.\

thanks for the info.

QUIVO

Smash Master
4 hours away and this is like 2 weeks away? I forgot all about this, I hope I can request off in time,

G J Cod

Smash Cadet
So is it gonna be like what, $20 for this tourney? (it's my first one for the record) Lemme know if it's more or less so I can borrow some "birthday $" from Xlaurousislx.

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
All in the first post I believe. Should total out at 25 dollars a person to participate in everything, 20 dollars if you bring a set up.

Heh. You better go 4%. We need to have some seriously intense matchs like we did back in November. Lets have another great set like that but don't SD this time will you. ^_^

4% APR

Smash Champion
Of course I won't Sd in brawl. Melee is another story though. I'll see you there

RDK

Smash Hero
Hell, I live here and I don't know if I want to spend a night in Chesterland period.

By the way, I'm looking at colleges this week. I'm making my rounds of MidWest colleges, and I'm already set to tour University of Michigan, Ohio State, and Ohio University. I've got a 4. cumulative and a 2000 SAT but no ACT score. anyone in the area have any recommendations of places to check out?
Dude. COME TO U OF M.

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
I'm actually going to be looking at the U of M- Dearborn campus because Ann Arbor does not have a journalism program.

When I find out when I'm touring I'll give you the heads up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom