• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

6/21/08 Chesterland, Ohio: Enter The Fray 3 - HOST IS AWOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
WGW needs to get online...

because once the Kishes get their venue, all Cinci cars are going there

KishSquared

Smash Master
Before you do anything permament concerning money just wait a bit longer. I'm sure he'll log back onto AIM or Skype or something today. I've been trying to ring him up on his phone and Skype all night the other day, but he didn't answer.
I hate to say it, but his last post was at 9pm. It's been 14 hours since he posted and no one can contact him. I have to say that I have little faith that he'll show up. If he does, cool. But we can't wait any longer. I'm not trying to oust him or anything of the sort. However, if we're going to host a "replacement" tournament then we gotta do it now. Waiting might mean that we lose our venue, and it might make it so some people can't come.

I am a man of action. If anyone else deems themselves as such, then take to your maps and plot a course for South Bend. Or mapquest it, or whatever...

Overswarm

is laughing at you
I expect everyone to support KishSquared for being awesome.

I'll be there.... WILL YOU?!

and yeah, WGW copped out and abandoned us when he got scared by his angry neighbors.

RDK

Smash Hero
I hate to say it, but his last post was at 9pm. It's been 14 hours since he posted and no one can contact him. I have to say that I have little faith that he'll show up. If he does, cool. But we can't wait any longer. I'm not trying to oust him or anything of the sort. However, if we're going to host a "replacement" tournament then we gotta do it now. Waiting might mean that we lose our venue, and it might make it so some people can't come.

I am a man of action. If anyone else deems themselves as such, then take to your maps and plot a course for South Bend. Or mapquest it, or whatever...
I use a GPS. :D

So are we planning on South Bend as an alternative venue, or is it still in the Chesterfield area?

KishSquared

Smash Master
Once my courier (Izmo) deposits the cash-ola, South Bend is a definite. Even if WGW comes back and says it was all a joke, we'll host our tournament. We won't be canceling.

If someone else more local to Cleveland wants to host a replacement tournament as well, be my guest. I'm not trying to compete or anything, We're just trying to give people who already called off work and/or made plans a place to go. The more mini-tournaments, the better, probably.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
I use a GPS. :D

So are we planning on South Bend as an alternative venue, or is it still in the Chesterfield area?
The venue would be in South Bend if he gets one. He'll make a post.

Xlaurousislx

Smash Apprentice
The venue would be in South Bend if he gets one. He'll make a post.
:-| South Bend is....4 1/2 hours away from Marion (as is Cincinnati)

With that being said, the Marion tournament's existence is now mostly based on the decision of the Cincinnati Crew and the rest that were using Marion is a halfway point to ETF, it looks like.

Input?

AIM me your decision if you still want to go...if its a no, it's cool

Static3445 if my AIM

RDK

Smash Hero
I just punched South Bend into my GPS, and it's literally the same exact distance as it would be if I went to Chesterfield, give or take a few miles.

Still, I hope Wolfy and the rest of the Ohio people decide to come to this. :(

Blood_Hawk

Smash Lord
Well, totally sucks that I took off work for two days and this thing isn't happening. Really rags me off. I was so excited for this tournament. Like really excited. -____-

I'll save more money not having to travel to Chesterland, but still. It is doubtful I'll be able to even go to this if it is happening too soon after this cancellation. I have been calling off work a lot lately.

Hope to see you Cinci guys in South Bend as well as many others. 15mins is much better than 5 hours I guess. XD

Overswarm

is laughing at you
I just punched South Bend into my GPS, and it's literally the same exact distance as it would be if I went to Chesterfield, give or take a few miles.

Still, I hope Wolfy and the rest of the Ohio people decide to come to this. :(
Put them in your car! Make them go! Support Kishsquared!

Kel

Smash Master
Yeah, everybody needs to go to Southbend!

I just think a bunch of NE Ohioans are gonna scrub out and not show up. NE Ohio does suck balls...

Natureslayer

Smash Cadet
I would.... but my ride consisted of people coming to the tournament in Marion before going to Chesterland, but since people aren't coming to Marion anymore, no more ride to Southbend :(

RDK

Smash Hero
THE DEED IS DONE.

10am, 6/21
4332 Hickory Village Dr.
Mishawaka, IN 46545

Thread is coming.
Is it Hickory Village Drive or North Hickory Road? I'm not getting Village Drive on my GPS.

Also, can the actual tourney start somewhere around noon or 1:00? At the very best I can be there around like 12:30 - 1:00.

Teebs

Smash Champion
NNID
Teebs-kun
Wow, this is quite sudden. I got my car all fixed up and whatnot, and now it's canceled. This just totally sucks. (I can understand if family issues or the church had something to do with this however)

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Wow, this is quite sudden. I got my car all fixed up and whatnot, and now it's canceled. This just totally sucks. (I can understand if family issues or the church had something to do with this however)
you LIVE where the REPLACEMENT tournament is o_O

KishPrime

King of the Ship of Fools
BRoomer
Agreed. Post in the topic. This topic is closed so that no one accidentally goes to this tournament. If you want it reopened, the guy can contact me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom