• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

6/21/08 Chesterland, Ohio: Enter The Fray 3 - HOST IS AWOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

KishSquared

Smash Master
(EVEN THE KISHES ARE GOING!!!)
Wow, this tournament sounds awesome.

Even better, if YOU call you can give them your neighbors phone number and the police can call to let them know that it is completely legal and that further aggrevation towards you would be considered harassment. Yay legal system!

The legal system is in place to keep people like your neighbors from pulling **** like this. All it takes is a phone call and you are fully protected by the police.
A quick addendum to my previous post - Please consider trying this. For one, people have made all kinds of plans for this, and the least you can do is make a phone call to try and prevent it. But for two, most people would want the comfort of knowing that police will be on your side to begin with, rather than having the tournament canceled while police investigate, even if their ultimate decision is that nothing illegal was done.

KishSquared

Smash Master
Double-post for Double-win

Also, I'm going to look into South Bend venues tomorrow morning. If this thing falls through, I'll do my best to give something for people to travel to!

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Also, I'm going to look into South Bend venues tomorrow morning. If this thing falls through, I'll do my best to give something for people to travel to!
YOU ARE AWESOMEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

I'll happily chip in any extra money you might need; I don't know how much available I have at the moment, but I'm sure we'd all be willing to give the venue fee straight to you.

RDK

Smash Hero
See, I read that as "awe-sum-eeeeeeee", which I assume is not how you intended it. I would spell it like this: "awesooommmmmmme". This emphasized the "om" sound.

Also, cool. Thanks for the offer :D
South Bend Ohio?

QUIVO

Smash Master
Wow, if it's cancelled then that's lame as hell. I was REALLY looking for to this as it was going to be my first big Brawl tournament. Not TC's fault or anything, just the neighbors are being stupid. We should sabotage their Family Reunion.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Wow, if it's cancelled then that's lame as hell. I was REALLY looking for to this as it was going to be my first big Brawl tournament. Not TC's fault or anything, just the neighbors are being stupid. We should sabotage their Family Reunion.
Punisher style?

Nah, we don't have to be vindictive. All we really need to do is hope WGW will not be bullied and will just call the police. No harm can come to him from any of this, so I hope he's willing to put forth the effort.

If it is canceled, I'm going to end up talking to the neighbors myself. -__-;;

Infern Angelis

Smash Master
Hell ill talk to those neighbors, there is no reason to not have this. And yeah he needs to let us know if he is willing to call the police or ill happily do it. Like Quivo said, this is my first big Brawl tournament and i dont wanna see it canceled

RDK

Smash Hero
It's not gonna get canceled; he's gonna contact the police about the situation and everything will be cleared up.

Infern Angelis

Smash Master
Well im going to sleep, and when I wake up in the morning, im expecting WGWOLVERINE to respond saying he is gonna still have it without delay.

Doctor X

Smash Lord
I second the "call the police and have them help sort it out" idea. I was really looking forward to this, as well. Your neighbor really has no right.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
This one woudl call the police and tell them what is up

This one would not

Xlaurousislx

Smash Apprentice
Assuming this tournament does go through there's a solid chance I'll be there. This + Marion will be my grand and presumably embarrassing return to the smash scene. Also Reside's and Nano's. Apparently I main a low tier now! Smash64 all over again <3
I know it's not entirely much resolution...but Marion's still on ^.^

I know I'm gonna be drowning my sorrows in 30 inch pizzas if it cancels...all hopes go to Wolfy

IvoYaridovich

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
4355-9654-5728
Well... It may or may not be the solution you'd like... but if your neighbors are being ***** about it. Why not just change the place?

If you push it back another week (sure people would love that X.x) I could see if I could convince my family to have 50 people I'm semi-complete strangers with over. I wouldn't be able to provide food for everyone, but there are fast food places pretty close to us.

My neighbors are used to my mother throwing drunken jamborees... so I'm sure they could deal with a bunch of gamers. Would say just change the place and come here on saturday, but I'm fairly certain my family would have a heart attack with 1 days notice (and say no) >.> However, in home lodgings would be very very iffy for us, especially if my family stays home for the tournament. Not sure how they'd go for tents near the house either, but I could always get them drunk enough to pass out and not notice.

I want to go to a decent sized tournament even if I have to destroy my own house to have it X.x

KishSquared

Smash Master
In about 30 minutes, we're dropping off money as a deposit to secure a venue. I don't know how many people are interested in coming to South Bend, IN instead of Cleveland, but we're committing to hosting this now, regardless of whether WGW ever responds.

At least, once the money is deposited and we have the venue secured, we are. I'll make a thread for it once we do.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
In about 30 minutes, we're dropping off money as a deposit to secure a venue. I don't know how many people are interested in coming to South Bend, IN instead of Cleveland, but we're committing to hosting this now, regardless of whether WGW ever responds.

At least, once the money is deposited and we have the venue secured, we are. I'll make a thread for it once we do.
I tried calling him and he didn't answer... all night last night or today. Kind of infuriating.

I know the Cinci cars are willing to go! That's 8 or 9 of us!

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Tried calling again. I also realized I don't know his real name, so if another family member answered that'd be awkward.

"Uh... can I talk to Wolverine?"

So yeah... his last activity was 9 p.m. last night. Massive failure on his part. One phone call would have saved everything :(

Hope your venue and whatnot goes through... and hope Cincinnati can find housing! O_o

I think this may be able to count as a circuit event if peopel are willing to go to it if they haven't already copped out... I'd have to talk to Kel though, its his call.

KishSquared

Smash Master
Well, that'd be fine with me. Tough call though, since I'm sure there will be people that can't make it that would have otherwise.

Kel

Smash Master
I think WG had a bunch of locals too.

We'd definitely lose numbers, but if it's a last-ditch effort then we should do the tournament in South Bend. I dunno about making it a circuit (because of the short notice) because we won't have as many people as planned. Some may not have even seen that Chesterland is cancelled. Some people don't check the forums that often.

I'll wait till the Ship gets back to us and we see how many people are interested before making the call.

RDK

Smash Hero
Before you do anything permament concerning money just wait a bit longer. I'm sure he'll log back onto AIM or Skype or something today. I've been trying to ring him up on his phone and Skype all night the other day, but he didn't answer.

Gibby

Smash Cadet
I live about 5 minutes away from Wolverine and have a big enough house.
However, I have a couple family members in town from North Carolina including an infant niece.
I highly doubt that my parents would let this go on with such short notice, but I'll call home during my lunch break for a feasibility check.
Maybe they'll be convinced if I offer them a $5 venue fee from everyone, lol.
I'd also need loads of setups and wouldn't be able to provide tents/housing/food.

Anyway, please don't count on or expect anything from this, but I'll be trying to get us my home as a new Chesterland venue.

EDIT: Sorry, it's a no go. My parents are extremely against the idea, and I actually have more family members coming than I knew of. Sorry for the false hope.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom