• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

6/20/2009 GIGABITS and Silvermine Subs present - A June Brawl

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
im a diddy lover, and even I admit how petey lost was pretty messed up. pretty funny though :laugh:

petey_did_it

Smash Ace
You piece of **** stop losing to diddy. :mad:

We must return you to the Tampabolic time chamber for training.

How did Polmex and Gmoney do in teams?
training is exactly what makes me suck. ive figured it out. the first gigs i placed at i had just turned on tap jump for the first time and never played with it before, and never played the whole month b4 it. between each following gigs i never played at all, and i showed up the day of and played amazin. the less i play the better i am. if any1 wants to play melee then hit me up, otherwise, im savin brawl til tourney day only, and maybe gabe's.

polmex and gmoney did aight. polmex had his **** moments. they had 2 or 3 wins

nevershootme

Smash Master
alot of epic endings to matches today, and i wasnt even apart of most of them

big shoutouts to fenrir for not only teaming with me, but giving me my diddy plushie. its going with me to every tourney now

and I was unable to find my wiimote at gigs, which means someone took it. hopefully someone took it by accident and will give it back. It was a wiimote with a gray battery cover. if you got it, please return it to me immediately
ok it was all of us (chaz, tommy g, bonesaw, me) accidently took it, i had no clue how did the remote slipped into the bag randomly since i took it to give it back to him when i had to close down the stream

3 hours of sleep prior to a tourney is an absolute no no for me

Gindler

Smash Champion
Kei: Do you still think that Oli vs. Peach is 80:20? MAYBE 70:30, but I think 65:35. Good games and you have a great Peach.
It's 70:30. That's what the peaches are saying anyway, oli's might be over exaggerating :laugh:. I still think it's 60:40 just becuase it's oli.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
ok it was all of us (chaz, tommy g, bonesaw, me) accidently took it, i had no clue how did the remote slipped into the bag randomly since i took it to give it back to him when i had to close down the stream

3 hours of sleep prior to a tourney is an absolute no no for me
oh. well, im happy someone i know has it. umm...i guess give it to chaz? he'd be the first SFL i see (since ill see him at genesis) and i can get it then

Noa.

Smash Master
As long as it's not on smashville I do well against Peach. For me the hardest part in the matchup is killing her. All my kill moves are grounded and Peach is floating the whole game. Sucky matchup, but I think that 70:30's pushing it.

ghaudephaede010

Smash Journeyman
Alright, let me go ahead and say I am so disappointed becuase I NEED to get the night off to do the 1v1 tournament. I know I am getting better, but I need that pressure and I miss being there all night watching finals and ****.

I asked Co how he thought he would do in this tournament and he was so humble in his answer. Dude owned good run this tournament.

Also, Hyper Brawl needs more hype. It is like... Melee, 64, and Brawl all put into one neat little package! HYPE THAT **** MY *****S!!!! Fearless is too good or introducing me to it. It should be tournament level!!!

Fun times as usual hope to see you all next month (even though I am pretty sure I will not be seeing most of you because of Genesis... which sucks because I wanted to go if work was not so jewish about ****...).

OverLade

Smash Hero
training is exactly what makes me suck. ive figured it out. the first gigs i placed at i had just turned on tap jump for the first time and never played with it before, and never played the whole month b4 it. between each following gigs i never played at all, and i showed up the day of and played amazin. the less i play the better i am. if any1 wants to play melee then hit me up, otherwise, im savin brawl til tourney day only, and maybe gabe's.

polmex and gmoney did aight. polmex had his **** moments. they had 2 or 3 wins
That's faulty logic right there.

That's like saying "I drink orange juice before every tourney and place well, but this time I drank red bull and placed badly. Therefore Redbull makes me place while."

Nobody gets worse from practice, but you have to have a solid playstyle ready before a tournament. Experimenting too much makes you worse, you have to be aiming for something so you can at least play the same way consistently. Never blame practice for losing, blame yourself for not being on your game, or for sucking.

We need to play this week lol.

Hai Im Fearless

Smash Lord
IDK dude, i feel the same way as petey.

whenever i dont practice or play for a while is when i do the best

like look at this tournament i havent played brawl seriously in months

also, fast1

Also, Hyper Brawl needs more hype. It is like... Melee, 64, and Brawl all put into one neat little package! HYPE THAT **** MY *****S!!!! Fearless is too good or introducing me to it. It should be tournament level!!!

HELL YEAH MOTHER ****ER

MVD

Smash Master
fun *** tourney! HRNUT amazing matches!!!! we will do more in due time, im not a shout out person but I will say, to everyone I played Good Games and I am hopeful for many more!!!!

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
Awesome tourney! I had a much better time than I did at FG, that's for sure. :laugh:

The only qualm that I had was facing MVD in the first round. Seriously, what the heck? He drove me over there and we had to fight the first round? Hopefully I'll be seeded better next time since I did OK in this tournament (in singles at least, I'll just ignore what happened in doubles. <_<; ), but at least we put on a good show. =P

I'm surprised that Seibrik got 4th. I think this is the first tournament we've both went to that he didn't win. o_O

(Thanks for taking me again, MVD. I owe you one. :chuckle:)

EDIT: My Sheik owns in Brawl Turbo. Get at me.

Master Raven

Smash Master
I really hope next Gigs is on the 18th.

I'll go 100% for sure since I'm visiting Orlando for Disney that weekend.

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
I won't be able to go next month. I have a college trip up in New England. I'm going to be visiting like 6 colleges or so. >.>

:069:

Deadweight

Smash Ace
Lol me and a friend were watching brawl turbo matches on the stream and tried it out...
Then played vBrawl and was like "Whoa....its so slow"
BRAWL + - HYPE

Master Raven

Smash Master
Experimenting too much makes you worse, you have to be aiming for something so you can at least play the same way consistently.
I need to take that advice to heart.

Far too often I tend to **** around with different approaches and **** in friendlies but I think I do it way too much. I've done enough experimenting as it is, it's time to just improve on general stuff.

OverLade

Smash Hero
I need to take that advice to heart.

Far too often I tend to **** around with different approaches and **** in friendlies but I think I do it way too much. I've done enough experimenting as it is, it's time to just improve on general stuff.
Yeah it's better to find a consistent style to play with. Because if you mess around a lot in friendlies, you'll find yourself unconsciously doing it in tourney.
ah, more OoS to destroy ;)
More OOS to destroy me. :(
Dont take Falco to Rainbow Cruise
Its a trap.

TEECO

Smash Ace
Fearless, we need to play some dude. Your Olimar is good as ****

PS: The McGangbang was delicious. I tried it later that day.

hiROI

Smash Lord
I couldn't touch Tommy G on RC :(

ps: Thank you [X]FACTOR for the IC's match up. I played one yesterday and I did really good :)

Top Bottom