• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

6/20/2009 GIGABITS and Silvermine Subs present - A June Brawl

Master Raven

Smash Master
lol I love how CO totally bashed Brawl+ before and now he's really digging into it.

Marth's edgeguard game is ****ing ********. I think I'm gonna main him and Snake in B+.

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
I already asked MVD, Seibrik. I've asked EVERYBODY. As of right now, my only "possible" ride is with Chaz on that tri-rail over to Tommy G's house if someone from his group opts out on going... v_v

OverLade

Smash Hero
My parents don't really trust other people riding me to CFL for now.

Housing is something else I think they wouldn't feel comfy with if it was some far place.
My exact johns, except for the most part my parents don't want to go through the trouble of driving me 2 hours just to play game. :(

The next step is for CO to dig melee...

>_<

:colorful:
Brawl+ = Melee-

Queen you gotta see my Marf then teach me the ways. :D

Sandtru27

Smash Lord
lol gindler, yes my name is Geoff

if you're actually wondering... no, i didn't make that vid (tho i'll play you in that fly swatter game from mario paint lolol... that game is CRAZY)

-Spike-

Smash Ace
On friday i get paid. After i pay all my bills and stuff ill calculate how much money I have left and see if i have enough to make this gigs, or if itll put me negative or be to close to negative LOL. Hopefully I have enough, if not ill come to the next one.

ghaudephaede010

Smash Journeyman
ROB like... doesn't have any bad stages. Or at least I can never think of any, neutrals seem to be the best bet against him
Yea, R.O.B. has plenty of bad stages. And it is also true that Yoshi and Lylat can **** him as well. Any stage with an uneven platform can be terrible.

Plus, R.O.B. has so many bad matchups, it is insane to think that the poor Robot should have many counterpick stages as well. Cpt Falcon it is not...

Double post, but I do not care!

Galuuda

Smash Journeyman
I will team with you dude...

...Even though it means blowing off my initial partner, I would not mind teaming with you. We may win a match or two...

Gonna be like 100 degrees (literally that is thee estimate from TWC) on tournament day. Tournament ready.

Nah don't ditch someone to team with me, I'm just wondering considering i started asking a week before the actual tournament...if anyone wanted to team that doesn't have a teammate already? CUZ I just found out i could go this week so......YEAH anyone without a teammate down?

Galuuda

Smash Journeyman
I know, I'm saying I don't want him to blow someone off. Although if you guys aren't teaming anymore, I would team with him gladly.

ZHMT

Smash Lord
NNID
zeeehmtee
@Galuuda,

If Poltergust cant come, Imma need a partner, team with me.

This is only if he cant come.

Someone get Poltergust a ride...

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
best thing to do is just copy the stage list for genesis.... not much arguments can go against that, and its the best preperation/good tourny experience ratio we can get.

for a reference see florida gaming.

Japes can go either way, its up to the host.
FL gaming has Yoshi's on radom, and not Lylat... that seems wrong.

the Genesis list:

Set format (In Order of Procedure):
1. Opponents choose their characters for the first match *
2. 1st Stage will be chosen at random unless agreed upon by both players. Each Player will be provided one Random Reset, with the lower-seeded Player given the option to use their reset first.**
3. The first game is played, using the stage chosen during step 2
4. The winner of the previous match may announce their Stage Ban selection
5. The loser of the previous match announces the next match's stage from either the Random Stage List or the Counter Stage List
6. The winner of the previous match chooses their character
7. The loser of the previous match chooses their character
8. Repeat steps 5-7 for all proceeding matches
*Double blind character selection may be called for the first match
**If neither Player has chosen to use their Random Reset within 3 seconds of the match starting, the match must be played out on the stage generated.

Neutral Stages:
-Battlefield
-Final Destination
-Smashville

Counterpick Stages:
-Yoshi's Island (Brawl)
-Lylat Cruise
-Delfino Plaza
-Castle Siege
-Frigate Orpheon
-Jungle Japes
-Battleship Halberd
-Rainbow Cruise
-Brinstar
-Pokemon Stadium

*Vote*
-Pictochat (currently 24-yes, 21-no)
-Pirate Ship (currently 25-yes, 20-no)
-Norfair (currently 25-yes, 12-no)

The only problem I have with this is that each player is allowed a reset, eliminating one of the random stages... possible leaving one stage... idk really why this is a problem to me.. .just seems weird.

I would prefer to have Lylat and Yoshi's both on radom with the reset rule... but this stage list is ok with me even without it...

And yes, let's please not do anything but Brawl... don't want this thing to go forever... x.x

ZHMT

Smash Lord
NNID
zeeehmtee
Uhhh if they are good at infinites, they lose the stock. :laugh:

If they arent OR are named ZMT, the match continues from that point.

:)

LozanoGarbanzo

Smash Ace
Orlando(UCF), FL [br] Click my sig, you won't.
What's the ruling on "accidentally" pausing the game during an IC infinite.
umm THEY LOSE THE MATCH, but seriously it's pretty gay when people do that, I know that they are trying to spam to try to get out but they should spam carefully, but I think I would just be like w/e it happens, I'll just get another grab ;p

This actually happened to galuuda at fl gaming but he just kept on truckin didn't phase him a bit.
too pro

Galuuda

Smash Journeyman
Man...you gotta try hard to make me mad, lol. Honestly if that happens I just let them go unless if they are douche-worthy, then I call them out on it and tell them to let me re-grab....but that hasen't happened yet because it's hard to make me think of someone as a douche...worthy...person..And it's awl good HirOi? HiROi? too many capitalizations..or I'm too lazy to look back. All good mang, good matches.

Top Bottom